PDA

View Full Version : printing BRIS files using Windows 2000 Professional

anotherdave
09-24-2001, 12:37 PM
I have a new computer at work that uses Windows 2000 Professional. It doesn't appear that I can print out the BRIS .drf files on it with PP Generator. I emailed BRIS a couple of times and they said they don't support Windows 2000. I can still print them out at home, but printing them out at lunch at work was easy (I have permission!)

Just wondering if there was anyone else with that problem and if they figured out how to do it.

Thanks

Dave

thoroughbred
09-24-2001, 07:32 PM
I'm confused. First did you mean Microsoft Office 2000 professional or did you really mean Windows 2000 professional.

Anyway, doesn't the BRIS generator use Adobe or something like it, such that something that worked with your previous computer, (I'm assuming it's Office 2000), should work with Office 2000 on your new computer?

Perhaps your new computer doesn't have Adobe, or whatever BRIS uses, while the old one had it downloaded.

Just a thought.

anotherdave
09-24-2001, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by thoroughbred
I'm confused. First did you mean Microsoft Office 2000 professional or did you really mean Windows 2000 professional.

Anyway, doesn't the BRIS generator use Adobe or something like it, such that something that worked with your previous computer, (I'm assuming it's Office 2000), should work with Office 2000 on your new computer?

Perhaps your new computer doesn't have Adobe, or whatever BRIS uses, while the old one had it downloaded.

Just a thought.

Yes, I meant Windows 2000 Professional. And yes BRIS does have adobe PDF files. I, however want to use the data files.When you download .drf files they print using Past Performance Generator which needs to be compatible with the Windows 98 or earlier apparently. It doesn't use adobe, it is a self contained program. I would use the adobe file to print, but then I'd have pay to get the .drf file as well, to use the data and any software.

thanks

BillW
09-25-2001, 12:48 AM
I'm not a windows user, here but I'll take a stab. Can you print to a file? If so, you can open the file with a windows app such as notepad and print it that way.

Bill

Trijack
09-25-2001, 01:19 AM
I use Windows 2000 Professional and I have no trouble printing out the drf files.

FortuneHunter
09-28-2001, 10:45 AM
What type of error are you getting?

anotherdave
09-28-2001, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I tried installing the PPGENERATOR again. It still didn't work. So I did it one more time and for some reason it worked. Don't know why, but I'm not complaining!

Dave