PDA

View Full Version : The Uncle Mo saga ends as per Twitter

Pine Tree Lane
05-06-2011, 08:34 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/ClaireNovak/status/66475560221679616

matthewsiv
05-06-2011, 08:37 AM
No surprise.

I do not believe that he would have got the distance.

GaryG
05-06-2011, 09:20 AM
This is the way the Mo Saga ends
Not with a bang but a twitter

Zippy Chippy
05-06-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd be so pissed if I owned sway away or the other horse and couldn't get in cause of this crap

strapper
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Too much drama from this camp. Prevented a horse from running. :confused:

Tom
05-06-2011, 10:34 AM
The owner is half the horse, you know.

JustRalph
05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I'd be so pissed if I owned sway away or the other horse and couldn't get in cause of this crap

he has another horse in the race. It benefits him to keep others out

cj
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
he has another horse in the race. It benefits him to keep others out

Actually, it might have helped his other horse not be last.

nijinski
05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Maybe I'm just more sensitive . Some of us females are like that.
I am just concerned about his health right now. Something in the feed?
Vitamins? a plot against Pletcher? Doubt it but there is that little lingering sense of what if , when a barn suddenly looses a young filly to Lymphoma
and Life At Ten falls apart in full view as well.
An unfortunate coincidence or something else , I have to wonder.

Poor Mo really doesn't look well filled out , just hope all the bright minds
looking after him can figure out what's ailing him. He still holds the
champion title and best he could in his last race.

pandy
05-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Too much drama from this camp. Prevented a horse from running. :confused:

This was a bush league move by Pletcher/Repole. I would imagine that Churchill will make some rule changes for next year. You should not be allowed to scratch a horse after it's entered unless you can get a track vet to agree that the horse is sick or lame. How do you not know whether your horse is ready for the Derby when you enter on Wednesday? The horse isn't right on Wednesday but maybe by Saturday it will be? What garbage.

Mineshaft
05-06-2011, 05:39 PM
This was a bush league move by Pletcher/Repole. I would imagine that Churchill will make some rule changes for next year. You should not be allowed to scratch a horse after it's entered unless you can get a track vet to agree that the horse is sick or lame. How do you not know whether your horse is ready for the Derby when you enter on Wednesday? The horse isn't right on Wednesday but maybe by Saturday it will be? What garbage.

Its the way the game is played...

JustRalph
05-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Its the way the game is played...

Isn't this the official "Dan the Bluegrass man " bitch and moan :lol:

pandy
05-06-2011, 06:14 PM
You're right, I guess you can't blame the connections, Churchill let them get away with it. The rules have to be changed to stop this kind of nonsense. You enter in the Derby, you run in the Derby unless a vet who works for Churchill allows a scratch.

Mineshaft
05-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Isn't this the official "Dan the Bluegrass man " bitch and moan :lol:

you lost me.

JustRalph
05-06-2011, 07:10 PM
you lost me.

Baffert used Dan the Bluegrass man to keep two other horses out of the race if memory serves me. He got lots of bad press for it. He also made the comment that the rules are what they are, something like "stop bitching and moaning"

I am doing this from memory, so I am not sure if the quotes right.

sorry for being so esoteric. It's a personality fault.........I suffer from :lol:

nijinski
05-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Baffert used Dan the Bluegrass man to keep two other horses out of the race if memory serves me. He got lots of bad press for it. He also made the comment that the rules are what they are, something like "stop bitching and moaning"

sorry for being so esoteric. It's a personality fault.........I suffer from :lol:
Your memory is holding up well.That's what happened.

cj
05-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure he only could keep one horse out by entering his other horse, not two, but the gist of it is correct.

Tom
05-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Make up for poor training with good politics.
Go baby.

JustRalph
05-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure he only could keep one horse out by entering his other horse, not two, but the gist of it is correct.

Makes sense. I thought somebody didn't ship or something because they didn't think they would get in........ whatever...... I will settle for the gist.

Mineshaft
05-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Ok got it now, i think you are right about Baffert and that horse.

nijinski
05-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Makes sense. I thought somebody didn't ship or something because they didn't think they would get in........ whatever...... I will settle for the gist.

It was actually a blow to the owners of Asmussen's horse who actually traveled to Churchill for Windward Passage . Steve and the
horses connections were very upset.

I'm not sure we are dealing with the same circumstances here as Mo who has champion status may have a legitimate ailment with good and bad days where as DanTBGM , was pretty much a longshot filler .

Grits
05-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Maybe Mo is in a bad way--we don't know. We also don't know his daily regimen. We do know Todd seems to be having a little run of difficulty with some of his horses though, if one includes Quality Road, Life At Ten, and now, Uncle Mo. Granted Todd's got more stakes horses than anybody in the country, so some will say, by virtue of numbers alone, these things will happen and all like that, etc, etc.

Todd's horses have had viruses and other undiagnosed maladies before. Too, he's had some drop dead from mysterious ailments before. He had a pretty bad go of it in 2002 up at Saratoga.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...lukas-perplexed (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/11079/bsaratoga-notebookb-warners-death-latest-tragedy-to-hit-pletcher-barn-repent-ready-lukas-perplexed)

Yet Dutrow, scumbag that he is, he needs to be run out of racing. But Todd, on the other hand, he gets a great big PASS, being the nation's top guy. He'll hold his postive up in court for a year or two, if need be. And explain well, the unexplainable medical problems, somehow.

Maybe someone can correct me, and if I'm wrong, please do----I can't recall any of Dutrow's horses dropping dead of mysterious ailments while in his barn, under his care. Ailments that even confound the top vets in the country, but then too, one has to consider the possibility that the vets could be playing a large role in what's going into the horses guts and into their bloodstream everyday. Maybe?

Only the filthy rich can afford Todd and the vet bills attached to his monthly statements. Evidently that stuff sure is doing some good, 'cause he wins A LOTTA RACES!

There's plenty of dubious decisions made in racing everyday. Too, there's an obvious "lack of integrity" that spreads far and wide. It doesn't fall to just one trainer. Instead, it seems that some just have more finesse than others.

Lambo's right, racing really, really needs a complete overhaul--in every direction, in every sense of the word. And this week, all Todd and his mouthpiece, Repole, did was add to its problems. This should never have happened.

Either way, one can sure hope Mo recovers and gets to run another day, while hoping, as well, that things get straightened out for Todd.

Maybe he'll invest in some muzzles--that'd be a good start.

Mineshaft
05-06-2011, 09:22 PM
It was actually a blow to the owners of Asmussen's horse who actually traveled to Churchill for Windward Passage . Steve and the
horses connections were very upset.

I'm not sure we are dealing with the same circumstances here as Mo who has champion status may have a legitimate ailment with good and bad days where as DanTBGM , was pretty much a longshot filler .

Poor Steve hes always mad about something.

Zippy Chippy
05-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Wasn't that D Wayne Lukas? Also why when i google dan the bluegrass man ABSOLUTELY NOTHING COMES UP!??

nijinski
05-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Zippy make it one word ,

Stillriledup
05-07-2011, 05:19 AM
All i was looking for was a good solid 20 horse field to make a wager on. I was truly interested in TWENTY betting interests. If i wanted 19, i would have said so.

So anyway, Uncle No was never going to run and yet the owner decided to enter him to exclude another runner. Nice of him, eh?

So now, we have this 'story' about this horse scratching when he shouldnt have even been on the grounds training, he should have already been turned out.

The entire world knew this horse wasnt running yet the guy entered him anyway. Maybe they wanted to make Pletcher look good, ya know, like a guy who really cares about horses and a guy who will 'do right by the horse'. Maybe this overpriced water guy said to his embattled trainer "let me enter Uncle No in the derby, we will scratch him, make a big production out of it and then you can look like a caring, considerate guy who will always do right by the horse"

I'm not really sure i heard Repole correctly when he was answering questions from Privman in the paddock on Friday but did he say that "todd would never run a horse that isnt right". I thought i heard that from his mouth, but there's really no way he could have said that.

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Maybe you're just being a little bit ridiculous.

cj
05-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Maybe you're just being a little bit ridiculous.

Maybe? Really?