PDA

View Full Version : GP Figures

Some_One
05-06-2011, 12:25 AM
With a lot of good horses from all corners coming into CD the next 2 days, I've noticed that a lot of them always seem to run career best or recent best speed figs at Gulfstream, seems quite strange, anyone else notice this?

Edward DeVere
05-07-2011, 12:03 AM
A good way to go broke in a hurry is to bet Todd Pletcher's monster dirt figures from GP at another track.

Tom
05-07-2011, 08:22 AM
I always take GP figures with a large grain of salt.
If I see another race at a another track that supports those big efforts, fine, but more often than not, I draw a line through them.

On the scale of evolution, GP has found fire, but not time yet - they have no clue how to time a race there.

Valuist
05-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Probably a good idea to downgrade GP figs earned on or near the lead, and upgrade GP numbers for off the pace horses.

Producer
05-07-2011, 11:32 PM
A small fortune could be made betting against big figure Gulfstream Park horses running at Calder at the beginning of the Calder meet. The difference between those 2 dirt tracks is enormous.

CincyHorseplayer
05-08-2011, 02:55 AM
For what it's worth,of the 31 races run on 5/4-5-6(31 races),Gulstream horses won 8 of them.Which was most over Oaklawn and Keeneland's 7 apiece.

Edward DeVere
05-08-2011, 09:35 PM
For what it's worth,of the 31 races run on 5/4-5-6(31 races),Gulstream horses won 8 of them.Which was most over Oaklawn and Keeneland's 7 apiece.

By itself, that is about as close to a completely meaningless statistic as you can get.

Edward DeVere
05-08-2011, 09:39 PM
And , oh, by the way, you can get killed with GP turf horses, as well. Not because their figures are inflated, but because high figures earned on Gulfstream's firm courses don't translate so well to the soggy grass courses frequently seen at Keeneland and Aqueduct/Belmont in the spring.

CincyHorseplayer
05-08-2011, 10:47 PM
By itself, that is about as close to a completely meaningless statistic as you can get.

Horses that ship and win at other tracks is far from meaningless.But proceed as you do.My prices go up with this kind of negligence.