PDA

View Full Version : CSV

witchdoctor
10-27-2003, 12:45 PM
This was posted on the dmtc.com/pedigree board by pedigree consultant George Smith. While he was red boarding, his GSV numbers were available since the time the horse was entered in their database. Just food for thought.

No matter how you look at it. The GSV scored big at the Breeders Cup. A $10 flat bet to win on the highest GSV horse in each race would have returned $479.00 profit. The result
4th in the first, Adoration $83.40 in the second.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH JOHN PRATHER, 9th, 9th, 6th, 6th, 4th, 7th, Pleasantly Perfect in the Classic at $30.40, 8th, 8th and Gold Sphinx at $6.00 in the last. 12 Races, 3 winners, but oh what nice winners.

While I have been using my GSV system in a few bets on the Pick 3, namely a hit at Keeneland for half of $4900+ on Thursday, I did not use it for the Breeder's Cup, but if I had this would have been the result:

My system is to pick the highest GSV and the favorite if not the highest GSV score for the first leg of a Pick 3. If the favorite is the highest GSV score, I single the horse and bet the following two legs in the following fashion. I then move the board to the first race:
leg 2: board, leg 3: highest GSV and morning line favorite [if the same horse, single that horse for the race]
leg 2: highest GSV and morning line favorite [if the same horse, single that horse for the race], leg 3: board I bet $1 Pick 3's

Listed below will be the Top GSV horse first and the favorite next. Note,horses selected may change in subsequent races if betting public make them favorite instead of the original morning line favorite.

Pick 3 #1a
Adoration, Sightseek
Board
Pefect Soul, Special Ring
Down $56.00

Pick 3 #1b
Adoration, Sightseek
Renaissance Lady, Halfbridled
Board
Up $2060.70

Pick 3 #1c
Board
Perfect Soul, Special Ring
Down $28.00

Pick 3 #2a
Board
Aldebaran
Down $26.00

Pick 3 #2b
Board
Down $52.00

Pick 3 #2c
Board
Aldebaran
Down $56.00

Pick 3 #3a
Perfect Soul, Peace Rules
Board
Riskaverse, Islington
Down $52.00

Pick 3 #3b
Perfect Soul, Peace Rules
Aldebaran
Board
Down $24.00

Pick 3 #3c
Board
Aldebaran
Riskaverse, Islington
Down $26.00

Pick 3 #4a
Aldebaran
Board
Tiger Hunt, Cuvee
Down $24.00

Pick 3 #4b
Aldebaran
Riskaverse, Islington
Board
Down $24.00

Pick 3 #4c
Board
Riskaverse, Islington
Tiger Hunt, Cuvee
Down $52.00

Pick 3 #5a
Riskaverse, Islington
Board
High Chaparral, Storming Home
Up $331.50

Pick 3 #5b
Riskaverse, Islington
Tiger Hunt, Cuvee
Board
Down $36.00

Pick 3 #5c
Board
Tiger Hunt, Cuvee
Down $48.00

Pick 3 #6a
Tiger Hunt, Cuvee
Board
Pleasant Perfect, Medaglia d'Oro
Down $36.00

Pick 3 #6b
Tiger Hunt, Cuvee
Board
Down $40.00

Pick 3 #6c
Board
High Chapparal, Storming Home
Perfectly Pleasant, Medaglio d'Oro
Up $969.70

Final Total Up $2781.90 Arghh.

witchdoctor
10-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Oops,

That was supposed to be GSV not CSV.

linrom1
10-28-2003, 04:59 AM
LoL. Try using your GSV approach in MSW races. If GSV works, you should expect outstanding results with these, right? After all, it’s all about natural ability. I did take look at this, and found it to be just another variable that works less than the expected win % for the favorites, and then, these types tend to be over bet anyway.