PDA

View Full Version : Weird time loss with surgery

jognlope
05-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I had a lap choly (gallbladder). I was on the gurney in the OR. The surgeon came over, leaned over and said "how are you?" I said something about that pinching I had under my ribs, but nothing much. Then the nurse said "I'm going to wrap your arms in sheets. Then a second later I was in recovery, woken up, and said "OUCH!" I was discharged after three nurses kicked but, made me roll, walk, go to bathroom, etc. Surgery took a second!! (seemed that way)

Anyway I celebrated being GB-less with a cheese pizza this week, sure went down good!!

sonnyp
05-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I had a lap choly (gallbladder). I was on the gurney in the OR. The surgeon came over, leaned over and said "how are you?" I said something about that pinching I had under my ribs, but nothing much. Then the nurse said "I'm going to wrap your arms in sheets. Then a second later I was in recovery, woken up, and said "OUCH!" I was discharged after three nurses kicked but, made me roll, walk, go to bathroom, etc. Surgery took a second!! (seemed that way)

Anyway I celebrated being GB-less with a cheese pizza this week, sure went down good!!

i've had 2 major surgies this past year, knee replacement and spinal fusion. it is amazing when you sleep, you're unconcious but you sense a passage of time.

with that anasthesia, man out like a light, wake up what seems to be the next second although hours have passed. wierd feeling.

must be the depth of unconsciousness

lamboguy
05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
its nice to have you here. i am glad you are alright now

sonnyp
05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
its nice to have you here. i am glad you are alright now

tough 12 months. always been a little bull physically. 12 years of football and 20 years of "wrastlin" racehorses caught up with me at 60.

i'm still standin

jognlope
05-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Sonnyp, lightning probably won't strike a third time! Glad you're okay.

Grits
05-04-2011, 05:00 PM
For outpatient procedures or surgeries, look up the anesthetic: VERSED, or as its prounced, VER-SED.

Powerful stuff that not only puts you to sleep and takes care of your pain--you also have NO memory, no recall of the procedure. One can sometimes have difficulty with it. :rolleyes:

Tom
05-04-2011, 09:53 PM
They call it time travel! :D