PDA

View Full Version : what i am hearing from kentucky

lamboguy
05-04-2011, 01:18 PM
i heard that UNCLE MOE is entered and will scratch. also DIALED IN not doing so great and might scratch.

this is not official, but my info has been pretty good in the past

wisconsin
05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
wow, that would be something......

Grits
05-04-2011, 01:21 PM
i heard that UNCLE MOE is entered and will scratch. also DIALED IN not doing so great and might scratch.

Per his owner, Lambo, hopefully, before lunchtime Saturday?:lol:

sonnyp
05-04-2011, 01:22 PM

deja vu "i want revenge"

looks like that intestinal situation was just too much for him.

you don't think those scars from pin firing or that shaved spot on the opposte splint has anything to do with all this , do you ?

lamboguy
05-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Per his owner, Lambo, hopefully, before lunchtime Saturday?:lol:
i don't think that pletcher wants to put another bad horse in the kentucky derby like he has done before.

redshift1
05-04-2011, 02:55 PM

Not a word about Dialed In having problems from any of the reporters at Churchill Downs ? Not saying your wrong but odd there's no other mention.

ManeMediaMogul
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I am on the grounds at Churchill and have been hearing the same things about Uncle Mo. Haven't heard the Dialed In stuff but one work in five weeks is very unconventional.

Grits
05-04-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2011/05/04/uncle-mo-entered-not-definite-for-kentucky-derby.aspx

lamboguy
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I am on the grounds at Churchill and have been hearing the same things about Uncle Mo. Haven't heard the Dialed In stuff but one work in five weeks is very unconventional.today this is the toughest thing in all of horseracing, keeping a horse together so that they can ever run in those races. what is good about the series is the short time between the kentucky derby and preakness, it toughen's up those horses that make it that far. i have been saying this for a long time now, the time between races is killing the chances for these horses to perform at their peak. instead they they are working the horses every week and not getting as much out of those works than if they were in races. i am sorry about dialed in because i thought zito made a great move with him running against older and then setting him up to win the florida derby.

Canarsie
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Somebody has to break a story. If he trusts his sources I give him props for having the guts to post it. Others might be more cautious before publishing it.

lamboguy
05-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Somebody has to break a story. If he trusts his sources I give him props for having the guts to post it. Others might be more cautious before publishing it.a couple of years ago i had a knock on the fist and second choice in this race, one was FREISEN FIRE, the other one was a pletcher entry. i said they had no business being in the race to begin with and they both ran and stunk the whole place out. i am just pointing it out to this board in case they are still in the race and people decide to wager on them.

redshift1
05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
a couple of years ago i had a knock on the fist and second choice in this race, one was FREISEN FIRE, the other one was a pletcher entry. i said they had no business being in the race to begin with and they both ran and stunk the whole place out. i am just pointing it out to this board in case they are still in the race and people decide to wager on them.

If this is true then the post time odds for UM & DI should reflect this as major bettors would be privy to the same information especially with all the scrutiny on the Derby.

Bettowin
05-04-2011, 05:22 PM
If this is true then the post time odds for UM & DI should reflect this as major bettors would be privy to the same information especially with all the scrutiny on the Derby.

That's the great thing about the Derby. It might be the only or one of the only races each year that is so popular the uninformed casual bettor money outweighs the major bettors or informed money.

Ignore these comments at your own risk. I did with Freisen Fire and burned a lot of tickets:(

Lambo's information at least for the time I have been reading it is about as reliable and accurate as one could hope for in this industry. He isn't posting to throw anyone off or help his own cause it's for our benefit if we wish to use it. I am glad we have posters on this forum who are willing to share what they see and know.

toussaud
05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
uncle mo just drew post 18. might as well scratch now

TJDave
05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
uncle mo just drew post 18. might as well scratch now

If this info is correct I'd much rather they both would run. ;)

Rackon
05-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I didn't like anything I was hearing about Mo this week, especially the fact that he looked like he was on the thin side and lacked energy - I wanna see a Derby horse diving into his feed tub, eager and on the muscle.

I'm not delighted about the 18 hole either, but there was already so much to be wary of before the draw.

Have to say I'm not sure how much credit I give to the scuttlebutt on Dialed In - someone was speculating on Twitter about him being off because they didn't like his way of going. Fair enough, but DI is not an impressive mover. The chopy canter could signify absolutely nothing, and the connections say that's just him, it's the way he moves and he's doing fine. Personally, I don't think Zito brings a horse that isn't right. Take it for what it's worth.

The Post Position for Arch 3 has me totally bummed.

Producer
05-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I have also been hearing rumors about DI not doing well. Bruno De Julio among others have said he looked off the past few days. Somebody else who has been at CD for the past 10 days told me they thought he might have injured himself yesterday while training in the slop.

Its possible he may have just not cared for the off track, as he did look very fit and ready before heading to CD from Florida.

As for Uncle Mo, I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if he made it to the gate Saturday. All indications point to him scratching in the next 2 days.

lamboguy
05-06-2011, 09:59 AM

this is not official, but my info has been pretty good in the pasti guess its now official on UNCLE MO

lamboguy
05-06-2011, 10:13 AM
If this info is correct I'd much rather they both would run. ;)dave that is what we all want, but its not right for the public and the horse to run subpar horses. i have to give mike repole credit for making this very proper decision.

we all would have loved a full speed uncle mo run in this race. i wish he never entered but i guess he didn't want more competion for his other horse. i am sure some day that mike repole will win a kentucky derby and i hope a belmont stake. the man has just proven that he is good for this game..i now have to root for all his horses to do well.

Dahoss9698
05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
dave that is what we all want, but its not right for the public and the horse to run subpar horses. i have to give mike repole credit for making this very proper decision.

we all would have loved a full speed uncle mo run in this race. i wish he never entered but i guess he didn't want more competion for his other horse. i am sure some day that mike repole will win a kentucky derby and i hope a belmont stake. the man has just proven that he is good for this game..i now have to root for all his horses to do well.

I have an entirely different view of Repole after this. He made Derby week more about him than the race, and his shenanagins kept another horse out.

The last thing the sport needs is another owner that thinks they are above the game. He had a chance to do the right thing, but he couldn't resist the spotlight and making a big spectacle of a horse that was never going to run.

calltopost
05-06-2011, 10:24 AM
making a big spectacle of a horse that was never going to run.

you said it

Tom
05-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Blue moon tonight?
I agree with Dahoss. ;)

Nice BS for the guy who was 21 on the earnings list.
Must be Uncle Slow got a bad bill of health from Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, and Doctor Howard Thursday.

lamboguy
05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
these guys that get horses ready to run in the kentucky derby crave for the spotlight. that is what keeps them in the game. it is impossible for mike repole to make a quarter in the racing game, the vets and trainers see to that. repole has another horse in the race and wants one less horse in the race. there are probably 3 or 4 horses running in it that have no business being in it. repole is just playing his cards the way he sees them. i said originally that i wish he did not enter. he had the right to and he did it, he paid and that's the bottom line. whether we like it or not. even if they increase the entry fee to $100k it would not have stopped him from entering.

up until today repole had the favorite in this race and it was not that easy to make his decision, he made it like a man unlike others before him. a few years ago friesen fire ran in the race, he had as much business being in it as i do to perform cardiac surgery.

i care about the quality of the race and the horse. as far as that is concerned repole sees it the same way. all this other mumbo jumbo about spotlite and hype means zero. repole chose the high rode in not running.

Grits
05-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I have an entirely different view of Repole after this. He made Derby week more about him than the race, and his shenanagins kept another horse out.

The last thing the sport needs is another owner that thinks they are above the game. He had a chance to do the right thing, but he couldn't resist the spotlight and making a big spectacle of a horse that was never going to run.

Couldn't possibly agree more.

cnollfan
05-06-2011, 11:13 AM
On the money. When it became obvious that he had failed to improve as a 3 year old and was not thriving at Churchill, the classy thing to do would have been not to enter the horse instead of taking someone else's space.

lamboguy
05-06-2011, 11:14 AM
i want to know where everyone was when friesen fire ran and had no business in the race? none of you johnnie come lately's said a word about this fraud on the public was created. not a word from any of you guys because the beloved larry jones and todd pletcher were involved. they did the wrong thing and you guys said didly. mike repole does the right thing and you take his head off for being a spoiled brat. i like him for being a man, and i even want to help him for his persuit to win these big races. i have never spoken to him or met him. i just simply am happy he did what he did.

Dahoss9698
05-06-2011, 11:19 AM
i want to know where everyone was when friesen fire ran and had no business in the race? none of you johnnie come lately's said a word about this fraud on the public was created. not a word from any of you guys because the beloved larry jones and todd pletcher were involved. they did the wrong thing and you guys said didly. mike repole does the right thing and you take his head off for being a spoiled brat. i like him for being a man, and i even want to help him for his persuit to win these big races. i have never spoken to him or met him. i just simply am happy he did what he did.

You're so off base here I don't even know where to start.

Being a man would have been declaring him earlier in the week when it was clear he wasn't going to run. If he cared so much about the game he would have.

Larry Jones isn't beloved by me at all, not even close.

lamboguy
05-06-2011, 11:27 AM
dahoss i like you too. repole is sick to his stomach right now. the other thing he runs has no shot and he knows it. without all the noise inbetween, larry jones ran, mike repole didn't. the highclass thing to do was not to enter at all, but he did what he considered what was good for him. AT LEAST HE'S NOT RUNNING. i am sure you are not arguing with that.

ArlJim78
05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
everyone knew the horse wasn't going to run, so why wait until only hours before early wagering to scratch a horse that moved backwards so much from 2 to 3?
with no also eligibles it does make a pretty big difference to the guy on the bubble.

Robert Goren
05-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Any more word on Dialed In?

keithw84
05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
You can enjoy the spotlight and still do it in a classy way. Repole's handling of this situation has not been classy, IMO. If Uncle Mo should not run, then I'm glad he pulled him now... but the issue is not pulling him from the race as opposed to having a Life At Ten situation. The issue is him probably never having any intention of racing but entering him anyway.

turninforhome10
05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Dollars to donuts UM has an inflammatory bowel disease that would require a steroid to help him. Cant run on steroids. I said this all along and so "I told you so". This should have been disclosed if this is indeed the reason. Repole is a gambling man and UM inclusion into the Derby futures should have been disallowed. If a horse has a chronic medical condition as I suppose UM has, it is criminal to allow him in the pools. This is a big lesson about disclosure. All those involved with UM should be investigated. But I suppose his breeding book will be full as making a stallion seems more important than honesty in racing.

lamboguy
05-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Dollars to donuts UM has an inflammatory bowel disease that would require a steroid to help him. Cant run on steroids. I said this all along and so "I told you so". This should have been disclosed if this is indeed the reason. Repole is a gambling man and UM inclusion into the Derby futures should have been disallowed. If a horse has a chronic medical condition as I suppose UM has, it is criminal to allow him in the pools. This is a big lesson about disclosure. All those involved with UM should be investigated. But I suppose his breeding book will be full as making a stallion seems more important than honesty in racing.
very good point. if this took place in japan or other parts of the world that maintain higher standards than what we do in this country, the trainer and owner would have felt some pain. however this is not the case in north american racing. as far as the rules go repole has done nothing wrong. maybe he should have given this more thought before he entered. i guess i am thinking about all the bullshit that happened 2 years ago with life at ten and friesen fire. becase when you compare those issues to uncle mo's, repole looks like a saint. and this is going to be my last comment on this, but how come the media that is so beloved here never said a thing about about those 2 horses after the race let alone before it? its probably because they have access to larry jones and pletcher and were afraid to lose their status

cnollfan
05-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Am I missing something here? Pletcher trains Uncle Mo.

turninforhome10
05-06-2011, 12:37 PM
"Either this is an ulcer or inflammatory bowel disease. I work as a lab tech and used to train thoroughbreds so I do not want to talk with my ego and lead anyone astray. Theorize with me for moment. If it is ulcers Mo would be on Gastrogard and probably a feed additive so unless something really got him worked up, I would not understand the degradation of the condition. If on the other hand he would have an immune situation that was causing the GI tract to be inflamed this would lead to a more dire circumstance such as IBD or other absorption maladies. Control would be through steroids. Could he be treated with anti inflammatory medication before the Derby No."
From turninforhome10 on 4/26/2011

Producer
05-06-2011, 08:38 PM
"Either this is an ulcer or inflammatory bowel disease. I work as a lab tech and used to train thoroughbreds so I do not want to talk with my ego and lead anyone astray. Theorize with me for moment. If it is ulcers Mo would be on Gastrogard and probably a feed additive so unless something really got him worked up, I would not understand the degradation of the condition. If on the other hand he would have an immune situation that was causing the GI tract to be inflamed this would lead to a more dire circumstance such as IBD or other absorption maladies. Control would be through steroids. Could he be treated with anti inflammatory medication before the Derby No."
From turninforhome10 on 4/26/2011

You guys are really buying a minor stomach condition as the reason Mo isn't performing the way he did last year? His issues go far beyond that. I doubt this horse ever runs again.

Mineshaft
05-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Mike Repole is just like Mike Iavarone always needs attention.

sammy the sage
05-06-2011, 08:46 PM
and again...dialed in...anymore :rolleyes:

turninforhome10
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
You guys are really buying a minor stomach condition as the reason Mo isn't performing the way he did last year? His issues go far beyond that. I doubt this horse ever runs again.
Does what you read above somehow suggest I believe this is a minor aliment.
No. I suggested he had IBD 2 weeks ago and everyone blew it off. The reason he was doing so well is he was probably being treated with prednisone(steroid). That is how you treat auto immune disease. I agree that he will probably never run again, because he probably will never be off medication. Gotta keep him alive so he can breed and further pollute the gene pool. His dad was a cripple, his grandfather gave bad knees and now we will get more brilliant 2yos that cant make it out of their 3yo season sound. Can't wait

turninforhome10
05-06-2011, 11:59 PM
There have been rumors all week that Uncle Mo would not run in the Derby, even though he was entered for the May 4 post position draw. Pletcher said the colt improved while undergoing treatment but that he regressed when vets began to withdraw medications over the past two days.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62901/uncle-mo-scratched-out-of-kentucky-derby#ixzz1LdTBKNfk

I was not to far off

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2011, 03:15 AM
I predict Uncle Mo will be a major force later in the year.

trackrat59
05-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Ok, my turn...I'll ask....please speak up now....we only have a few hours left..

Anything more on Dialed In?

:ThmbUp: :ThmbDown: :bang:

lamboguy
05-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Ok, my turn...I'll ask....please speak up now....we only have a few hours left..

Anything more on Dialed In?

:ThmbUp: :ThmbDown: :bang:ZITO says he has trained DIALED IN the same way going into the FLORIDA DERBY. i comented that he might be bad, if ZITO is telling the truth about his horse, he wil be very tough to beat today. he claims this horse is the next secratariat.

personally, i loved this horse until i saw the no works. i can't play a horse in a race like this without working into the race. i am sure ZITO will prove me wrong!!

Spiderman
05-07-2011, 10:01 AM
ZITO says he has trained DIALED IN the same way going into the FLORIDA DERBY. i comented that he might be bad, if ZITO is telling the truth about his horse, he wil be very tough to beat today. he claims this horse is the next secratariat.

personally, i loved this horse until i saw the no works. i can't play a horse in a race like this without working into the race. i am sure ZITO will prove me wrong!!
DRF article quotes Zito comparing Dialed In to Strike The Gold. I would have liked one workout on track.

lamboguy
05-07-2011, 10:07 AM
DRF article quotes Zito comparing Dialed In to Strike The Gold. I would have liked one workout on track.
churchill downs is a place where you can get away without working over it, i have done it myself. i had a horse come in from new york on a monday and win on thursday. i walked him into the race. that is basically what zito is doing here.

i just think a race like this is to tough to do this with. i am probably wrong, therefore i am betting my money on the 17 SOLDAT and sticking MUCHO MACHO MAN and ARCH ARCH ARCH underneath him.

good luck

Smarty Cide
05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
i got a good source over there since wednesday who says Archarcharch is sitting on a huge race.

lamboguy
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM

this is not official, but my info has been pretty good in the pasti am pretty upset about DIALED IN, he went favorite today in kentucky where everyone's eyes were on him and MR> ZITO came up with a bullshit story about how that is the way to train for a kentucky derby. the horse was a bad horse just like i had heard earlier and the public gets screwed one more time. i can't believe that ZITO could ever carry on this way.

all you guys chopped my head off yesterday when i said MIKE REPOLE did the right thing. compare him to ZITO now.

if any of you are pleased at the way DIALED IN performed today as the favorite, i can only urge you to give up horseracing.

toussaud
05-07-2011, 07:52 PM
he looked like crap.

i get nailed to the cross on another forum for saying this, but I don't like 3YO's coming out of gulfstream prep races. They just don't fire more times than not ans more times than not, that gulfstream stretch is the best part of their racing career. they just have to beat me, until they prove me otherwise, i autotoss anything coming out of gulfstream t hat has had more than 1 race over the track.

My humble opinion

Exotic1
05-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I heard that UNCLE MOE is entered and will scratch. Also DIALED IN not doing so great and might scratch.

This is not official, but my info has been pretty good in the past

I'd say you were right on. UM did scratch and DI was not doing so great.

Shelby
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, I would like to tell Lamboguy thank you for all of the behind the scenes information. I threw Dialed In completely out of my trifecta (I didn't hit it because I also tossed Nehro) and it saved me some money. I would have been scared to leave Dialed In out if not for this info.

I appreciate you putting yourself out there Lambo! :jump:

lamboguy
05-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Well, I would like to tell Lamboguy thank you for all of the behind the scenes information. I threw Dialed In completely out of my trifecta (I didn't hit it because I also tossed Nehro) and it saved me some money. I would have been scared to leave Dialed In out if not for this info.

I appreciate you putting yourself out there Lambo! :jump:its not about me shelby, its about the horse. the horse always comes first. putting the horse second is hurting this sport. dialed in had as much business in this stupid race as i do to perform cardiac surgery. i put this out 4 days before the race. nothing happens to the culprits, but the fans get cheated out of a competetive performance and their money. and don't think for one minute that people watching on television don't see this. the fan base tells it all these days. i am a bonified nut, so no one is ever going to listen to me no matter how loud i am. this game needs someone that is much smoother than i am, i am quite rough around the edges, to take up the fight.

ArlJim78
05-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Dialed In ran his race. he was a bad favorite thats all.
he finished 8th, it's not like he never lifted a hoof.

Shelby
05-07-2011, 08:22 PM
its not about me shelby, its about the horse. the horse always comes first. putting the horse second is hurting this sport. dialed in had as much business in this stupid race as i do to perform cardiac surgery. i put this out 4 days before the race. nothing happens to the culprits, but the fans get cheated out of a competetive performance and their money. and don't think for one minute that people watching on television don't see this. the fan base tells it all these days. i am a bonified nut, so no one is ever going to listen to me no matter how loud i am. this game needs someone that is much smoother than i am, i am quite rough around the edges, to take up the fight.

I listened.

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Dialed In ran his race. he was a bad favorite thats all.
he finished 8th, it's not like he never lifted a hoof.I would tend to agree with Jim here. Dialed In had some of the best late numbers on my list, but I felt he just wasn't fast enough to have a major impact. One of the few things I was right about in that race... :bang:

lamboguy
05-08-2011, 05:39 AM
I would tend to agree with Jim here. Dialed In had some of the best late numbers on my list, but I felt he just wasn't fast enough to have a major impact. One of the few things I was right about in that race... :bang:
he didn't win any beauty contest on his way from the paddock over to that starting gate either.

CincyHorseplayer
05-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Hell he looked liked he was going to keel over at 9 panels with a great pace setup.That was toss all day.The visual really turned me off.

trackrat59
05-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Here's another good one. Wonder if any of you heard this.

Saturday morning I was driving back to my house from breakfast and had on Sirius radio listening to channel 93, the horse racing channel. I was listening to the Saturday morning horse racing show. I never catch this show and I wish I didn't yesterday so I can't tell you the name of the show or the hosts.

In any case they did a Derby lead up and I caught a tape of an interview with Caton Bredar. The host asked her who the wiseguy horse is. Caton thought about it for a while and then said it's Nehro. Canton then said that she talked to Steve Asmussen about Nehro and the wagering attention he's been getting. She said that Asmussen said he can't figure out why all the attention. He said that he's happy to have a horse in the Derby but he would be surprised if he hit the board.

No $hit? So I went home and took Nehro off my list. When I saw him in the post parade I nearly puked. He looked like a monster. I don't have to tell you the rest of the story. I was all over Animal Kingdom, MMM, and Shakelford. This killed my trip and super tix.

There appear to be more liars in this game than I thought. True story and I'm not happy.

:bang:

On another note I would like to thank you Lambo for the information you shared with us. You didn't have to post the info for us but you did. Thanks very much.

Vinman
05-08-2011, 12:51 PM
he looked like crap.

i get nailed to the cross on another forum for saying this, but I don't like 3YO's coming out of gulfstream prep races. They just don't fire more times than not ans more times than not, that gulfstream stretch is the best part of their racing career. they just have to beat me, until they prove me otherwise, i autotoss anything coming out of gulfstream t hat has had more than 1 race over the track.

My humble opinion

You are 100% correct. How 'bout the 1 & 2 finishers in the Swale at GP, Travelin Man and Indiano, stinking the place out in the Derby Trial opening night.

Vinman

toussaud
05-08-2011, 01:05 PM
You are 100% correct. How 'bout the 1 & 2 finishers in the Swale at GP, Travelin Man and Indiano, stinking the place out in the Derby Trial opening night.

Vinman
Or Christine Daae

RXB
05-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Vinman

The pace of the Swale was incredibly slow; I'm not surprised that they failed next out.

I haven't seen any evidence of GP horses doing any worse than horses coming from other preps. Of the last 11 Fla Derby winners, three absolutely romped in the Ky Derby and two others ran second.

toussaud
05-08-2011, 01:26 PM
The pace of the Swale was incredibly slow; I'm not surprised that they failed next out.

I haven't seen any evidence of GP horses doing any worse than horses coming from other preps. Of the last 11 Fla Derby winners, three absolutely romped in the Ky Derby and two others ran second.

You are mistaking my stance for saying that all the races there are fake for some reason, and that the horses really aren't that good. I don't care for the way the track plays on big days, and think that it messes with the horses who run the speed demon times on the track.

I mean it's just my opinion, i'm not trying to convince anyone but any horse that races on that track more than once on a big day there, I auto toss. this year that would have included solddat, shackleford, flashpoint, dancinginherdreams, travelin man, pomery's pistol, R Heat lighting and dailed in.. that's a pretty damn good toss list if you ask me. They just have to beat me.

not saying they don't ever win. But it works for me.

jasperson
05-08-2011, 01:37 PM
rtvDialed In ran his race. he was a bad favorite thats all.
he finished 8th, it's not like he never lifted a hoof.
What really bothered me about the prerace handicapper on TVG and HRTV was that they were carrying Uncle Mo as 2nd favorite when they were pretty sure he would. If he did start and finished up the track that would have been worse.