PDA

View Full Version : Governor Cuomo Wants In-State Phone Betting Company!

andymays
05-04-2011, 08:18 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62838/cuomo-wants-in-state-phone-betting-company

Excerpt:

New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo says he does not want to be “disruptive’’ to the New York Racing Association, but he still wants the racetrack operator to get an in-state company to run its telephone wagering call center business.

The governor on May 3 showed no signs of letting up on NYRA’s recent decision to have Oregon-based TwinSpires.com, which is owned by Churchill Downs, run its Telebet operations.

“I reject the theory that we can’t find (a) business in this state to perform or provide this service,’’ Cuomo told reporters.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62838/cuomo-wants-in-state-phone-betting-company#ixzz1LNx8j9D1

andymays
05-04-2011, 08:20 AM
This is also an issue in California. At many CHRB meetings the Union Reps in California complain that California Tellers should take phone bets from California Customers.

----------------------------------------------

I thought this was too political for General Racing so I put it here. I guess it could also go in the ADW section.

Tom
05-04-2011, 08:57 AM
With all the companies the NYS legislature has driven out of the state, I'm supposed we don't have to outsource our garbage collection.

Maybe the nit wit should shut up and let the people who know how to run business make the decisions. This smacks of a "I have a nephew who needs a job" routine.

OTM Al
05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
The issue is better service for players. Anyone here have a problem with that? Didn't think so.

Tom
05-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Who better to deliver that - NYRA or a first term governor?

Rhetorical question.

sonnyp
05-04-2011, 08:02 PM
the only thing mario and his son know about horse racing is that they need to show up on travers day to present a trophy.

i graduated from high school with a guy named james tedisco who has made a career in albany government.

he was a great,great basketball player, but i kid you not, he was the dumbest sob you ever saw in your life.

perfect politician.