PDA

View Full Version : Why not Archarcharch as the fav?

Smarty Cide
05-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I wouldnt be shocked if Archarcharch is the fav by race time.

He won the Arkansas Derby with a 98 beyer.

Coming into the derby off the highest beyer.

Has improved for 3 straight races.

Great Tomlinson and Dosage numbers.

He draws a good post and he is the fav id say.

What am I missing?

MNslappy
05-03-2011, 08:49 PM
3rd choice is my guess, behind Uncle Mo and Dialed In.

Dahoss9698
05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Dialed In or Uncle Mo is going to be the favorite.

If one more person says they like Archarcharch, I'm ripping up my future ticket on him. He's carrying the weight of every meassage board I have seen this week.

Rise Over Run
05-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I really like ArchArchArch here. :lol: :lol:

Dahoss9698
05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Well played...

OFFandRUNNING10
05-03-2011, 08:58 PM

What am I missing?

SSHHHH dont blow it!

Some_One
05-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Very real chance Arch3 goes off fav

Smarty Cide
05-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Im betting this horse heavy. Hopefully im not drinking salad dressing for dinner next week.

Midnight Cruiser
05-03-2011, 11:14 PM

What am I missing?

I think he will be under 10-1 for sure.

salty
05-03-2011, 11:48 PM
.......Because Repole claims that they will make sure that UNcle Moe is the favorite.

BMustang
05-03-2011, 11:56 PM
If you like Archx3, you should LOVE Nehro.

nijinski
05-04-2011, 12:06 AM
He hasn't put back to back wins together .

Stillriledup
05-04-2011, 12:45 AM
The whole world loves Arch. There are rumors that Dialed in and Uncle Mo 'arent right', which leaves Arch as the next of kin. Arch is training well, yada yada yada.

He's the worlds 'consensus' pick. Probably won't be the favorite, but stranger things have happened.

Smarty Cide
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
i hope he isnt the fav. how often does the fav win? archarcharch sure aint no big brown.

i just dont see anyone else that can win if arch gets a good post and a good trip. big IF though

OTM Al
05-04-2011, 12:45 PM

Yeah, to finish 2nd or 3rd. Seems to be his way. He has the makings of the best exacta horse since Dynever.

Pell Mell
05-04-2011, 12:49 PM

I know, because he was closing and just needs more ground. I'd like to have a buck for every time that's been said. :ThmbDown:

BombsAway Bob
05-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Im betting this horse heavy. Hopefully im not drinking salad dressing for dinner next week.
i'd pick up a fresh head of Lettuce Friday, just in case...

Smarty Cide
05-04-2011, 01:01 PM
i'd pick up a fresh head of Lettuce Friday, just in case...

good call

Pell Mell
05-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't mean to be brash but it seems to me that there are an awful lot of handicappers that just don't know how to read a race.
IMO the 2 best prep races of all the preps was the race that Premier Pegasus ran against The Factor in the St. Vincent and the race AAA ran against The Factor in the Rebel.
PP came out of his race and blew them away in his next start and would probably be the chalk come Sat. An awful lot of cappers were on to Sway Away because he was closing and needed more distance, or so they thought.
AAA came out of his race against The Factor, a race that I think was much better for The Factor than the St. Vincent race, and takes the AK Derby. I feel the AK Derby was an easier race for AAA than the Rebel which leaves him with a better race to run back to. Also, as I have mentioned in the past, AAA's pedigree is so much like Blame's it's almost a twin. Blame just got better and better the farther he went, and don't forget, he held off Zenyatta. It looks to me that AAA is farther along at this point then Blame was and I also think he's being handled better.
This is just my opinion and it may come back to bite me in the ass but if you have a conviction you shouldn't be afraid to express it. Anybody, like most of the public handicappers, can beat around the bush and play it safe. ;)

Dahoss9698
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
The message board mush struck already. Archarcharch needs to be miles best to win from the rail.

At least I don't have to go try and find my ripped up future ticket in the garbage now.

hogan6
05-04-2011, 06:36 PM
My pick AAA is now a throwout. If not convinced have a gander at LAL's trip last year.

Smarty Cide
05-04-2011, 08:20 PM
well its a shitty post but he dont have the greatest horses next to him. If he could get out of the gate quickly and hope borel dips to the rail he could get out of that tight spot and get a decent trip.

GaryG
05-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Arch and Nehro were both taking advantage of closer friendly conditions at OP.

Smarty Cide
05-04-2011, 10:03 PM
there have been horses that have broken well from the #1 see the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm5ovAtCc4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHFnUm64p_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTkjiEZEPdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqdItLlti6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB9f3zIjHj4

sure lookin at lucky had bad luck last year and got pinched but that doesent means every horse has a horrible trip. most of those other horses in the 1 just werent any good.

Rackon
05-05-2011, 12:46 PM
LAL was more than pretty good, but he had NO luck, got mugged at the start and mauled in the cavalry charge first time past the stands as a result, a bad trip all way around.

Arch3 strikes me as a tougher, maybe slightly bigger, physical speciman than LAL. I don't like the one hole for him as it makes his job tougher than it already is, but a lot depends on how the horses next to him break and how the race unfolds. If he gets a decent jump away from the gate Court can just follow Calvin ;-).

Seriously, if he can avoid losing momentum, and find a decent spot without having to take back (be it inside or wide) he might still get to run a good race. He needs luck, but the AD showed me he can be tough in tight quarters.

keithw84
05-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Post position 1 concerns me, but Archarcharch has had to deal with traffic before. I think he is capable of overcoming the rail... I'm just not as confident as I'd be if he were starting more to the outside.