PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Sunday 10-26

SAL
10-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Santa Anita picks for Sunday:

R1 - #3 Theater RN-Theatrical is great with FTS and first time turf. Frankel got shut out yesterday, so maybe he’ll bring something across today.

R2 - #4 Hoppin John –Made a wide bid on the turn in a race that’s produced a couple of next out winners. Expecting a better trip today.

R3 - #5 Damn the Torpedoes- Not much pace signed up here, so I’m going with the most consistent closer. The ML favorite is vulnerable here, and I will take this horse at 5/2 or better.

R4 - #5 Olmodavor-Mandella the hot trainer right now. This horse fired 1st time out and off layoffs before, so time off is not an issue. Ran against some horses that would be 4/5 in here. If I get 2/1 I’ll consider it a gift.

R5 - #3 Butte City-Been waiting for this one to run again. Had big time trouble in his last, a race that’s produced some next out winners. PVal opts for the ML favorite, but I think he should have stuck with this one.

R6 - #3 Reformer-Love Dynaformer on the turf. Had no chance last time, when he broke slow and tried to close on a fast last half. Blinkers on and a hotter pace to run at makes me expect an improved effort.

R7 - #5 Happy and Hasty-Gets a positive barn upgrade via the claim. Expecting an improved performance today.

R8 – #5 Early Arrival-Not much early pace here, so I like this one to mix it up early. Ran well enough on the turf going longer.

R9 - #5 Holy Bully- Comes out of a race that’s produced a couple of next out winners. Note the 5f work since then.