PDA

View Full Version : Previous Derby Exacta Will-Pays?

Irish Boy
05-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Does anyone have data on the Ky Derby exacta will-pays from the previous couple of years (not just the actual payouts, but the final pool tallies for the exacta combinations)? Even one year's data would be nice but if anyone has the past three or four years that would be even better.

As always, much obliged to your kindness and generosity.

Zippy Chippy
05-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Does anyone have data on the Ky Derby exacta will-pays from the previous couple of years (not just the actual payouts, but the final pool tallies for the exacta combinations)? Even one year's data would be nice but if anyone has the past three or four years that would be even better.

As always, much obliged to your kindness and generosity.

I always say this is the best bet you can make. I've done an all/all exacta the last few years. Last year I took a beating. Think I spent $760 ($2 ex) and got back $150

Stillriledup
05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I always say this is the best bet you can make. I've done an all/all exacta the last few years. Last year I took a beating. Think I spent $760 ($2 ex) and got back $150

This year spend 960 and box the field for 2 and then do a 10 dollar box with the 5 shortest priced horses. This way, if chalk wins, you have the exa for 12 and not 2.

Dahoss9698
05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
This year spend 960 and box the field for 2 and then do a 10 dollar box with the 5 shortest priced horses. This way, if chalk wins, you have the exa for 12 and not 2.

Sweet advice.

Zippy Chippy
05-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Sweet advice.

Ya, although i was thinking of actually cutting down this year. (unless i win the $4000 Derby raffle at my local track)

Dahoss9698
05-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Ya, although i was thinking of actually cutting down this year. (unless i win the $4000 Derby raffle at my local track)

I was being sarcastic.

If you want to play it like it's the lottery, combine it with some handicapping and try and maximize your bet. Instead of boxing the field, pick out 9 or 10 horses who you think can run 1st or second and box them. A 9 horse $5 exacta box would cost you half of what you spent previously.