PDA

View Full Version : CBS feature on Rosie, headed to the Derby

Grits
05-02-2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7364580n&tag=related%3Bphotovideo%3Ftag%3Dfacebook

Russ Mitchell of CBS does a feature on Rosie.

(Hope this hasn't been posted in another thread, if so, I've overlooked it. Delete if necessary.)

Wishing her well!

mannyberrios
05-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I hope that she wins!

BetCrazyGirl
05-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm going to bet on Pants on Fire just because of her! Thats my awesome handicappin skills :cool:

toussaud
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
while not my pick, that's the horse horse racing needs to win.

Jasonm921
05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
She's a pretty girl. You're right, the media will make a star of her if she was to win.

toussaud
05-03-2011, 07:44 PM
"the girl"

maddog42
05-03-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7364580n&tag=related%3Bphotovideo%3Ftag%3Dfacebook

Russ Mitchell of CBS does a feature on Rosie.

(Hope this hasn't been posted in another thread, if so, I've overlooked it. Delete if necessary.)

Wishing her well!
With all the great women jockeys, I can't believe one has never done better than 11th in the Derby. Go getem Rosie!!!

tbwinner
05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Racing NEEDS her to win to get some more attraction to the game. A red-headed attractive little 23-year old woman jockey that won the derby...now that's front page news!

BMustang
05-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Rosie exposed herself during the just concluded Keeneland meet.

She should be glad to get back to Laurel or wherever she racks up all of her wins.

This is not just sour-grapes commentary. She positions a horse well, but will take the path of least resistance when the real running starts. Prefers to go wide and circle than be patient and wait for a hole.

Rosie has become a great bet-against for me, and shw will not be riding first call for those she rode for at Keeneland with trips like that. Ix-Nay On Rosie!

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2011, 02:39 AM

She should be glad to get back to Laurel or wherever she racks up all of her wins.

This is not just sour-grapes commentary. She positions a horse well, but will take the path of least resistance when the real running starts. Prefers to go wide and circle than be patient and wait for a hole.

Rosie has become a great bet-against for me, and shw will not be riding first call for those she rode for at Keeneland with trips like that. Ix-Nay On Rosie!Yeah man, she's all but washed up... :rolleyes:

Tex9Down
05-04-2011, 04:32 AM
BMustang, she just won the meet at Fairgrounds, she's for real.

samyn on the green
05-04-2011, 06:01 AM
It is no wonder why she is getting so much attention. She really is a great jockey regardless of her gender. Rosie exposed herself during the just concluded Keeneland meet.

lamboguy
05-04-2011, 06:24 AM
i saw this girl ride the rail at aqueduct last year with plenty of guts. anything that has to do with synthetic surface is bazzar. i watched her ride in churchill, she looked damm good there so far this week.she ran against wesley ward about 6 times during the keeneland meet, that is about as automatic a loss as there could possibly be. certain trainers know how to win on the synthetic, she just wasn't hooked up with those guys.

Shelby
05-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Rosie has become a great bet-against for me, and shw will not be riding first call for those she rode for at Keeneland with trips like that. Ix-Nay On Rosie!

IMO, it must be a whole different surface to get used to at Keeneland. She was winning a few at the end of the meet. Heck, it's only three weeks long.