PDA

View Full Version : 21st Century Racing

JimG
10-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Everyone here agrees the game has changed alot since the days of following your home track to the exclusion of all others. The proliferation of simulcasting has provided new territory in the last 10 years.

In the last couple of years I have had to do the following to stay ahead of the game. I use computer software to help me get contenders most of the time. I have noticed no matter what I use I have to be careful that my methods are currently working at the track I am betting. I find my methods work for awhile at a track then go cold. Rather than change methods, I change tracks. I have found no one method works at all tracks all the time. Rather, I have observed that a solid contender method works for awhile at a track, then gets cold.

I have had to stay flexible with respect to tracks I bet to stay ahead of the game. That is very different from years ago when I would change methods at my home track in an attempt to stay ahead.

I post this to get feedback on others regarding your experiences with staying ahead of the game. I also post this for people who may not be doing well with their current methods to consider changing tracks rather than changing the method.

Jim

SAL
10-26-2003, 03:20 PM
I have found that there are certain tracks that I cannot pick a winner to save my life. I think with all the choices you have to just pick a track you do well at and stick to it.

Of course I don't use the same method to handicap all races, I kind of go on the fly when I look at races. But I've learned to stay away from the tracks I have no clue about (CRC and TUP to name a couple).

JimG
10-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Sal,

Guess I have found that I do not do well at the same track most of the time. I enjoy betting SoCal circuit but at times I get cold there. When I feel that happening (contenders not close, etc.) I switch tracks, circuits. Kind of re-energizes me. Of course there are many ways to win or lose at the track.

Jim

sq764
10-26-2003, 04:18 PM
In both harness racing and t-bred racing, I feel that internal fractions still give an edge. I think the average bettor does not use these and they can uncover some nice opportunities..

kitts
10-26-2003, 04:33 PM
It makes no sense to me that I am ice cold at certain tracks, but it is so true. I have only cashed one bet at PIM (it was the Preakness that Hanesl won to give you a time frame,) one at CRC and three at GP. I did catch on, though-finally.

BETKING
10-26-2003, 05:07 PM
To me, the internal faraction are the key to consistency. For turf routs I use sustained pace (SP) and best last fraction. For dirt routs I use average pace (AP) and SP and best last fraction. For sprints I use average pace and best early pace (EP).

This method usually keeps me in the black. The only time that I change tracks is when the weather forces me to. I avoid wet tracks like the plague.

BETKING

Larry Hamilton
10-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Kitts, what you have there is a golden opportunity. If you are absolutely certain you are getting whacked at one track and using the same technique at another track you own the place, then I suggest there is some outside influence controlling the outcome--cheating. So, your next step is to figure which races are beating you and which humans at that track are beating you within that race. If you can find a pool of humans who just happen to be winning when you think you have done it right--follow them.

kenwoodallpromos
10-26-2003, 08:04 PM
My speed method gets cold and I know exactly why and when and stop betting certain tracks immediately the first 2 races they get cold. I bet Del Mar for 2 weeks, then stopped betting for the summer (diid not bet DM, Sara, or CRC). 99.9% of handicappers do not believe me, so I have no competiors using my methods! If you believe in gremlins or cheaters, ignore this message! If you believe the tracks are "adjusted", check my previous threads on variant, track speed predictions, and wps system. Cold = deep or anti-rail bias!!