PDA

View Full Version : Ut Ohhh!!! That's An Insult

sonnyp
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
reports are the code word for bin laden was "geronimo".

are the "native american" communities going to be insulted and demand an apology ?

Ocala Mike
05-02-2011, 04:07 PM
It's an apt codeword. Geronimo eluded his stalkers for many years.

Ocala Mike

sonnyp
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
It's an apt codeword. Geronimo eluded his stalkers for many years.

Ocala Mike

naturally, i'm just kidding, but i would hate to see the reactions of some ethnic groups if a name related to their community had been used.

sonnyp
05-04-2011, 06:34 PM
i just knew it. the apaches are pissed and demanding an apology for the "slur" against their chief. no lie.

i'm italian....good g..dam thing they didn't call him guido.

TJDave
05-04-2011, 07:07 PM
i just knew it. the apaches are pissed and demanding an apology for the "slur" against their chief. no lie.

Geronimo was the name the Mexicans gave him. A people he hated most his adult life.

cj's dad
05-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm just glad he wasn't called Stash

Rookies
05-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Very strange. It wasn't his name... (Wiki)

Goyahkla's parents raised him according to Apache traditions; after the death of his father, his mother took him to live with the Chihenne (red paint people) and he grew up with them. He married a woman (Alope) from the Nedni-Chiricahua band of Apache On March 6, 1858, a company of 400 Mexican soldiers from Sonora (/wiki/Sonora) led by Colonel José María Carrasco attacked Goyahkla's camp outside Janos while the men were in town trading. Among those killed were Goyahkla's wife, his children, and his mother. His chief, Mangas Coloradas (/wiki/Mangas_Coloradas), sent him to Cochise (/wiki/Cochise)'s band for help in revenge against the Mexicans. Allegedly it was during this incident that the name Geronimo came about. This appellation stemmed from a battle in which, ignoring a deadly hail of bullets, he repeatedly attacked Mexican soldiers with a knife, causing them to utter appeals to Saint Jerome (/wiki/Jerome) ("Jeronimo!"). Americans heard this and thought his name was Geronimo, and the name stuck.[3] (#cite_note-natgeo-2)

So, it was a good battle one...:confused:

sonnyp
05-04-2011, 08:08 PM
im sure the story is accurate, but apparently, modern apaches feel "geronimo" refers to their man. they're calling for an apology.