PDA

View Full Version : Law & Order - Criminal Intent

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Last night was the much anticipated (by some, including me) debut of the show. I thought it was not up to its' standard fare. I still like L&O/ SVU much better.

Robert Goren
05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Last night was the much anticipated (by some, including me) debut of the show. I thought it was not up to its' standard fare. I still like L&O/ SVU much better. You are right. It was not very well written. I told a friend in CA last night not to even bother watching. It amazing how much the show has slipped in the last few years. If you were watch a show from the first couple years(skinny Goren), then watch last night you would see world of difference. The one thing got me was there no explaining how Goren was brought back last night. I wonder they are not running then out of sequence to capitalize on the "Charlie Sheen" type character while kettle is hot.

Grits
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Last night was the much anticipated (by some, including me) debut of the show. I thought it was not up to its' standard fare. I still like L&O/ SVU much better.

I've liked both, over the years. But, I like SVU better, as well, Cjd.

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Beautiful women on SVU - Hey Grits, maybe you should apply !!

PhantomOnTour
05-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I am all Lawed & Ordered out man. Too many SVU's and Criminal Intents...
What's next, Law & Order: Cyber Crimes Division?

Gimme Noth, Dzundza, Sorvino and the old crew any day....

Grits
05-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Beautiful women on SVU - Hey Grits, maybe you should apply !!

No, no, no. First, I don't want to play Mariska Hargetay's MOM, an elderly aunt, or a down and out homeless woman on the streets.:lol: Too, unless they start filming at Belmont or Saratoga, I ain't interested. SVU's outside shots are done in Manhattan, it appears. But who knows!

A couple of weeks ago, I did see an episode of the Mentalist with shots that appeared to be filmed at, maybe, Santa Anita. Good episode, too, whole thing was about a horserace and a murder.:ThmbUp:

JBmadera
05-02-2011, 02:14 PM
The old CI's were some of the best crime dramas since Colombo!

cj's dad
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM
The real reason I watch L & O/ SVU

images/attach/jpg.gif alana de la garza.jpg (attachment.php?attachmentid=7462&stc=1)

GameTheory
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
No, no, no. First, I don't want to play Mariska Hargetay's MOMHer mom was Jayne Mansfield -- not many could pull that off.

Grits
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Her mom was Jayne Mansfield -- not many could pull that off.

We know GT. And recall, too, the horrific automobile accident that took her life. I was about 16 at the time.

Granted her mom wasn't known for her legendary acting as much as her legendary bust size. Playing her (real life) mom wasn't implied.

DJofSD
05-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Best TV show at the moment: Justified. And that's only until Rubicon starts its next season.

Robert Goren
05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Best TV show at the moment: Justified. And that's only until Rubicon starts its next season.I hate to break this to you but Rubicon won't have a new season.

DJofSD
05-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Damn.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Her mom was Jayne Mansfield -- not many could pull that off.

I bet a few guys pulled something off. :rolleyes:

Sorry, GT, I couldn't resist!

bigmack
05-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Best TV show at the moment: Justified.
Mucho thanko. I don't spend much time with the boob tube but on your recommendation I just checked out the 1st episode. Great show. :ThmbUp:

Shoulda figured, with T. Olyphant.

Look forward to seeing all episodes to date.

Rookies
05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I hate to break this to you but Rubicon won't have a new season.

I thought Rubicon a bit too quirky and slow moving. Nor did I really find 'Walking Dead' too entertaining after the first 50 heads were blown off the zombies...:rolleyes:

BUT, CJ'sD and I agree that the show that was a perfect reflection of Baltimore and another HBO special- 'The Wire', was one of the all time best!

If you've missed it- get it...:ThmbUp:

DJofSD
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
You say Baltimore, I think Homicide: Life on the Street.

A little insight about the distaff side of Justified: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-justified-women-20110420,0,3675898.story

Rubicon might have been plodding to some but I found the pace just right for the wheel within a wheel aspect of both the plot and character development. I'm guessing it was not renewed because it was hitting too close to home for some one.

P.S. Mack: how could not not like Justified with what happens in the first 5 minutes in the pilot episode.

GameTheory
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I thought Rubicon was incredibly good, but I knew it would never be picked up because nothing happened for like 4 or 5 episodes. They need to learn that ALL new shows have to have a slam-bang hook opener -- after that, you can take all the time you want. (Notice that new shows on Showtime & HBO have plenty of nudity in the first couple episodes even if after that it appears only rarely.) Breaking Bad is starting up again soon -- that may be the current best show on TV. My other favorites are Justified and Mad Men.

Robert Goren
05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
The Breakout Kings is pretty good too.

bigmack
05-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Breaking Bad is starting up again soon -- that may be the current best show on TV.
Holy Macaroon (which is a small coconut cookie) I haven't heard of that but it looks topnotch. Thank you. :ThmbUp:

Golf and Horses
05-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Breaking Bad Tremendous show...highly recommended!!!

GameTheory
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Holy Macaroon (which is a small coconut cookie) I haven't heard of that but it looks topnotch. Thank you. :ThmbUp:Really? About to start the fourth season. (If you start watching, you'll notice the first season was a bit short -- the writer's strike was that year.)

Rookies
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Breaking Bad Tremendous show...highly recommended!!!

That one is quirky and interesting with oddball characters, including the old Malcolm in the Middle dad as star.:ThmbUp:

bigmack
05-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Really? About to start the fourth season. (If you start watching, you'll notice the first season was a bit short -- the writer's strike was that year.)
I've already snagged all of S1-3 through one of them pirate sites.

No point in watching new release films these days. They all bite the big wazoo.

This show looks great. :ThmbUp:

Golf and Horses
05-04-2011, 12:27 AM
That one is quirky and interesting with oddball characters, including the old Malcolm in the Middle dad as star.:ThmbUp:
Bryan Cranston is terrific

cj's dad
06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I thought last nights episode was quite good. Only two more to go until it ends.

Also, I saw a recent L & O SVU in which Martin Short played a rapist (virgins only) and I thought he did an incredible job. Funny how easy it is to typecast someone.

Robert Goren
06-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I thought last nights episode was quite good. Only two more to go until it ends.

Also, I saw a recent L & O SVU in which Martin Short played a rapist (virgins only) and I thought he did an incredible job. Funny how easy it is to typecast someone.The show has been much improved this year over the couple of seasons. Needless to say, I hate to see it end.

Tom
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
So what will you do after your retire, Bobby?

Robert Goren
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
So what will you do after your retire, Bobby?Heckle conservative republicans and NJ horsemen full time.:D