PDA

View Full Version : BIN LADEN DEAD

lamboguy
05-01-2011, 10:44 PM
after 10 years of terror, the ring leader is gone but not forgoten. if someone killed him, god bless him.

MONEY
05-01-2011, 10:47 PM
after 10 years of terror, the ring leader is gone but not forgoten. if someone killed him, god bless him.
President Barack Obama wins 2012 presidential election.

lamboguy
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
they just confirmed he was killed a week ago by a united states bombing attack.

congradulations, this is a great day for our country

lamboguy
05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
it was general petreous that was responsible for getting this dirty rat. i guess you have to give our president some credit for staying the course on this matter.

before he was elected he claimed he was going to be out of afganistan by now and he kept us in that hell hole

TJDave
05-01-2011, 10:58 PM
If true, pay close attention to who mourns.

There will be a test, later. ;)

lsbets
05-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Cut the political bullshit for 10 minutes. It's a great day and kudos to all involved from the privates on the ground all the way up to the commander in chief.

chickenhead
05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I figured he died a long time ago....glad they got him, will be interesting to hear the back story on it.

Relwob Owner
05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Cut the political bullshit for 10 minutes. It's a great day and kudos to all involved from the privates on the ground all the way up to the commander in chief.

Spot on

jdhanover
05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Agree - easy to forget the job our military does every day so that we can be safe here. Congrats to the entire chain of command on this one!

DRIVEWAY
05-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Great news.

Let's hope that his death doesn't trigger sleeper cells.

The CIA and other governments intelligence authorities will need to be on high alert.

nijinski
05-01-2011, 11:08 PM
A truly great accomplishment !!! This is news worth celebrating and I think I will and while I do that I"ll congratulate those who got the job done!

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I figured he died a long time ago....glad they got him, will be interesting to hear the back story on it.I just figured he died a long time ago, either from natural causes, or we got to him and didn't want to publicize it for fear of making a martyr out of him...

Either way, the world is a better place for it...I too am interested to hear all that went into making this happen...

lamboguy
05-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I figured he died a long time ago....glad they got him, will be interesting to hear the back story on it.
they claim to have his body, so i guess they can do an autopsy and figure out how long ago he died. they have already done a DNA test to confirm that the body was his.

its still a great day for all of us, but he was only the leader, there are still plenty of follower's alive. but this might give us some momentum to go out and hunt them down and smoke them out of their hole's

Robert Goren
05-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of Al Qaeda.

slew101
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Great post. Amazing work by the military.

Agree - easy to forget the job our military does every day so that we can be safe here. Congrats to the entire chain of command on this one!

Grits
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM

You are so correct, Isbets!!!

Tom
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Thank God for our military.
Now, pray for our troops everywhere when the mindless dogs that followed this garbage try to avenge him.

Many souls will rest in peace tonight.

Truly, a glorious day - the world is a better place without this scum.
I certainly hope he suffered immensely before he died.

lsbets
05-01-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm celebrating. Free margaritas at dinner Tuesday and Wednesday nights to toast our servicemen.

bigmack
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
they just confirmed he was killed a week ago by a united states bombing attack.
I don't know where you heard that. It sounds more like Special Op's took him out, being they have the body.

MartyZee
05-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Proud to be an American and now the asshole is gone-let's get the rest of those bastards-great job by our military

dartman51
05-01-2011, 11:38 PM

I hope you're right. I'm very curious of how and where they got him as he's been living in Iran for a number of years. I guess he goofed and stuck his head out of his rat hole. Kudos to everyone involved. :ThmbUp:

Tom
05-01-2011, 11:40 PM
It's been 10 years, now it is OUR turn to dance in the streets.

andymays
05-01-2011, 11:51 PM
It was a ground operation inside of Pakistan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

Excerpt:

A small team of Americans carried out the attack and took custody of bin Laden's remains, the president said in a dramatic late-night statement at the White House.

mostpost
05-01-2011, 11:52 PM
It's been 10 years, now it is OUR turn to dance in the streets.
Crowds gathering outside the White House, probably many other places.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

eastie
05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
my big flag is hanging....first time since after 9/11. Everyone had a flag out then. It was good to see the country pull together. Even Bush threw the first pitch right down Broadway when baseball started again.

andymays
05-01-2011, 11:56 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed/story?id=13505703

Excerpt:

Bin Laden was located at a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, which was monitored and when the time was determined to be right, the president said, he authorized a "targeted operation."

"A small team of Americans carried out the operation," Obama said. "After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."

DNA testing confirmed that it was bin Laden, sources told ABC News.

Sources said the attack was carried out by Joint Special Operations Command forces working with the CIA.

bigmack
05-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Navy Seal Training Center is up the road and I heard they're out celebrating in the street.

pandy
05-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Congratulations to our armed forces, and U.S. Intelligence operations. Great moment for the country, and President Obama.

cj
05-02-2011, 12:00 AM
A tip of the old flight cap to the military this evening.

andymays
05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Interesting details emerging about the location.

Jennifer Griffin is reporting on Fox that it's an important town in Pakistan. He was not hiding in a remote area. The details as to why they chose to give him up will be interesting.

newtothegame
05-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Yes...a great day for our military who stood strong in the face of adveristy and got their man.
Tonight I salute and give thanks to EVERY service man and woman who is abroad and here at home to make sure we are safe......................
:ThmbUp:

Rookies
05-02-2011, 12:03 AM

INDEED!

There are so many tryants and despots in the world that need the resolve of the forces of good to take them down.

Bin Laden was a special case, a terrorist hell bent on killing all he could think of through endless murder and mayhem.

Congrats to all and a lesson to the assholes that wish to follow in his footsteps- you will be taken out too!

Let's Roll
05-02-2011, 12:05 AM
My sincere thanks go out to the men and women who faught and gave their lives bringing this evil man to justice.

horses4courses
05-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Great news for the U.S., and the entire world.

Now, at least, those who lost their lives so horribly ten years ago this Sept. 11th, can be remembered without this monster still alive to tarnish their memory.

Hanover1
05-02-2011, 12:07 AM
There was mention on ABC that a SEAL team carried out the raid, and he was taken out with at least 1 head shot, and no American injuries were reported. Sadly, Obama will get much more credit for this than he deserves, with the exception that he "authorized" the request to carry out the op, something ANY president would green light, unless we want to revisit the Clinton issue...(please lets not...).

FantasticDan
05-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Sadly, Obama will get much more credit for this than he deserves,I guess the 10 minutes were up :ThmbDown:

Job well done by the special forces and intelligence, and by all the fantastic servicemen and women and their families who sacrifice so much each and every day. And may this help the healing and hearts of all the people that lost loved ones on 9/11.

redshift1
05-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I guess the 10 minutes were up :ThmbDown:

Job well done by the special forces and intelligence, and by all the fantastic servicemen and women and their families who sacrifice so much each and every day. And may this help the healing and hearts of all the people that lost loved ones on 9/11.

A great speech by the President like him or dislike him.

pandy
05-02-2011, 12:22 AM
A great speech by the President like him or dislike him.

I agree. As for giving him credit, all Presidents get blamed when bad things happen, so it's only fair to give them credit when good things happen.

chickenhead
05-02-2011, 12:29 AM
here is the city on Google Maps...golf course, hockey rink...not a tiny place. I doubt he was in a downtown loft, I'm guessing that must have been the nearest large city.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=safari&q=abbottabad+pakistan&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Abbott%C4%81bad,+Abbottabad,+Khyber+Pakhtunk hwa,+Pakistan&gl=us&ll=34.145446,73.221688&spn=0.033528,0.065875&z=15

Rookies
05-02-2011, 12:30 AM
In recent years, one hears about either very poor Intel or idgit squabbling among those agencies to interpret correctly, share appropriately and act quickly. In this case, according to CNN, the anomalies of the location stood out:

1) A very high fenced compound;
2) A place of significant value;
3) No Net/ Cable connection;
4) No trash pickup;
5) Odd go betweens going into the house.

Great work by all those involved- finally, and it was tracked by the President and staff over 5 different times in the past SIX WEEKS!

Striker
05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Great news.

Let's hope that his death doesn't trigger sleeper cells.

The CIA and other governments intelligence authorities will need to be on high alert.
My SO works as a civilian employee for the Naval Base up here in northern Illinois where all naval recruits start their training. She has already been informed that all gates to enter the Naval Base will be closed starting Monday and there will be only a designated spot for hundreds of employees to park. Most Seals start their training up here in the Buds prep course, which is Pre-Seal physical training.

jdhanover
05-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Sadly, Obama will get much more credit for this than he deserves,

This is an appalling statement.

OntheRail
05-02-2011, 12:47 AM
No don't spoil a good thread about the death of a shit head with that kind of crap.

A pat on the back of those that tracked this POS down and put a few in his ass
and drug it into the chopper. Now they need to pack it in a glass case filled with pigs blood and place it at ground zero as an example to all shit heads that would do us harm.

plainolebill
05-02-2011, 12:48 AM

I agree.

Seals got him and the US notified Pakistan after the op was over. Up close and personal, I like it. Chalk one up for the good guys.

Hanover1
05-02-2011, 12:53 AM

How so? His qualifications do not strike me as heroic, nor does he have a military presence about himself. Did he ever serve? Kudos to the JSOC on this one, period, yet many will want to re-elect him as a war hero now, and that IS appalling......

ElKabong
05-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Listening to Charley Jones' show right now, this was 3-4 years in the making. Very interesting details.

Our people on the ground knew this mansion / compound had to house someone of Obama's stature. Specially built and constructed....Patience, planning and execution by our troops must have been awesome.

Very interesting details.

Pakistan has some 'splainin to do, imo. At the very least we need to cut $$ aid. But that's for another day......Right now it's nice to know OBL is history even if there are thousands ready and willing to take his leadership spot.

JustRalph
05-02-2011, 01:20 AM

Amen! I work with an Army Ranger who just came home from Afghanistan a few months ago. He is on temporary assignment back in the States and in the inactive reserve for a while, as he finishes his military paid education.

We was visibly affected by the news.

Kudos to those involved. I don't drink much. But I am having one tonight.

jdhanover
05-02-2011, 01:25 AM
All I am saying is this - Today is a great day for the USA. Shows the world our resolve and that we never will forget. Credit goes to many, many people, and yes, the President too. It did takes guts to say "go" without the permission of the Pakastanis.
Think what you would be saying if this mission had failed (a la the failed mission to get the Iran hostages out under Carter). Bet you wouldn't say he doesn't deserve the blame in that case.
Anyway, enough of this - we should all be proud to be Americans today.

riskman
05-02-2011, 02:03 AM
No doubt this risky operation was planned by special ops for awhile now. All involved did a tremendous job and finally we have some measure of justice to the victims and families of 911, the firefighters, police, EMT, and all the volunteers who willingly sacrificed their time and sometimes their lives after the tragedy on that fateful day.
Thank you all the men and women in the military who served in AFGHAN. There is such a spontaneous out break of emotion at Ground Zero tonight with the news OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD. Ooh-rah

NJ Stinks
05-02-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm relieved it was our military forces that hunted him down. I was beginning to think Bin Laden was going to be reported dead by Al-Qaida after all these years and his supposed poor health. And we would never know for sure if it was true.

Hopefully, now it's finally deemed the right time to get out of Afghanistan.

hcap
05-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Cut the political bullshit for 10 minutes. It's a great day and kudos to all involved from the privates on the ground all the way up to the commander in chief.I agree 100%

Great news. Considering the popular upheaval in the ME, there is a chance extremists will lose influence. And maybe the end of Al Qaeda.

Hoofhearted
05-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Great news. The world will be a better place without this individual.

I cannot believe that Pakistani authorities were not aware that the most wanted man on earth was living within Pakistani jurisdiction ................. in a large walled mansion only 40 miles from the capital city of Islamabad.
Questions need to be asked about Pakistan's complicitness with terrorism. At best, the billions of dollars of aid that the country receives needs to be reviewed. Pakistan must be told that it's ambivalent attitude to international terrorism is not acceptable.

Spiderman
05-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Awoke to the great news. Will eagerly follow the news of all angles from all sources.

098poi
05-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Good news!!!!:ThmbUp:

canleakid
05-02-2011, 07:04 AM
The best MAY DAY ever!!!!!!!!!! May 1 2011 the SOB is dead :jump:
RIP the 2,977 victims !!!!!!!!

WE got the SOB :cool: :) :ThmbUp:

Tom
05-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I commend Obama for having the guts to green light this mission, as it could have gone very wrong. I commend the entire military for keeping this on the QT for so long and not tipping our hand.

I was happy to hear the he called both Bush and Clinton personally and broke the news to them. That was the right thing to do.

Mineshaft
05-02-2011, 08:04 AM

easy Money that aint gonna happen

Mike at A+
05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Great job guys!

Mike at A+
05-02-2011, 08:25 AM
By the way, watch the market. The "feel good" rally begins today.

jognlope
05-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Tears, relief, congrats to the Navy seal team and all involved. CONGRATULATIONS, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

jognlope
05-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Soon after 911 happened, there was a memorial, family members and others stood in a large circle, prayers, heads down. At precisely 8:45 that morning, there was a sudden brisk breeze that came among the circle and some said it was the spirits of their loved ones who were killed.

Ocala Mike
05-02-2011, 08:31 AM
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Canarsie
05-02-2011, 08:32 AM
I commend Obama for having the guts to green light this mission, as it could have gone very wrong. I commend the entire military for keeping this on the QT for so long and not tipping our hand.

I was happy to hear the he called both Bush and Clinton personally and broke the news to them. That was the right thing to do.

Spot on especially keeping it quiet very hard to do in today's world..

The only thing I might have done different is invite Bush to the White House so he could be there during the operation. Maybe he did we'll never know.

A big thank you to both presidents for spending many sleepless nights over this piece of scum.

Today is not a day to discuss politics on this. I hope it gives a little bit of closure to all the families and friends who lost loved ones.

mountainman
05-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Awesome day for america. I was too emotional to even talk. Rot in hell evil, cowardly, dead bastard.

Sugar Ron
05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Well done, Mr. President :cool:

Canarsie
05-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Even though this is a Christmas video about Osama you guys might get a kick out of this it's pretty close. Put this up a few years ago hardly anyone ever clicked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWtC6NFns_4

jognlope
05-02-2011, 08:47 AM
I can't express the gratitude I have toward these men and all involved, their courage, skills, heart. No words.

BIG RED
05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Now I lay me down to sleep,
one less terrorist this world does keep.
With all my heart I give my thanks,
to those in uniform regardless of ranks.
You serve our country and serve it well,
with humble hearts your stories tell.
So as I rest my weary eyes,
while freedom rings our flag still flies.
You give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust.

I am not one for celebrating a persons death, but I will be hoisting several tonight for this evil being taken out. Let's see what this does globally.

rastajenk
05-02-2011, 09:08 AM
I just figured he died a long time ago, either from natural causes, or we got to him and didn't want to publicize it for fear of making a martyr out of him...

Either way, the world is a better place for it...I too am interested to hear all that went into making this happen...Ditto this, and chickenhead's admission. I don't mind being proved wrong about that in this way. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
05-02-2011, 09:21 AM
The one night I shut the computer off and go to bed early. It took far too long but glad this guy finally got it, although I will be looking for a release of the long-form death certificate.

Hank
05-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm stunned at this uniform acceptance of the governments version of this event.Remember the Jessica Lynch fairytale and the Pat Tillman fable etc.What actually happened? Hell if I know.But what I do know is that the version that reaches us is usually bullshit.

rastajenk
05-02-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm holding skeptical cards, but I'm holding them tightly. No point in trying to piss on anyone's sense of relief or score worthless political points right now.

teddy
05-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I hope they show scenes of celebrations in the USA, on the Afgan tv. Like they showed when they hit the Twin Towers, of the people dancing in the streets there.

BlueShoe
05-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Regrettably, this may not be the case. The death of Bin Laden, in a practical sense, is more symbolic retribution than an indication of the decline of terrorism. The actual day to day operations and field leadership of Al Qaeda passed from Bin Laden to local commanders years ago. There is heightened security all over the Western world. Expect increased terrorist activity in the near future as the extremists act to avenge Bin Laden.

RaceBookJoe
05-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I hope they show scenes of celebrations in the USA, on the Afgan tv. Like they showed when they hit the Twin Towers, of the people dancing in the streets there.

I'm the opposite. From the moment i heard the news, yes i was happy, but i was hoping that WE wouldnt react like THEM. Having said that...I am very proud of our military and the resolve of both Obama and Bush in their nonstop pursuit of this murderer. rbj

slew101
05-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Absolutely astonishing, reading the reports of this raid, that no US forces were injured, even with a copter going down.

Those thugs hid behind women and likely had only one goal. Take out as many US people as they could before going down. The fact they got none, is incredible.

Those Navy SEALs should get a parade down Broadway.

jdhanover
05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Word is it was a Pakastani helicopter...guessing unrelated to the mission.

I would doubt we are being fed too much BS about how this happened - this is way too high profile for that

Terrorists will unfortunately always remain, but the organization will likely be less organized for a while. Best thing would be that they fight each other for power internally ... for a very long time

Hanover1
05-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Regardless of what did/did not happen, ect, I found the speech by Obama to be one of the most well written speeches ever delivered in recent years. Not the smoothest delivery, but the gravity of the situation would probably have anyone less than perfect.
I have relatives over there, and 1 is involved target tracking in particular. Persistence was rewarded to everyone over there, and moral gets much needed shot in the arm. Interesting to see what shift, if any, the objective gets.....

FantasticDan
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lBDfA.gif

:D

andymays
05-02-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Excerpt from front page of Drudge Report:

SHOT IN HEAD; BIN LADEN IS DEAD.....
**SEALS HELD TWO REHEARSALS; OBAMA WATCHED RAID IN SITUATION ROOM...
Mission was to kill, not capture...
Crowds gather at White House, Ground Zero to celebrate...
Obama: U.S. Carried Out Operation 'At My Direction'...
W: 'No Matter How Long It Takes, Justice Will Be Done'...
Killing brings anger, relief in Arab world...
Heat on Pakistan...
Hamas condemns killing of 'holy warrior'...

BURIED AT SEA:
WH DEBATES RELEASING PHOTO OF CORPSE

jdhanover
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Great video - Fantastic Dan...you just know he wishes he could do that!

CryingForTheHorses
05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
God Bless AmericaWhat a great day for America and all the countries that have been tracking this scum bag for years.What a feather in his cap for President Obama and his team of advisers.Great job by America's special forces and to all who have served in this operation.When they got Sadam that was a big day,How do you top this. Glad the victims of 911 are getting some closure.

sonnyp
05-02-2011, 12:11 PM
interesting phenomena. i'm old. i try now to see the big picture.

2 towers crumble, 1,000's die and are maimed. people, average people around the world dance in the streets. why?

sadaam hussein is hung, a sense of revenge, justice. people here, average people, feel good. why ?

turmoil all over the arab and muslim world. people, average people, dance in the streets. why ?

osama bin laden killed. people, average people, dance in the streets. why ?

all of these events accur in the name of governments,groups, and gods. take your pick...allah,christ, the u.s., al quieda and the people, average people dance in the streets. why?

whose pulling the strings....why ?

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 12:34 PM
I think it's because for whatever the event, the "average people" think that "their side" has won.

Am I glad he's dead, of course. Will his death change much; probably not.

Countries and its' citizens will go on taking sides in whatever way is perceived to be the most beneficial to each.

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Great video - Fantastic Dan...you just know he wishes he could do that!

There could be more than one meaning in the video and your perception of its' intent.

Casino
05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Job well done!

My question-Did Pakistan know that scumbag was hiding in there backyard?

Spiderman
05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
There could be more than one meaning in the video and your perception of its' intent.

From the video, I get that Obama is got tough and kicked-ass. A John Wayne moment, if you will.

What other take could there be?

rastajenk
05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
That it happened about 18 months too soon. :eek:

FantasticDan
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Job well done! My question-Did Pakistan know that scumbag was hiding in there backyard?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/02/us-binladen-silence-idUSTRE7414GF20110502

andymays
05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
CIA interrogators at secret prisons developed first strands that led to bin Laden

http://www.startribune.com/nation/121089124.html

Excerpt:

WASHINGTON - Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden's most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed's successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

The news is sure to reignite debate over whether the now-closed interrogation and detention program was successful. Former president George W. Bush authorized the CIA to use the harshest interrogation tactics in U.S. history. President Barack Obama closed the prison system.

Beachbabe
05-02-2011, 01:36 PM
A thousand cheers for Seal Team Six; their rigorous training; their profound bravery.

And here's to the CIA and their intensive interrogation techniques. :ThmbUp:

Jobs exceptionally well-done !!!

Grits
05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
The Times Front page. With photos.

http://www.nytimes.com/?src=hp1-0-H

Steve 'StatMan'
05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Took many years to find him and kill him. Now his bastard followers can go follow him as well - to death, and the bottom of the sea.

So, Osama, are your "72 virgins" burning in hell with you?

I don't like to be glad when people die but I am glad to make an exception in this case. Not "Whoopie" like, just a content smile & feeling inside.

The rest of you summaried so much of what I thought since I heard on the radio last night. Thanks Presidents Bush & Obama for starting and continuing the very concerted efforts, against terrorist and OBL.

OBL is Obsolete!

bigmack
05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Buried at sea. Putz is swimmin' with the fishes. Oh, & sharks. :eek:

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
The Most Wanted Face of Terrorism (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/02osama-bin-laden-obituary.html?hp)

By KATE ZERNIKE and MICHAEL T. KAUFMAN

(http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/02osama-bin-laden-obituary.html?hp)

With the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Osama bin Laden was elevated to the realm of evil in the American imagination once reserved for dictators like Hitler and Stalin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/asia/osama-bin-laden-is-killed.html?hp

What the hll does this mean ? What imagination ? He was elevated to the position he so rightly deserved; in our real everyday thoughts, nothing imagined here.

Go figure; a NY "slimes" article.

Canarsie
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
If he died on April 30 (it's kind of vague exactly when) both Hitler and OBL met the same fate on the same day. If not the day after it will be a date I never forget.

I heard this from a sports talk station today.

No matter what team you root for everyone's a fan of the USA.

These young men and woman can't be thanked enough. They risk their lives every day to defend this great country.

Ocala Mike
05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Kudos to Bush, Obama, JSOC troops, and the USA!

Maybe my buddy, Jerry, who perished at the WTC on 9/11, can rest in peace now.

http://inmemoriamonline.net/Profiles/Folders/A_Folder/Ahern_Jeremiah.html

Ocala Mike

carlonr
05-02-2011, 03:46 PM
In October 2008's "town hall" debate between President Obama and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in Nashville, Tenn., candidate Obama promised: "We will kill bin Laden"

Ocala Mike
05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
The link in my post above has been taken down; try this one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/17/national/portraits/POG-17AHERN.html

Ocala Mike

bigmack
05-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Score another victory for waterboarding. That's how we received the intell.

Meanwhile, back in LaLaLand @ the Washington Post....

Washington Post Writer 'Cringes' at Sight of 'Vulgar' Americans Celebrating Bin Laden's Death

Mike at A+
05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Gotta love Glenn Beck. He was commenting on how we gave OBL a "proper Muslim burial" by bathing him, wrapping him in a white cloth and sliding him into the sea.

He said: I would have wrapped him in bacon, sewn him up in a football and buried him under the 50 yard line at the Meadowlands. Then he'd have to spend an eternity in New Jersey hearing "touchdown Giants"!

cj
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Washington Post Writer 'Cringes' at Sight of 'Vulgar' Americans Celebrating Bin Laden's Death

Vulgar is far from the right word, but I found some of the celebrations a little weird.

Jasonm921
05-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I tried to make it out for the night time celebrations but that failed so I went out today and shot some photos. went pretty well. it was a great day for the country. as I was typing this they showed the situation room photo from yesterday as they watched the mission live. The Presidents face screams nervous intensity, not like we have seen from him in the past two years. Hillary has her hand over mouth and shows worry. Biden is just there and Gates looks like a man who is leaving in a few weeks. Interesting photo.

My photos from today. Www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer

BlueShoe
05-02-2011, 06:19 PM
If he died on April 30 (it's kind of vague exactly when) both Hitler and OBL met the same fate on the same day. If not the day after it will be a date I never forget.
For some of us April 30 brings back a very painful memory. On that day in 1975 Communist forces entered Saigon and the Republic of South Vietnam ceased to exist. :( :mad:

mostpost
05-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by MONEY

easy Money that aint gonna happen

This will give Obama a big boost in the polls-maybe as much as thirty points-but the 2012 election will be decided on the situation at the time of that election. The economy will once again be the key.

mostpost
05-02-2011, 06:34 PM
That it happened about 18 months too soon. :eek:
Which means it was not done for domestic political reasons, although I am sure the administration won't hide from any political benefits.

canleakid
05-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Absolutely astonishing, reading the reports of this raid, that no US forces were injured, even with a copter going down.

Those thugs hid behind women and likely had only one goal. Take out as many US people as they could before going down. The fact they got none, is incredible.

Those Navy SEALs should get a parade down Broadway.

The SOB's pu$$ied out!!!!!! why in their hell, did they not blow themsevles up :confused: :confused: since that is their mo :confused: :confused:

Burls
05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
The details are scanty, but I heard that they waited for a night when there was almost no moonlight, so they were flying in almost total darkness. Then two helicopters flew in from Afghanistan at low altitude. This would be instrument flying at its finest for about 100 miles. Then they landed inside the compound with night goggles on and stormed the main building. So they KNEW they had woken up the people inside. They considered taking Bin Laden alive beforehand, but he was using one of his wives as a shield and firing at them. So they shot him in the head. ... then ...?

canleakid
05-02-2011, 07:09 PM
TAP TAP
"Who be thattttt?"
Your one way ticket to Allahville :lol: :lol:

Those TAP TAP's courtesy of the Good Old USA :cool:

bigmack
05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
This will give Obama a big boost in the polls-maybe as much as thirty points
Thirty? Wow! :eek:

lamboguy
05-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Thirty? Wow! :eek:i think you asked me last night about the bombing. i was just following a twitter feed and got all that stuff there. i was so excited about what happened i just posted it as fast as i saw it because i love this board. and i wasn't trying to be political about this, i am just plain happy. i knew someone that got killed in the world trade center and i have been sick about losing a good friend for a long time now. this doesn't bing my friend back, but at least it takes a little of the sting out of it. i would love to know who shot him, i would give him a $500 christmas present if i could find out.

bigmack
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
ii would love to know who shot him, i would give him a $500 christmas present if i could find out.

From the Seals I've spoken with, I don't know that his identity will be revealed.

Shot twice in the melon.

newtothegame
05-02-2011, 07:53 PM

From the Seals I've spoken with, I don't know that his identity will be revealed.

Shot twice in the melon.
Identity will never be revealed officially. for that matter, I am not real sure team six has ever been acknowledged as existing. :) Guess some things are better left unsaid !!!

Zydeco
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
In 3 years, a horse named Seal Team Six, goes to the post in the Kentucky Derby at 1/9. I am playing that horse!!! Thank you to all our men and women in uniform for the fine job they do everyday!!

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 08:08 PM
As some of you here may know, my son gave 23 years of his life in the military. Along the way, I met many of his friends and can honestly say that they are some of the best people you will ever meet.

God bless the folks in the militrty who risked their lives to bring this POS to justice. FUOBL !

And, God Bless You son for making me a proud parent and for giving a large part of your life for those of who could not !!

Zydeco
05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Thank you CJ for your service to our country.

sonnyp
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
peter king who chaired the hearing on islamic activity, just said on O'reilly that the key info on the currier that led to bin laden came from waterboard questioning of key prisoners.

interesting

Greyfox
05-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I think that it's an absolutely wonderful job that intelligence and the Navy Seals did in carrying out this operation.
Yes. Obama gave it the go-ahead but the glory should go more to the boots on the ground here than anyone. Fantastic.
They don't get paid enough for sure for that kind of work.

In the meanwhile if I was the Seal who pulled the trigger, I'd sure be tempted to quit the services and write a book "I Killed bin Laden." ( If he didn't want his name known he could write it under a pen name.)
That would be a best seller over night and he'd be financially secure for the rest of his days. Movie rights etc.

Burls
05-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I hope this link works.
It shows the compound and a video of the room where Bin Laden was shot.
Maybe one of you can post it the right way.
I've just never got all this fancy html stuff.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-abbottabad-mansion_n_856206.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2011, 10:18 PM
By the way, watch the market. The "feel good" rally begins today.The market always has a way of making fools of us all....kind of like playing the horses at times... :lol:

Tom
05-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Did you hear about the next door neighbor who was tweeting during the whole thing? Complaining about the noise of the helicopters!:D

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979283973

carlonr
05-02-2011, 11:38 PM
During his campaign, candidate Obama was heavily criticized for the comment below:

Aug. 2007. In an Aug. 1 speech, Obama delivered these words: “If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and [Pakistan] President Musharraf will not act, we will.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
He also told you to buy stocks back in March 2009. The man can do no wrong apparently.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aBndLi5PmOvc

I thought we were supposed to keep political squabbles out of this thread. Oh well, I guess the honeymoon is over...everybody into the pool! Carlonr is BACK BABY!!

I hope you venture into some of those old Zenyatta threads...you know, the ones right before the 2010 BC Classic...

carlonr
05-02-2011, 11:53 PM
He also told you to buy stocks back in March 2009. The man can do no wrong apparently.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aBndLi5PmOvc

I thought we were supposed to keep political squabbles out of this thread. Oh well, I guess the honeymoon is over...everybody into the pool! Carlonr is BACK BABY!!

I hope you venture into some of those old Zenyatta threads...you know, the ones right before the 2010 BC Classic...

She ran a lot closer to my prediction than she did to the predictions of the naysayers.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
She ran a lot closer to my prediction than she did to the predictions of the naysayers.Actually, most of the naysayers predicted she would run well. But enough of her in this thread...

carlonr
05-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Actually, most of the naysayers predicted she would run well. But enough of her in this thread...

I think she did a little more than just "run well" but I won;t mention her anymore in this thread. BTW Thanks for the "welcome back"

bigmack
05-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Contact Al Jezeera and spread the news throughout MusWorld:

Counterterrorism chief John Brennan told reporters that while bin Laden had vowed to go down fighting, in his last moments alive the master terrorist hid behind a woman.

Tom
05-03-2011, 01:07 PM
The Pakistanis are concerned that they wre ot notified of the attack.
They admitted that they had had communications with us about that house for a while now.

Duh.
Then don't lie and say you had no idea where the SOB was hiding.
No doubt in my mind the Pakistanis were protecting him.

mostpost
05-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Thirty? Wow! :eek:
http://www.nydailynews.com/nydn/poll.do?pollCmsUniqueId=20110503_boost_for_bam&pollTitle=Boost+for+Bam&pollQuestion=Overall%2C+do+you+approve+of+Obama%27 s+job+performance%3F&voteExpirationDate=&option_labels
New York daily news daily online poll

bigmack
05-03-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/nydn/poll.do?pollCmsUniqueId=20110503_boost_for_bam&pollTitle=Boost+for+Bam&pollQuestion=Overall%2C+do+you+approve+of+Obama%27 s+job+performance%3F&voteExpirationDate=&option_labels
New York daily news daily online poll
There ya go, gettin' all fraudulent again. Online poll? :lol: Is that like one of those Ed Schultz online polls?

Any honest poll has it up 9.

Rassmussen shows a very slight uptick.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/bopoll.png

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/bopoll2.png

Hanover1
05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I was in the pool early I guess, so swim I will.......the political fallout of this will be forthcoming, we are just assembling what we want folks to accept as fact, and deciding how to present it. Business as usual on Capitol Hill........

GameTheory
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Interesting article about the kids who were in the classroom with Bush on 9/11 (they appreciated the fact that he didn't freak out, btw) and the effect it had on them, reactions to Bin Laden's death, etc

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2069327,00.html?hpt=C2

NJ Stinks
05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Interesting article about the kids who were in the classroom with Bush on 9/11 (they appreciated the fact that he didn't freak out, btw) and the effect it had on them, reactions to Bin Laden's death, etc

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2069327,00.html?hpt=C2

That is interesting. I'm sure GWB will appreciate the sentiments expressed by those kids. It will mean a lot to him for sure. :ThmbUp:

pandy
05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I wonder who makes more money, the Navy Seals or the Meadowlands tellers? Do you think they pay the Seals $24 an hour?

Steve 'StatMan'
05-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I wonder who makes more money, the Navy Seals or the Meadowlands tellers? Do you think they pay the Seals $24 an hour?

With the Seals being 24x7x365, I don't think so. God Bless the U.S. Seals and all in the U.S. Military Personell.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
There ya go, gettin' all fraudulent again. Online poll? :lol: Is that like one of those Ed Schultz online polls?

Any honest poll has it up 9.

Rassmussen shows a very slight uptick.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/bopoll.png

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/bopoll2.png

Why does that picture of BO look a bit more like Gilbert Gottfried? Is it the bigger smile than usual and the squinting due to bright lights?

Steve 'StatMan'
05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
adding Gilbert Gottfried picture

"Osama Bin Laden walked into a Talent Agent's Office..."

Ocala Mike
05-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Job security for BO. When he steps down in 2017, they're holding a spot open for him as the AFLAC duck.

Ocala Mike

Robert Goren
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I wonder who makes more money, the Navy Seals or the Meadowlands tellers? Do you think they pay the Seals $24 an hour? The CEO of BP got more than all of them combined to resign. Really makes you wonder?

Golf and Horses
05-03-2011, 10:40 PM
adding Gilbert Gottfried picture

"Osama Bin Laden walked into a Talent Agent's Office..."

"THE ARISTOCRATS!!" :lol:

mostpost
05-03-2011, 10:54 PM
There ya go, gettin' all fraudulent again. Online poll? Is that like one of those Ed Schultz online polls?
The Ed Schultz poll would have the approval rating at 96%. It's not fraudulent because I expect you to know that an online poll is not scientific. At least you can only vote once, unlike American Idol. :D

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2011, 11:37 PM
If his official approval rating ever approaches 96% because of OBL, I will make you a moderator of off-topic.

newtothegame
05-03-2011, 11:37 PM
The CEO of BP got more than all of them combined to resign. Really makes you wonder?

Not too mention all that cabbage GE saved this past year :)

bigmack
05-03-2011, 11:48 PM
If his official approval rating ever approaches 96% because of OBL, I will make you a moderator of off-topic.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li1y5oLHRD1qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

The horror...The horror...

newtothegame
05-03-2011, 11:54 PM
I just wish the WH (WHO SAID THEY WATCHED IN REAL TIME), could at least get the story straight. And they wonder how conspiracies theories start....hell tomorrow the WH might even say they are not sure if he is dead...:lol:

White House changes Osama bin Laden account

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Tuesday publicly revised the administration’s account of the raid (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54073.html) that killed Osama bin Laden (http://topics.politico.com/index.cfm/topic/osamabinladen), telling reporters that the Al Qaeda leader wasn’t armed during the assault and didn’t use one of his wives as a shield.

On Monday evening, the White House had backed away from key details in its narrative about the raid, including claims by senior U.S. officials that bin Laden had a weapon and may have fired it during a gun battle with U.S. forces.

Officials also retreated from claims that one of bin Laden’s wives was killed in the raid (http://www.politico.com/arena/archive/osama-bin-laden-killed.html).

Carney read a statement to reporters Tuesday seeking to clarify discrepancies. He said bin Laden “was not armed.” When a U.S. “assaulter” approached bin Laden, the Al Qaeda leader’s “wife” rushed the assaulter. That woman was shot but not killed, Carney said.

“What is true,” Carney said, is that “we provided a great deal of information with great haste.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54162.html

lol I especially love what I have bolded..."what is true".....
lol damn bozo's

Hank
05-04-2011, 12:36 AM
I just wish the WH (WHO SAID THEY WATCHED IN REAL TIME), could at least get the story straight. And they wonder how conspiracies theories start....hell tomorrow the WH might even say they are not sure if he is dead...:lol:

White House changes Osama bin Laden account

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Tuesday publicly revised the administration’s account of the raid (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54073.html) that killed Osama bin Laden (http://topics.politico.com/index.cfm/topic/osamabinladen), telling reporters that the Al Qaeda leader wasn’t armed during the assault and didn’t use one of his wives as a shield.

On Monday evening, the White House had backed away from key details in its narrative about the raid, including claims by senior U.S. officials that bin Laden had a weapon and may have fired it during a gun battle with U.S. forces.

Officials also retreated from claims that one of bin Laden’s wives was killed in the raid (http://www.politico.com/arena/archive/osama-bin-laden-killed.html).

Carney read a statement to reporters Tuesday seeking to clarify discrepancies. He said bin Laden “was not armed.” When a U.S. “assaulter” approached bin Laden, the Al Qaeda leader’s “wife” rushed the assaulter. That woman was shot but not killed, Carney said.

“What is true,” Carney said, is that “we provided a great deal of information with great haste.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54162.html

lol I especially love what I have bolded..."what is true".....
lol damn bozo's

I tried to point out that a bit of rational skepticism was in order here,but alas most here consider nose breathing a great achievement.

newtothegame
05-04-2011, 12:52 AM
I tried to point out that a bit of rational skepticism was in order here,but alas most here consider nose breathing a great achievement.

hank...its always easy for us on the outside to hold skepticism....but did not John (whatever his last name was ) during Mondays press conference say they were watching in REAL TIME??
How can one, watching in REAL TIME, less then twenty four hours make a HUGE mistake about him "being killed in a fire fight" now say that he was UNARMED???
Used a woman shield and she was killed...to now she was shot in the leg???
Personally, I hope the SOB is at the bottom of the sea...but not even your zealous lib nature and love of BO can sugar coat these LIES!
And dont hand me "people make mistakes.."...
The questions were not about what color was the bedding linens.....
It was ABOUT THE WORLDS NUMBER ONE TERRORIST in alot of peoples eyes JUST BEING KILLED in which they WATCHED IN REAL TIME!!!

Light
05-04-2011, 01:12 AM
While everyone is celebrating,they are forgetting that Osama's strategy was not simply to have random killings, but more importantly to deliver a major knock out punch that is right under our noses. He studied economics at a University and has delivered a major blow to the U.S. economy. He bled the Soviet economy with a war of attrition. Is it any wonder that their economy collapsed shortly afterwards?

I believe the cost of fighting in Afghanistan costs around 2 Billion a week! The Iraq war is now in the trillions and we are in major debt that will reverberate for generations to come. He has changed our way of life when we travel, he has caused a new department of Homeland security to be created, and has created a general heightened sense of paranoia. He has affected employment, and funding for many projects in this country. Osama was surely misguided, but he was no dummy when it came to writing the book on how to bring down a major superpower. Bush played right into his hands and everyday Obama doesn't get out of Afghanistan is a victory for the dead man.

mostpost
05-04-2011, 01:19 AM
hank...its always easy for us on the outside to hold skepticism....but did not John (whatever his last name was ) during Mondays press conference say they were watching in REAL TIME??
How can one, watching in REAL TIME, less then twenty four hours make a HUGE mistake about him "being killed in a fire fight" now say that he was UNARMED???
Used a woman shield and she was killed...to now she was shot in the leg???
Personally, I hope the SOB is at the bottom of the sea...but not even your zealous lib nature and love of BO can sugar coat these LIES!
And dont hand me "people make mistakes.."...
The questions were not about what color was the bedding linens.....
It was ABOUT THE WORLDS NUMBER ONE TERRORIST in alot of peoples eyes JUST BEING KILLED in which they WATCHED IN REAL TIME!!!

I know you are going to take this as another Obama defense, but it isn't. It is possible to be killed in a fire fight and still be unarmed.

Yes they watched in real time, but what could they see. As I understand there were cameras on the helmets. One or many? I don't know. A camera on a helmet is not like a camera on a stand or even hand held. It goes where your head goes. It sees only what is directly in front of you. When you're avoiding bullets you are unlikely to worry about framing the shot.
Unless you are fixated with blaming Obama for everything (Which you are) this is a non issue.

bigmack
05-04-2011, 01:26 AM
He studied economics at a University and has delivered a major blow to the U.S. economy.
The coward you give WAY too much credit to, hid behind a woman like a frightened child prior to having his brains blown out.

In light of the security we had in 2001, it didn't take much of an IQ to figure out how to down two tall buildings in NY.

newtothegame
05-04-2011, 01:39 AM
I know you are going to take this as another Obama defense, but it isn't. It is possible to be killed in a fire fight and still be unarmed.

Yes they watched in real time, but what could they see. As I understand there were cameras on the helmets. One or many? I don't know. A camera on a helmet is not like a camera on a stand or even hand held. It goes where your head goes. It sees only what is directly in front of you. When you're avoiding bullets you are unlikely to worry about framing the shot.
Unless you are fixated with blaming Obama for everything (Which you are) this is a non issue.

Sorry to dissapoint there mosty....but I fail to see how "we got him" (and i notice you didnt try to dispute the importance of this event, even though OBL may not be as important personally), yet, NOT even get the MAIN facts straight.
Thanks for trying though.....
P>S just as you say I am 'fixated" on blaming obama...what does that make you? Man crush on Obama?? Jus saying!!

Light
05-04-2011, 01:58 AM
The coward you give WAY too much credit to, hid behind a woman like a frightened child prior to having his brains blown out.

That version has been rewrote by the White House and newtothegame has some links. The latest version is that he was unarmed and killed in cold blood.

From article:"Al Qaeda leader wasn’t armed during the assault and didn’t use one of his wives as a shield."

bigmack
05-04-2011, 02:03 AM
That version has been rewrote by the White House and newtothegame has some links. The latest version is that he was unarmed and killed in cold blood.
Killed in cold blood. :lol: Poor fool.

highnote
05-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Jimmy Carter was blamed for the Iran hostage crisis and the failed attempt to rescue the hostages and these events probably cost him re-election.

On the day Reagan was sworn in the hostages were released. This boosted Reagan's ratings and he was given a lot of credit for the release, but how much was he responsible for their release other than getting elected?

I think it is fair that Reagan got credit for the release. The President gets the blame when things go bad. So it's only fair that the President gets the praise when things go well.

Bush was not able to find OBL. I can't say he took a lot of heat for it, but he certainly didn't score any points. Although, he did find a lot of other terrorists.

Under Obama, OBL was shot and killed. Obama gets blamed for everything from the housing crisis to the financial markets to the escalation of war in Afghanistan. So it is seems to me that he should get some of the credit for taking out OBL. Afterall, it was he who gave the go ahead, basing his decision on all the intelligence reports that were presented to him. He had to digest the reports and come to a conclusion. His decision to give the green light resulted in the elimination of the number one figure in the war on terror.

Without Obama's blessing, OBL would still be living in Pakistan tonight.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2011, 03:14 AM
I find it amusing that some of the same people who didn't believe a word that came out of the White House from Jan 2001-Jan 2009 seem to buy everything coming out now, despite the fact that some of the people working there from Jan 2001-Jan 2009 are STILL EMPLOYED by Obama...

Someone brought up an interesting fact on the radio today. Osama's "mansion" looked a helluva lot like a JAIL designed to keep people IN instead of keeping people OUT...but I guess that's always going to be a subjective observation. It was an interesting one nonetheless.

This whole event could become the mother of all conspiracy theories with the way this White House seems to be fumbling the FACTS... :lol:

Let's be real here for a moment. The killing of OBL is nothing more than symbolic. It won't change a thing here in America in any substantial way (except, of course, having more of our rights violated as security is "stepped up" for fear of "revenge attacks.")

Did anyone notice the story that Soros has begun selling his gold and silver holdings?

With this symbolic story dominating the headlines, now is the time to look behind the curtain and figure out what it is being caught in the undertow, out of sight and quickly dragged away.

hcap
05-04-2011, 04:59 AM
This whole event could become the mother of all conspiracy theories with the way this White House seems to be fumbling the FACTS...

So we now have the Deather conspiracy debuting here? Figures. Do you guys thing OBL was not killed?

Back when the rutabaga et al launched an all out WAR, there were many reasons to doubt accounts of claimed success. Starting with the non discovery of WMDs to dumb cover-up bogus stories of Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman.

I don't buy all the details of the death of OBL, but neither do I think it approaches the level of bullshit that came out of the Iraq war.

Hello Deathers! Maybe we should start a new thread, call it the Issue That Won't Die II. I promise not to keep it going when obvious;y NO ONE else here pays it any attention. ;)

rastajenk
05-04-2011, 07:31 AM
The latest version is that he was unarmed and killed in cold blood
"And I suppose all his innocent victims were killed in warm blood?

newtothegame
05-04-2011, 07:49 AM
So we now have the Deather conspiracy debuting here? Figures. Do you guys thing OBL was not killed?

Back when the rutabaga et al launched an all out WAR, there were many reasons to doubt accounts of claimed success. Starting with the non discovery of WMDs to dumb cover-up bogus stories of Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman.

I don't buy all the details of the death of OBL, but neither do I think it approaches the level of bullshit that came out of the Iraq war.

Hello Deathers! Maybe we should start a new thread, call it the Issue That Won't Die II. I promise not to keep it going when obvious;y NO ONE else here pays it any attention. ;)

You know Cap', you would seriously gain a little credibility if you would just say the truth! And the truth is this...OBAMA is caught in lie after lie. His administration has more clowns then the old coney island. And each and everytime it is shown what a total moron he is.....you on the left retort.."well look what bush did" .....
With every passing day, you guys lose more and more credibility. But keep repeating the old "its Bush's fault"....all the while the american public sees through it and the poll numbers reflect it....!!!

Tom
05-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Ding dong, Bin Laden's dead,
Obama gave the go-ahead.
Ding dong, they filled him full of lead.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4cc71dc544/ding-dong-bin-laden-s-dead

GaryG
05-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Who the hell cares if he was armed or resisted? It would have been perfectly acceptable to shoot him in the back. Maybe they should have blindfolded and beheaded him in the muslim fashion. What I want to know is this: Did they read him his Miranda rights?

dartman51
05-04-2011, 09:50 AM
New drink at the local bar called the Bin Laden......2 shots and a splash of water. :ThmbUp:

wes
05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Those who have never had any military training have very little clues to what the crew was up against. Perhaps never heard of the element of supprise. Could have very well save the day for them all.

wes

Secretariat
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Apparently, Bin Laden had been at this compound for years, and its proximity to the Pakistan Armed Forces academy speaks volumes. Pakistan (especially under Musharraf) has been taking American foreign aid while hiding Bin Laden.

Will be interesting to see whether that aid continues.

Kudos to President Obama, the intelligence community and the brave men who successfully pulled this off. This is the kind of covert action needed to bring down these terrorist gangs.

Not the thread to rehash all the arguments, but a feeling of relief that this bastard is no more.

Tom
05-04-2011, 11:52 AM

From article:"Al Qaeda leader wasn’t armed during the assault and didn’t use one of his wives as a shield."

Also unarmed.
Close to 3,000 more - dittos.
And, this photo is OK to show, but a dead Bin Laden is not??????

highnote
05-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Doug Casey of Casey Research newsletter has an interesting opinion on the killing of OBL.

Read the whole interview here...
http://www.caseyresearch.com/cwc/doug-casey-obama-killing-osama

"I find it shocking that the U.S. government just takes it upon itself to kill people now, without even a show trial like Saddam got. "

Doug: The whole thing stinks, from top to bottom. You'd think that if they knew where he was, they would have gone out of their way to take him alive - at almost any cost. Think of the information he would have had! But instead they seemed to go out of their way to kill him, which impresses me as incredibly stupid and counterproductive... Unless they don't want him talking.

After all, Osama said several times that he had nothing to do with the events of 9/11. But Bush used him, and 9/11, as the casus belli for Afghanistan. It would have been interesting to know who Osama thought was actually behind 9/11.

Then, after killing him, they dump his body in the Arabian Sea, using the excuse that he had to be interred within 24 hours as a Muslim, and it wasn't possible to bury him because they didn't want to create a shrine. As if they go out of their way to bury every Muslim they kill within 24 hours... I suspect that, in fact, they leave most bodies as a treat for the dogs and the crows. We'll now never know whose body that was. Or exactly how he was killed.

What really gets me is the laughing, dancing, and singing in the streets. I believe in self-defense and have no problem with the use of lethal force on murderers. I even understand the urge to celebrate a victory... But the combination of credulity and jubilation seems... frankly, rather sad and frightening. Oddly enough, I find myself almost agreeing with the Vatican, which came out with a statement saying that the death should prompt meditation, not celebration.

Tom
05-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Interesting in the way that a sleezebag like that guy has a column and taints the soil of America? He is the kind of guy you just punch in the face as soon you meet him. Let me know when he assumes room temperature - I will make it a point to celebrate his passing as well.

highnote
05-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Interesting in the way that a sleezebag like that guy has a column and taints the soil of America? He is the kind of guy you just punch in the face as soon you meet him. Let me know when he assumes room temperature - I will make it a point to celebrate his passing as well.

I kind of agree with him and the Vatican that death is cause for meditation not celebration, but that doesn't mean I am "right".

I know that not everyone shares the same beliefs as the Vatican. I can tell you I certainly was NOT overcome with joy. Should I have been? I have been more meditative toward his death. Is it wrong that some were overcome with joy? I think it depends on the meaning you attached to the man. There is probably no right or wrong way to respond to OBL's death.

I don't know if you read the whole article, but he makes some interesting points. For example, there has been a lot of questionable information flowing from the WH:

Doug: Look, a thinking person has to question authority – at all times, on all issues. It’s a matter of principle, as well as prudence. I’ve said it before, and will say it again: 90% of everything in the media is bull. If it’s not a fabrication, it’s opinion disguised as fact. Or facts that are modified or twisted. Or there’s significant data left out. Often that’s not because of some conspiracy, but rather the pure incompetence of reporters and editors today. There aren’t any H.L. Menckens on the scene that I can think of. I read and listen to the news mainly for entertainment purposes, and to learn what other people seem to believe.

Do I think this is all a con job? Well, you’d think that after spending trillions of dollars, and killing hundreds of thousands of people, that finally, after ten years, they could catch up with Osama, who is supposed to be the mastermind of evil itself. Frankly, at this point, he couldn’t have been more than just a tired, sick old man. He would probably have died naturally in a few years anyway, if he hadn’t already died years ago.

But you’d think they could get their story straight. First he’s hiding behind a woman, using her as a shield as he returned fire. Then he’s unarmed. I’ve read he was killed with two shots to the head. It sounds like a mob hit.

ArlJim78
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
The raid on the compound took 38 minutes.
The traditional funeral service they gave OBL lasted 40 minutes.

that is messed up.

highnote
05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
The raid on the compound took 38 minutes.
The traditional funeral service they gave OBL lasted 40 minutes.

that is messed up.

If there is ever a firefight at my house (compound?) I hope that the local police can arrive within 38 minutes.

So a helicopter goes down, a neighbor is tweeting about the noise from the choppers, there is a firefight -- and no police or military show up in the first 38 minutes?

ArlJim78
05-04-2011, 09:22 PM
If there is ever a firefight at my house (compound?) I hope that the local police can arrive within 38 minutes.

So a helicopter goes down, a neighbor is tweeting about the noise from the choppers, there is a firefight -- and no police or military show up in the first 38 minutes?
hey our guys are just that stealthy.

highnote
05-04-2011, 09:41 PM
hey our guys are just that stealthy.

The Seals could have had silencers on their weapons. But how do you silence a crashing helicopter?

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't buy all the details of the death of OBL, but neither do I think it approaches the level of bullshit that came out of the Iraq war.Of course you don't, because you're a hypocrite like everyone else (myself included).

You'll believe what comes out of THIS government (even though it contains some of the same characters as the LAST government, like Robert Gates), but whatever came out of the LAST gov't was to be totally discounted and mistrusted.

And now you're CALLING ME names on top of it all...(Deather)....

Man, you are just WAY TOO funny pal...

MartyZee
05-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Forget about this political Bull- All I know is that I'm overjoyed that this poor excuse for a human being is gone . Being over 65 years of age I never wished harm to anyone; BUT I CAN SAY I AM HAPPY THAT HE IS OUTTA HERE

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2011, 12:10 AM
I think we're all happy he's outta here.

JustRalph
05-05-2011, 03:00 AM

If you know you are out gunned and have an idea that it might be the U.S. who have finally found Osama (because you have been protecting him) and you also know that cruise missiles and bombs are very possibly on the way, you don't go rushing in.

highnote
05-05-2011, 03:17 AM
If you know you are out gunned and have an idea that it might be the U.S. who have finally found Osama (because you have been protecting him) and you also know that cruise missiles and bombs are very possibly on the way, you don't go rushing in.

Exactly. No one would be surprised if OBL was being protected by local authorities.

On the other hand, if they knew he lived there, they didn't try very hard to protect him.

Maybe someone who knew he was living there is $25 million richer?

Lefty
05-05-2011, 03:55 AM
I don't give a rat's derriere if he was unarmed or not. He was a mass murderer. Adios!

I thank Obama for having the guts to put the kill order on him, when Clinton did not.

I thank GW Bush for putting the mechanism in place that led to the info
that fingered" him.

JustRalph
05-05-2011, 04:08 AM
On the other hand, if they knew he lived there, they didn't try very hard to protect him.

Ten years buys a lot of complacency

highnote
05-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Ten years buys a lot of complacency

Another good point.

rastajenk
05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
There could be more than one meaning in the video and your perception of its' intent.With some of the leakage trickling out of the WH, you could imagine him getting pissed that he was one-upped by the Clintonistas on his team while he was out on the golf course. ;)

Tom
05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Photos of Bin Laden's life in the house are beginning to emerge.
Now we know what he was doing the last 10 years......

JustRalph
05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
OTM AL

a seat just opened up in August!!

llegend39
05-12-2011, 08:54 AM

"Thanking Obama for killing Bin Laden is like going into McDonalds and thanking Ronald McDonald for the hamburger. It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."

highnote
05-12-2011, 10:39 AM
"Thanking Obama for killing Bin Laden is like going into McDonalds and thanking Ronald McDonald for the hamburger. It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."

The way I see it is that you have to thank the entire McDonald's organization for building an enterprise that makes it possible to get an acceptable burger at an acceptable price in reasonably fast time.

Don't forget the farmer that raised the cow, the slaughterhouse that butchered the cow, the farmer that grew the grain, the transporation companies... etc etc etc..

Plenty of people should get the credit.

Sugar Ron
05-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Still laughing at the fact that the (incompetent) GOP admin led by Bush had over seven years to get the coward ... and failed.

BO's team steps in and takes care of business in just over two.

LMAO

Tom
05-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Still laughing at the fact that the (incompetent) GOP admin led by Bush had over seven years to get the coward ... and failed.

LMAO

Bush's team.
Obama's team is plotting to bomb the Senate.

elysiantraveller
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM

LMAO

This is moronic.

First, everyone admitted that the intel that led to this raid has been compiled over several years.

Second, are we that petty that we need to fight over who gets credit for killing someone??? Seriously...?

rgustafson
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey, if Michelle Bachmann says he is dead, you can take it to the bank.:)

Greyfox
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM
The way I see it is that you have to thank the entire McDonald's organization for building an enterprise that makes it possible to get an acceptable burger at an acceptable price in reasonably fast time.

Don't forget the farmer that raised the cow, the slaughterhouse that butchered the cow, the farmer that grew the grain, the transporation companies... etc etc etc..

Plenty of people should get the credit.

Exactly. :ThmbUp:

Who knows what gets what credit. Certainly it isn't the last man saying okay go ahead. The boots on the ground deserve far more than him.
Consider The Butterfly Effect

"The butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions; where a small change at one place in a nonlinear system can result in large differences to a later state. For example, the presence or absence of a butterfly flapping its wings could lead to creation or absence of a hurricane."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

bigmack
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Second, are we that petty that we need to fight over who gets credit for killing someone??? Seriously...?
SugarRon is way beyond petty; he's positively childish. Shoe sized IQ and he wears a 6 ½.

Light
05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Take it from the Rutabaga's own mouth:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02

Contrast that to what Obama said:

"We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority,"
10/7/08

Obviously if the vegetable version of a president didn't give a crap about Osama's capture, it would mean he probably didn't put much energy into securing his capture. All the credit given Bush for Obama's eventual capture of the Al Queda leader is out of respect, but in reality is pure bull.

This is not an endorsement for Obama. He sucks too.

benzer
05-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Take it from the Rutabaga's own mouth:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02

Contrast that to what Obama said:

"We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority,"
10/7/08

Obviously if the vegetable version of a president didn't give a crap about Osama's capture, it would mean he probably didn't put much energy into securing his capture. All the credit given Bush for Obama's eventual capture of the Al Queda leader is out of respect, but in reality is pure bull.

This is not an endorsement for Obama. He sucks too.

Wow, you sure have been sucked in by the bull. Watch a lot of ABC?

Sugar Ron
05-16-2011, 09:32 AM
This is moronic.

First, everyone admitted that the intel that led to this raid has been compiled over several years.

Why do I get the feeling that if Bush-Cheney were allowed to stay in there, bin laden would still be watching porn every night and waking up on his king-size bed every morning.

Yet another example of GOP INCOMPETENCE...

Tom
05-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Why do I get the feeling that if Bush-Cheney were allowed to stay in there, bin laden would still be watching porn every night and waking up on his king-size bed every morning.

Because you're clueless?

Robert Goren
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Because you're clueless?Or based based on 7+ years of failure. The Bush-Cheney trying to catch Bin Laden at the end was like a 9 yo horse still try break his maiden.

Tom
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Or based based on 7+ years of failure. The Bush-Cheney trying to catch Bin Laden at the end was like a 9 yo horse still try break his maiden.

BS. It was the network Bush?Cheney set up that found him. Obama had nothing to do with it, other than he did not dismantle it. It was their interrogations that helped put the pieces of the puzzle together. For all the whining you guys did about "torture" you are quick to use the results from it and give credit to a boob who put an end to it.

Shouldn't that info have been excluded as fruit of the poisonous tree?

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2011, 01:08 PM
I love it! More left-leaners like Sugar Ron, who believe everything the Bush Administration had to say about bin Laden (including that he was responsible for 9/11), and YET, in the same breath, Sugar Ron and our good Detective Goren will be happy to wax on about how incompetent, corrupt and dishonest the Bush Administration was.

So, which is it boys? And how do you know they told you the TRUTH that one time, about bin Laden being behind 9/11? :lol:

Waiting to watch you interesting fellows squirm your way out of this one.

mostpost
05-16-2011, 03:06 PM
BS. It was the network Bush?Cheney set up that found him. Obama had nothing to do with it, other than he did not dismantle it. It was their interrogations that helped put the pieces of the puzzle together. For all the whining you guys did about "torture" you are quick to use the results from it and give credit to a boob who put an end to it.

Shouldn't that info have been excluded as fruit of the poisonous tree?
Are you referring to the network that Bush dismantled in 2006? The CIA unit on bin Laden was disbanded in 2006. You are right. Obama did not dismantle the unit. He reestablished it.
As for the water boarding, there is no evidence that they received any information through water boarding that they could not have received faster and more efficiently through normal interrogation techniques.

Lefty
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
The assertion they could have located Usama through normal interrogation
techniques is purely speculation and is not a fact.

bigmack
05-16-2011, 03:23 PM
there is no evidence that they received any information through water boarding that they could not have received faster and more efficiently through normal interrogation techniques. :lol:

Do you or hcap have a graph to illustrate such an idiotic statement?

Tom
05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
mostie - three strikes.

No, not the Bin Laden unit - the anti-terrorism network that included enhanced interrogation methods, of which, some of the key clues that led to his whereabouts was obtained.

mostpost
05-16-2011, 04:49 PM
The assertion they could have located Usama through normal interrogation techniques is purely speculation and is not a fact.
Do you or hcap have a graph to illustrate such an idiotic statement?
No, not the Bin Laden unit - the anti-terrorism network that included enhanced interrogation methods, of which, some of the key clues that led to his whereabouts was obtained.
Bush disbanded the specific bin Laden unit, which shows me a lack of interest in bin Ladens death or capture . Information gathered during the Bush years and information gathered during Obama's term was essential to the capture, but it was not obtained through waterboarding. Here is a quote from an administration official.
“It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.” Of course we all know how those Obama guys lie so we can't believe........oh-wait, that wasn't an Obama administration official that said that. It was Donald Rumsfeld.
http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/donald-rumsfeld-says-waterboarding-did-
In fact KSM and Al Qaeda’s operational chief, Abu Faraj al-Libi repeatedly denied under waterboarding that they had ever heard of the courier when given his name.
From the above link.
Prisoners in American custody told stories of a trusted courier. When the Americans ran the man’s pseudonym past two top-level detainees — the chief planner of the Sept. 11 attacks, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed; and Al Qaeda’s operational chief, Abu Faraj al-Libi — the men claimed never to have heard his name. That raised suspicions among interrogators that the two detainees were lying and that the courier probably was an important figure.

My italics. So in torturing these two men, interrogators got nothing of substance. In fact, it was only by assuming that these men were lying under torture that the investigation continued. It was subsequently, during normal interrogations that KSM gave us a central clue:

Mohammed did not reveal the names while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He identified them many months later under standard interrogation, they said, leaving it once again up for debate as to whether the harsh technique was a valuable tool or an unnecessarily violent tactic.

From the New York Times via the above link.
What really broke the case? From the NYT:

Operation Cannonball, a [2005] bureaucratic reshuffling ... placed more C.I.A. case officers on the ground in Pakistan and Afghanistan. With more agents in the field, the C.I.A. finally got the courier’s family name. With that, they turned to one of their greatest investigative tools — the National Security Agency began intercepting telephone calls and e-mail messages between the man’s family and anyone inside Pakistan. From there they got his full name. Last July, Pakistani agents working for the C.I.A. spotted him driving his vehicle near Peshawar.

Old-fashioned, painstaking, labor-intensive intelligence work. The American way. We never needed to stoop to bin Laden's standards to get bin Laden. We needed merely to follow our long-tested humane procedures.

So what we learn here is that we did not learn the couriers name by torturing
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. We learned it through CIA agents on the ground in Pakistan and Afghanistan. We also learned that under enhanced interrogation and waterboarding KSM denied knowing the man. Under standard interrogation we were able to get the information we needed.

You guys all want to be Jack Bauer. 24 was fiction. This is real life.

Tom
05-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Strike 4.

riskman
05-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I don’t recall where the U.S. government actually laid out the case for his connection with 9/11. On the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted list, there is no mention of 9/11 and bin Laden:

OBL was wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden was a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world
.http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten

trying2win
05-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Good riddance to that scum! May he fry in hell!

Tom
05-18-2011, 10:03 PM
T2T - fry, as in fish fry! :lol:

The new Chicken of the Sea~!

trying2win
05-18-2011, 10:46 PM
T2T - fry, as in fish fry! :lol:

The new Chicken of the Sea~!
:lol: