PDA

View Full Version : Tosses

Smarty Cide
05-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Who do you guys think are the instant tosses? With no chance to finish in the money

goforgin
05-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Uncle Mo, Pants on Fire, Comma to the Top, Master of Hounds, Twice the Appeal and Watch Me Go. However, they could run 1, 2, 3....... I'm hoping for a blistering pace with closers in overdrive the last 3/16ths. I guess it's never too early to make a Derby fool of myself by tossing out the eventual winner.

rastajenk
05-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I've seen some "pants on fire" references in the blogosphere very recently (re: the Prez and his White House staff). This one stays in for hunchplayer reasons alone. :p

keithw84
05-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Twinspired, Brilliant Speed, Watch Me Go, Comma To The Top. I think Uncle Mo has a shot, but if Repole is serious about making him the favorite, he will offer no value.

FlyinLate
05-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Uncle Mo, Pants on Fire, Comma to the Top, Master of Hounds, Twice the Appeal and Watch Me Go. However, they could run 1, 2, 3....... I'm hoping for a blistering pace with closers in overdrive the last 3/16ths. I guess it's never too early to make a Derby fool of myself by tossing out the eventual winner.

This x2. Add in Twinspired.

Smarty Cide
05-01-2011, 05:04 PM
arent u guys who are totally tossing uncle mo getting a little cocky. would it really be that crazy if mo won? aint like his competition is worth anything.

FenceBored
05-01-2011, 05:58 PM
arent u guys who are totally tossing uncle mo getting a little cocky. would it really be that crazy if mo won? aint like his competition is worth anything.

Can't this be said for the lot of them. Tried to rework Queen's Somebody to Love as A Good Derby Horse, but the results aren't quite so pretty.

Plain Steve
05-01-2011, 06:57 PM
With all the front-runners in the race I think it's possible the race could blow up
and bombs could come home, ala Giacamo's Derby. MOH is bred to run as far as they write races, and farther.

Robert Fischer
05-01-2011, 07:27 PM

there are some allowance quality runners although this crop doesn't appear to be loaded

sandpit
05-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Who do you guys think are the instant tosses? With no chance to finish in the money

Comma to the Top (by Bwana Charlie)
Pants on Fire (incredibly horrible name plus the La. Derby non-factor influence)
Brilliant Speed (got beat a combined 40 lengths in his 2 dirt races)
Master of Hounds (one race this year?)
Twice the Appeal (broke his maiden for $30K, no thanks)
Animal Kingdom (looks like a Barry Irwin ego special here)
Stay Thirsty (this one may come back and bite me in the super)
Santiva (just doesn't seem very fast)
Watch Me Go (to the back of the field)
Twinspired (name is the only thing that draws attention)
Derby Kitten (if he gets in, Ramsey, ala Irwin with AK)

I've halved the field, which makes my $1 super more manageable: 10x9x8x7=$5,040 :confused:

salty
05-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Briliant speed- not on dirt

Twinspired

Decisive Momment- Myth BUSTED

Shackleford- just don't believe in another big performance from this one

Watch Me Go- they need to add Slow to the end of his name

Twice the Appeal- Borel can't win them all, hes more than due for the statistics to come crashing down on is head

Master of Hounds-I don't understand whats so good about this horse that has only ever won a maiden race and came 6th in the breeders turf juv as the favorite

Santiva- too slow

Dialed In- maybe in 2nd but not in first
Uncle Moe- maybe in second but not in first

Comma to the top- might not fade as bad as the others

so all i have left to deal with are
ARCHARCHARCH
Tobys Corner
Animal Kingdom
Nehro
Mucho Macho Man
Soldat
Midnight Interlude

with Moe,Dialed Out and Comma to the Bottom underneath only. Comma could even just be third spot only I'm just afraid of the extra experience.