PDA

View Full Version : NY Sunday.

Suff
10-26-2003, 10:16 AM
First race

using the 7 Navy Hymn all around. This aint childs play. This is a Big time adult play. I'll sting this race. I'll play the Board but I'm thinking of going all outside in the first. Liking the 5 ,8, 10, 6 right now.. probably use those and one more off the tote with my 7.

Suff
10-26-2003, 12:39 PM
I give races a Volatility index. People call races "wide open". But more specifically how "wide open" is what I try and gauge.

The more Volatile a race.. The more I like the Longest shots or very high odd horses. Not because I see much in thier paper. Although I may, and often do. But if the race is really sideways... with a an "all Likleyhood" of having 2 double digit horses land on the ticket...

I'm jumping at those. I risked 200 into that 7 that did NOTHING... and I used with the 6,8,10 like I said.. Ex's and tri's. None of them...did much.. 6 landed 3rd at short money...

I made no money.. I lost 200. I made the Right bet. I'd do it again...and I will.

SAL
10-26-2003, 12:52 PM
That's a skill I'm still trying to improve. Making the right bet. I bet too much money on shorter priced horses and not enough on longer priced ones. Making progress though......

Suff
10-26-2003, 01:19 PM
I also saw the race wrong as The play appeared to be the 9. I did'nt sniff him out. So I made the right bet...but I handicapped the race wrong....1 was 4-1 and required little skill to see him running somewhat...The 9 was a Nice slpeer value at 15-1...Ticket Maker... all the money comes from Him...Thats the Horse that makes the money... The 1 was a toss in or toss out... You could look at him for an hour an find 100 pro and con's. He's 4-1 ML and 5/2 on the board.... either way... My Moneys gone and I don't feel to bad about that right now...If I go 0 for 25 today it may hurt more tonight.