PDA

View Full Version : Twin Spires consistently blows late jock changes

Milkshaker
04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
I've noticed this since the YouBet merge...TwinSpires pales in comparison to getting correct changes updated...I always double check with Equibase.

When I noticed #14 Valid Citizen in the 7th at Churchill tonight had a double jock switch (Roman to Cruz to Lanerie--posted on Equibase but not TS), I took a second look at the hoss to try and figure out why the connections would do that. Valid Citizen ended up winning and paying $10.

shouldacoulda
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I am coming to the conclusion that the twinspires site blows more than jockey changes. Anybody know a good alternative? Too many quirks with their site for me. I have not been able to make a wager for 3 races in a row now tonight.

Delta Cone
05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
I am coming to the conclusion that the twinspires site blows more than jockey changes. Anybody know a good alternative? Too many quirks with their site for me. I have not been able to make a wager for 3 races in a row now tonight.

The twinspires site simply blows. I was happy with YouBet and assumed, foolishly it turns out, that twinspires would incorporate the higher-quality platform.

Already expecting a meltdown of some sort on Derby day. :bang:

Milkshaker
05-03-2011, 12:38 AM
The kicker is that in many cases, the ADW would claim the track didn't get the change to them in a timely basis...Yet TS in an offshoot of the same corporation whose signature live racing venue is allegedly the backbone of the operation.

firstoffclaim
05-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Don't get me started on them updating track conditions

shouldacoulda
05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Maybe somebody has been reading these posts because last night and tonight have been flawless.

Igeteven
05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
I've noticed this since the YouBet merge...TwinSpires pales in comparison to getting correct changes updated...I always double check with Equibase.

When I noticed #14 Valid Citizen in the 7th at Churchill tonight had a double jock switch (Roman to Cruz to Lanerie--posted on Equibase but not TS), I took a second look at the hoss to try and figure out why the connections would do that. Valid Citizen ended up winning and paying $10.

Twinspires is a hour late and a dollar short, they just don't care, take this from a very reasonable source

lamboguy
05-05-2011, 03:15 AM
another thing they don't have like youbet had was gelding first time. i am associated with twinspires and they tell me they are going to implement alot of changes after the derby. they are afraid right now to do anything to put their website in jeapardy of going down on derby day. they are probably going to have alot of video problems that day, but hopefully the site does not crash on that day. i remember the youbet site going completely down on a breeders cup day.

Southieboy
05-25-2011, 03:01 AM
I seem to recall YouBet not having late jock changes that were made during the card. In fact, some track's websites (ie: Santa Anita) have the same issue.

senortout
05-25-2011, 04:18 AM
Most if not all of the late jockey changes can be found on TSpires live tv page just go there you probably watch the races there anyway, hover on the horses and get the current jockey there. Should you doubt me, try it on a horse you know has had a jockey change, and on one that you suspect does not have the listed jockey aboard (has taken off his earlier mounts for example).

Knowclew
05-28-2011, 09:32 AM
For the most part I like TS, but agree jockey/driver changes are often missed.
I have noticed XpressBet is almost always on top of this, and their changes are listed in red.

NOT endorsing XPBet by any means here...just one thing I think they do better.

QuarterRACER
05-28-2011, 11:29 AM
I use both companies but 90% of my wagers go through xpress bet. AT one time it was the other way around but what caused my switch is the fact I ` wanted to play the quarterhorses at HIALEAH last december and twinspires did not carry them I believe due to the fact that the takeout at HIALEAH ` was I think an industry low. I was able to take the pool on the last race there december 17,the trifecta pool- only 3000.00 but it made myself happy.....THE plan for me was to switch back to twinspires after hialeah concluded but my wagering went up vastly as I got on a hot steak early in the year . I begun receiving the xpress bet end of the month rebate that they pay if you wager 8000.00 that month . that helps alot as I have picked up 800.00 for march and in april 700.00. that helps keep the player playing ,so for me it'll be tough to leave xpress ,pretty happy with them.

BillW
05-28-2011, 11:33 AM
A more reliable source would be:

http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/latechanges.html

rwwupl
05-28-2011, 01:24 PM
I use both companies but 90% of my wagers go through xpress bet. AT one time it was the other way around but what caused my switch is the fact I ` wanted to play the quarterhorses at HIALEAH last december and twinspires did not carry them I believe due to the fact that the takeout at HIALEAH ` was I think an industry low. I was able to take the pool on the last race there december 17,the trifecta pool- only 3000.00 but it made myself happy.....THE plan for me was to switch back to twinspires after hialeah concluded but my wagering went up vastly as I got on a hot steak early in the year . I begun receiving the xpress bet end of the month rebate that they pay if you wager 8000.00 that month . that helps alot as I have picked up 800.00 for march and in april 700.00. that helps keep the player playing ,so for me it'll be tough to leave xpress ,pretty happy with them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.xpressbet.com/B_VIPBenefits

Excerpt from xpressbet website:

VIP Benefits
XpressBet has one of the best VIP rewards programs in the industry, which is our way of showing our appreciation to our most valued players. The VIP Program is a bonus plan for XpressBet account holders who wager $8,000 or more per month. VIP members earn wagering credits based on their monthly volume of activity. They are also rewarded with superior, personalized customer service and account management.
Here’s how it works: For every dollar wagered through the XpressBet Online, Platinum Live Teller, Touch Tone or Voice Recognition services, XpressBet VIPs receive wagering credits which are deposited directly to your account on the first day of the new month. Each month begins with a zero balance. Wagering credits cannot be withdrawn or converted into cash.
XpressBet account holders automatically qualify by wagering a minimum of $8,000 per month. There are five levels of benefits, depending on the total monthly handle. Players who wager $8,000 per month for three consecutive months or $96,000 in a single year qualify for VIP Level 1. Players who wager amounts more will automatically advance to Levels 2 and 3, which are described below. For information about Levels 4 and 5, please speak directly to our Customer Service Department. California residents may enjoy the benefits of VIP membership, but are not eligible for wagering credits.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Players Boycott Website

http://www.playersboycott.org/

Rebates - The TOC (Thoroughbred Owners of California) is the organization responsible for California's ADW Retention Cap, a state law making it impossible for California residents to obtain rebates (which are readily available to players who live in other states.)

Section 19604 of the Business and Professions Code states:

"(5) "Contractual compensation" means the amount paid to an ADW provider from advance deposit wagers originating in this state. Contractual compensation includes, but is not limited to, hub fee payments, and may include host fee payments, if any, for out-of-state and out-of-country races. Contractual compensation is subject to the following requirements:
(A) Excluding contractual compensation for host fee payments, contractual compensation shall not exceed 6.5 percent of the amount wagered."

Translated into plain English, the above paragraph means that ADWs do not have enough room margin-wise to rebate anything back to the customer.

Instead of betting on track and paying full takeout, California's serious price sensitive players have moved their handle dollars out of state and offshore where they can and do get rebates.

Section 19604 needs to be changed to give California's large volume players a reason to return their handle dollars to the parimutuel pools. Until that happens, California players will continue wagering offshore and outside of California's parimutuel pools where their handle dolllars bring no benefit whatsoever to California's tracks and horsemen.

Note: A conservative estimate is that total North American offshore thoroughbred handle runs into the billions of dollars each year.

The Complete and Total Disregard for the player by the Tracks, The CHRB and the TOC must come to an end.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

When players are in competition with each other for money remaining in the betting pool, how can this policy be justified?

rw