View Full Version : Obama's Quarterly Pro Thread In Off Topic

NJ Stinks
04-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Is it time? Am I too early? :confused:

Anyway, how about that stock market! Closing in on 13,000!! :ThmbUp:

I don't how he does it. :cool:

ArlJim78
04-30-2011, 04:25 PM
simple QE1 and QE2. If Obama convinced Bernanke to do it then you can give him credit, otherwise its the Fed. one problem is that QE is what is driving the dollar down and oil and commodities up. so how much better off are you?

QE2 ends in june, so stay tuned.

Tom
04-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Anyway, how about that stock market! Closing in on 13,000!! :ThmbUp:

I don't how he does it.

Not relevant. Barry Soetoro himself said that the daily fluctuations in the market make it an unreliable indicator of economic health.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2011, 04:56 PM
This is a great question actually. Where ARE the pro-Obama threads?

Why haven't the many left-leaners who reside here on off-topic started much of any pro-Obama threads, telling us all of the great things he is doing and all that he has accomplished to help improve America?

NJ Stinks, you may have unwittingly made the best point here today. The reason why there aren't many pro-Obama threads is painfully obvious.

gl45
04-30-2011, 05:12 PM
screw the market. The only thing I'm worry now, is how much money I have left before next payday. I'm really pissed about it, and nothing, you or your divine leadershit can do, ass holes.

hcap
04-30-2011, 05:14 PM
This is a great question actually. Where ARE the pro-Obama threads?

Why haven't the many left-leaners who reside here on off-topic started much of any pro-Obama threads, telling us all of the great things he is doing and all that he has accomplished to help improve America?

NJ Stinks, you may have unwittingly made the best point here today. The reason why there aren't many pro-Obama threads is painfully obvious.Posting anything positive is not taken seriously or ignored or laughed at.

Just like you are doing now.

bigmack
04-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Posting anything positive is not taken seriously or ignored or laughed at.

Just like you are doing now.
Oy vey, you kvetch & ketch, on & on. Don't you ever tire of yourself?

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Posting anything positive is not taken seriously or ignored or laughed at.

Just like you are doing now.That's precisely what happened whenever anyone posted something positive about Bush from 1/2001-1/2009.

Funny how that happens...

lsbets
04-30-2011, 05:56 PM
NJ, get the numbers on the Dow adjusting for the value of the dollar and then get back to me. Curious if you'll still be proud of Obama.

fast4522
04-30-2011, 07:22 PM
screw the market. The only thing I'm worry now, is how much money I have left before next payday. I'm really pissed about it, and nothing, you or your divine leadershit can do, ass holes.

Pino,

I feel exactly what you say, you are not alone. I will not skew anything you have said either way, to me this is the message that must be said.

JustRalph
05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
NJ, get the numbers on the Dow adjusting for the value of the dollar and then get back to me. Curious if you'll still be proud of Obama.

this is the scary part. I have been reading about this valuation.....and how it applies. The scary part is when the market starts going the other way, the perceived value will really seem much lower and a huge ass whipping will take place ........if you read the tea leaves that way.

hcap
05-01-2011, 03:29 AM
That's precisely what happened whenever anyone posted something positive about Bush from 1/2001-1/2009.

Funny how that happens...Bush did not get hammered until late into his first term. I joined in 2002 and other than the election controversy and calling Bush a vegetable I jumped on Bush mostly for Iraq.

And even into his second term nothing in comparison to what has being done to Obama since before HE was elected.

rastajenk
05-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Well, there ya go. Obama is obviously doing a worse job as Prez. :cool:

Tom
05-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Bush did not get hammered until late into his first term. I joined in 2002 and other than the election controversy and calling Bush a vegetable I jumped on Bush mostly for Iraq.

And even into his second term nothing in comparison to what has being done to Obama since before HE was elected.

So you now condone killing grandchildren and invading countries that did not attack us? I mean, I bet there is not one post against Soetoro using drones to murder innocent civilians and shelling Kadaffy. One might think it was not the actions but only the man you objected to.

How quaint.

Tom
05-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Bush did not get hammered until late into his first term.

Not true. I started well before the first election!

fast4522
05-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Does it matter?

delayjf
05-01-2011, 11:15 AM
If history is any of indicator - the price of oil will take care of the stock market.

Robert Goren
05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
If history is any of indicator - the price of oil will take care of the stock market. Then the stock market takes care of the price of oil.

rastajenk
05-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Not true. I started well before the first election!I can attest to that! When I began lurking here (after an inter-forum handicapping contest) I thought, holy cow, there's no pleasing this monkey! :D

bigmack
05-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I can attest to that! When I began lurking here (after an inter-forum handicapping contest) I thought, holy cow, there's no pleasing this monkey! :D
That be one peevish monkey. The only thing he sees in this pic is the banner. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/labtblue.jpg

NJ Stinks
05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
NJ Stinks, you may have unwittingly made the best point here today. The reason why there aren't many pro-Obama threads is painfully obvious.

Painfully is the key word here. Every time I've started a thread on something good that has happened - for instance, this thread where the stock market is doing the opposite of crashing - I've got Isbets telling me the sky is really falling but I just don't realize it. Gl45 hijacks the thread to discuss take-home pay instead of 401(k) gains and Fastball High And Inside is more than happy to oblige. Next PA rushes in to toss out the GWB card just like he accuses us lefties of doing almost daily. :jump:

Then there is Tom declaring that he hammered GWB early on. Round up the usual suspects, why don't you? (What doesn't Tom hammer :sleeping: ?) And last but not least so far, we have the ever objective Delay sneaking the price of oil/cost of gas - always bad news for the prez - into this thread.

Root canal is more pleasant than authoring a pro-Obama thread around here. I should know. I've experienced both.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2011, 02:14 PM
What do you expect to happen? We all can see the stock market has gone nowhere but up since Obama took office.

What is there to debate? It's an easily verifiable fact.

Perhaps you should have elaborated and stated exactly why you think Obama should be credited with the rise, instead of telling us "I don't know how he does it." I don't know how he does it really wasn't very helpful in terms of creating a sustained thread.

Maybe you should have instead told us what policies Obama put into place that led the way to this stock market rise. Or perhaps inflation really does have something to do with it as lsbets wrote. His reply was not the first time I have heard that explanation.

lsbets
05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Painfully is the key word here. Every time I've started a thread on something good that has happened - for instance, this thread where the stock market is doing the opposite of crashing - I've got Isbets telling me the sky is really falling but I just don't realize it. Gl45 hijacks the thread to discuss take-home pay instead of 401(k) gains and Fastball High And Inside is more than happy to oblige. Next PA rushes in to toss out the GWB card just like he accuses us lefties of doing almost daily. :jump:

Then there is Tom declaring that he hammered GWB early on. Round up the usual suspects, why don't you? (What doesn't Tom hammer :sleeping: ?) And last but not least so far, we have the ever objective Delay sneaking the price of oil/cost of gas - always bad news for the prez - into this thread.

Root canal is more pleasant than authoring a pro-Obama thread around here. I should know. I've experienced both.

You don't realize it because you are willfully blind to the obvious. This man you worship and adore is a complete and total failure. Many of us pointed out his shortcomings before the election - no experience, no qualifications, etc.... Yet the ignorant voted for him, and some sadly still defend this man.

Instead of countering my point, that the value of the dollar has plunged and the stock market gains are a sham, your response is that I say the sky is falling. I knew you wouldn't look the information up. You are typical of the Obama supporters who are still out there, too lazy intellectually to be bothered with any truth that might disrupt your fantasy world where everything is great. Too concerned with worshiping and fawning over your prince charming than looking at what a disaster the man is.

ArlJim78
05-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Bernanke: QE2 has helped improve the stock market (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bernanke-qe2-has-helded-improve-the-stock-market-2011-01-13)

By Ronald D. Orol
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke said Thursday that a controversial $600 billion bond buying plan has contributed to a stronger stock market. "Our policies have contributed to a stronger stock market just as they did in March 2009 when we did the first iteration of this program," Bernanke said at a Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. forum on small businesses. "A stronger economy helps small businesses more than larger businesses. Interest rates are higher but that's mostly because the news is better. It has responded to a stronger economy and better expectations." The $600 billion bond buying plan follows a completed effort to buy $1.75 trillion in government bonds and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac-backed mortgage securities.

right from the horses mouth.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2011, 03:35 PM
In all seriousness, you could try dem underground or dailykos (are they still alive? Never hear about dailykos much anymore...I bet they miss Bush...lol) if you want a site that has more of a pro-Obama stance. But I hear even dem underground is starting to turn against dear leader... :lol:

NJ Stinks
05-01-2011, 05:02 PM
What do you expect to happen? We all can see the stock market has gone nowhere but up since Obama took office.

What is there to debate? It's an easily verifiable fact.

Perhaps you should have elaborated and stated exactly why you think Obama should be credited with the rise, instead of telling us "I don't know how he does it." I don't know how he does it really wasn't very helpful in terms of creating a sustained thread.

Maybe you should have instead told us what policies Obama put into place that led the way to this stock market rise. Or perhaps inflation really does have something to do with it as lsbets wrote. His reply was not the first time I have heard that explanation.

I don't know how he does it means just that. I was hoping somebody would tell me but instead all I got was how he didn't do it.

One thing is for sure. If the stock market was crashing, you guys would surely know why. :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
05-01-2011, 05:18 PM
You don't realize it because you are willfully blind to the obvious. This man you worship and adore is a complete and total failure. Many of us pointed out his shortcomings before the election - no experience, no qualifications, etc.... Yet the ignorant voted for him, and some sadly still defend this man.

Instead of countering my point, that the value of the dollar has plunged and the stock market gains are a sham, your response is that I say the sky is falling. I knew you wouldn't look the information up. You are typical of the Obama supporters who are still out there, too lazy intellectually to be bothered with any truth that might disrupt your fantasy world where everything is great. Too concerned with worshiping and fawning over your prince charming than looking at what a disaster the man is.

First off, the only guy I ever sort of worshiped and adored was my father. And he's no longer with us.

Secondly, of course I looked up the relationship between the stock market gains and the value of the dollar. Isn't that an argument that can be made all the time? I mean - when the Dow hit 14,000 under GWB - wasn't the same reasoning applicable? And if so, was it?

gl45
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Pinko Stinko,
instead to give a couple of billion to the brazilian for oil drilling, give it to the people who are now suffering in the south, then I wouldn't mind pay at the pump $5 a gallon. Until then you can kiss my ass.

hcap
05-02-2011, 01:03 AM
You did mean "Until then you can kiss my ILLITERATE ass. Didn't you?

ElKabong
05-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Nope. He meant you whiney little bitches with paint spread all over your face, that adore a failure like Obama, yet cannot defend his policies that are effectively deleting the middle class in America, can go kiss his ass.

Mystery solved, off you go

hcap
05-02-2011, 02:03 AM
So the asshole from TX crawls out from under his rock?

http://www.seykota.com/tribe/faq/2004_Nov/Nov_1/PeaceGirl.jpg

Tough shit schmuck

JustRalph
05-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Hcap, been drinking huh? Celebrating your Nobel Prize winner's victory huh?

hcap
05-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Actually I just saw the news about Bin Laden.
Had I seen it earlier I would have toned it down a bit. I would have even passed responding to Kabong's "you whiney little bitches with paint spread all over your face"

Sugar Ron
05-02-2011, 08:44 AM
The 401(k) balance has been expanding faster than Chris 'Cheeseburger' Christie's waistline lately, Stinks.

By the way, some of you geniuses do realize that strong corporate earnings are another major factor lifting stocks higher ... right?

JustRalph
06-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Where are all the cheerleaders ? You can't have it both ways?

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/03/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm

Dow, S&P fall for fifth-straight week
By Ken Sweet, contributing writer June 3, 2011: 4:34 PM ET

RaceBookJoe
06-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Where are all the cheerleaders ? You can't have it both ways?

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/03/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm

Dow, S&P fall for fifth-straight week
By Ken Sweet, contributing writer June 3, 2011: 4:34 PM ET

Gotta love those job numbers this morning too huh. QE2/stimulus/obama have been an utter failure. rbj

fast4522
06-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Gotta love those job numbers this morning too huh. QE2/stimulus/obama have been an utter failure. rbj

Exactly, with 1/2 of the new jobs from one company called McDonalds.

newtothegame
06-04-2011, 12:39 AM
The silence is deafening!!!
But not to worry, I am sure mosty will be along shortly to tell us about GM and Chrysler success :lol:

newtothegame
06-04-2011, 12:50 AM
And half came from a single employer when talking in terms of job gains...

Half of Last Month's New Jobs Came from a Single Employer — McDonald's

According to the unemployment data released this morning, the economy added only 54,000 jobs (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/employers-add-fewest-jobs-in-8-months-unemployment-jumps-to-91percent/2011/06/03/AGxhOvHH_story.html), pushing the unemployment rate up to 9.1 percent. However, this report from MarketWatch (http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2011/06/03/mcdonald%E2%80%99s-and-other-may-jobs-fun/) suggests the data is much worse than that:

McDonald’s ran a big hiring day on April 19 — after the Labor Department’s April survey for the payrolls report was conducted — in which 62,000 jobs were added. That’s not a net number, of course, and seasonal adjustment will reduce the Hamburglar impact on payrolls. (In simpler terms — restaurants always staff up for the summer; the Labor Department makes allowance for this effect.) Morgan Stanley estimates McDonald’s hiring will boost the overall number by 25,000 to 30,000. The Labor Department won’t detail an exact McDonald’s figure — they won’t identify any company they survey — but there will be data in the report to give a rough estimate.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/half-last-months-jobs-came-single-employer-mcdonalds_573220.html

This can not be good....
I mean mosty, NJ and the rest can NOT like this a bit. Where is the outrage over McDonalds hiring so many? Those damn low paying jobs are killing us...right mosty??

Tom
06-04-2011, 01:07 AM
You deserve a job today,
so get up and get away, to McBama's!

Tom
06-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Hey mostie...if all those new hires unionize, how many jobs do you think we can count on McDonalds creating next month?

benzer
06-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Tom,
The picture you posted is priceless. :cool:

Tom
06-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Some numbers about Obama.....

2.5 million....number of jobs lost since his term began

150,000...number of jobs expected to be created last month

54,000.....number of actual jobs created

50%......number of those jobs that were at McDonalds

Amusing little side-note......McDonalds was granted an exemption to Obama-care.

*sing*

"We deserve a break today,
Vote this moron out we say,
in November!"

"He did it all over us!"

RaceBookJoe
06-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Some numbers about Obama.....

2.5 million....number of jobs lost since his term began

150,000...number of jobs expected to be created last month

54,000.....number of actual jobs created

50%......number of those jobs that were at McDonalds

Amusing little side-note......McDonalds was granted an exemption to Obama-care.

*sing*

"We deserve a break today,
Vote this moron out we say,
in November!"

"He did it all over us!"

I also think that the 150k number was revised down from 190k expected. rbj

NJ Stinks
06-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Tom,
The picture you posted is priceless. :cool:

Sure is. :sleeping:

Marshall Bennett
06-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Regardless what happens, they'll blame it on Bush.

ArlJim78
06-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Will Obama's slogan for 2012 be "Re-elect me so I can finish what I've started"?:eek: now there's a scary thought.

Tom
06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
"Re-elect me so I can finish the McJob I started!" :D

JustRalph
08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Here is your quarterly update.........

Dow Jones index falls, erases gains for year

http://www.newser.com/story/119952/dow-plunges-279-on-bleak-data.html

newtothegame
08-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Obama’s Approval Hits All-Time Low Among Poor and Segment of Middle Class, Says Gallup
Thursday, August 04, 2011
By Terence P. Jeffrey (/source/74693)

CNSNews.com) - A week that began with President Barack Obama going on national television to pitch his vision for a debt-limit deal in terms that pitted “millionaires and billionaires” against “everyone else,” ended with the president receiving his lowest-ever weekly approval ratings in the Gallup poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Approval-Center.aspx) from the poorest Americans (those earning less than $2,000 per month) and from one segment of the middle class (those earning between $5,000 and $7,499 per month).

In fact, according to Gallup, Obama enjoys no more approval among the poorest Americans today than he does among the richest—and he enjoys significantly less approval among middle class Americans earning between $5,000 to $7,499 than he does among the richest Americans as measure by the income brackets reported by Gallup (those earning $7,500 per month or more).

Over the last seven weeks, Obama’s approval rating has dropped 11 percentage points among the poorest Americans—and 14 points among middle-class Americans earning between $5,000 and $7,499.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-s-approval-hits-all-time-low-among

ElKabong
08-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Obama’s Approval Hits All-Time Low Among Poor and Segment of Middle Class, Says Gallup
Thursday, August 04, 2011
By Terence P. Jeffrey (/source/74693)

CNSNews.com) - A week that began with President Barack Obama going on national television to pitch his vision for a debt-limit deal in terms that pitted “millionaires and billionaires” against “everyone else,” ended with the president receiving his lowest-ever weekly approval ratings in the Gallup poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Approval-Center.aspx) from the poorest Americans (those earning less than $2,000 per month) and from one segment of the middle class (those earning between $5,000 and $7,499 per month).

In fact, according to Gallup, Obama enjoys no more approval among the poorest Americans today than he does among the richest—and he enjoys significantly less approval among middle class Americans earning between $5,000 to $7,499 than he does among the richest Americans as measure by the income brackets reported by Gallup (those earning $7,500 per month or more).

Over the last seven weeks, Obama’s approval rating has dropped 11 percentage points among the poorest Americans—and 14 points among middle-class Americans earning between $5,000 and $7,499.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-s-approval-hits-all-time-low-among

If there's anything you can count on, Team Obama and the media will hatchet-job the repub candidate and running mate. They'll have to, to get their base interested enough to go back to the polls. Exceptions being black Americans. That group does seem to be solidly behind Obama & I have no real problem with that....every other Left group, Obama is going to have to dance really hard to get em back to the polls given the economy & the fact nothing was done to improve the worsening situation until the congress stood its ground last week