PDA

View Full Version : The Vulchers Start To Circle

sonnyp
04-30-2011, 01:05 PM
right after the disaster in japan, i couldn't help but admire their people who had endured so much and didn't fall prey to man's inhumanity to man and the acts of thievery and looting which might be expected to follow.

i started a thread asking what it would be like here in the wake of such a disaster.

obviously, it's a cultural thing, but looters are beginning to present a problem in the aftermath of the destruction in the south.

sad

Dave Schwartz
04-30-2011, 01:35 PM
The nature of Japanese society pretty much excludes the possibility of much looting.

sonnyp
04-30-2011, 07:41 PM
The nature of Japanese society pretty much excludes the possibility of much looting.

admirable. humans should rise above animal instincts.

Mike at A+
04-30-2011, 08:02 PM
It's an honor thing in Japan. My cousin works in New York for a Japanese company and he told me that when a Japanese person commits a crime, his name goes in the newspaper along with the name of the COMPANY HE WORKS FOR. In their culture, that is one of the biggest embarassments possible.

sonnyp
04-30-2011, 08:19 PM
ya know, i have such respect for the japanese honorable approach to life. the thing that confuses me is their seemingly barbaric behavior, in general, during WWII.

i guess its war and all goes. after all, look at we did to them to knock them out and end it. terrible.