PDA

View Full Version : Frankel - WOW!

Ian Meyers
04-30-2011, 10:21 AM
What else can you say. He was edgy and washy going to the post and refused to rate sprinting the entire mile. Unless he learns to settle this might be as far as he goes but it would be great to see him at 8 panels vs Goldikova at the BC.

Wow.

horses4courses
04-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Terrific display by a tremendous horse!

Led from start to finish, and was 15 lengths clear around halfway.

The final time has to be very quick, as the ground appeared to be good.

RXB
04-30-2011, 10:43 AM
The "15 lengths clear" call at the bushes was an overestimation but it was certainly a brilliant performance.

Some serious questions at 12f, but what a talent.

horses4courses
04-30-2011, 10:46 AM
The "15 lengths clear" call at the bushes was an overestimation but it was certainly a brilliant performance.

I disagree - the head-on view is deceptive, but he was way in front.

OTM Al
04-30-2011, 11:35 AM
He's very strong if he gets his way. I will bet heavy against him if he goes to the Derby however. Way too headstrong. Against his own age at the mile, he should not lose, but if he keeps up with this style and does not develop some sense of control, he will also be a heavy bet against first against elders if he draws into a decent field. All said though, very talented horse. Hope to see him over here come November.

Some_One
04-30-2011, 11:44 AM

According to the dosage, 12f should be a breeze...of course he needs to rate a little more than he did, lol.

Some_One
04-30-2011, 11:52 AM
BTW You can find the replay here
http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/

Look for the 15:10 at Newmarket.

For fun, to estimate the opening half mile, looking at the clock at the top right of the video from Racing UK, the gates opened at .11, Frankel flashed passed the 4f marker at about .57, so from a standing start, he ran the opening halfmile in about 46, with a run up, maybe that would be a 44.5 here?

Shelby
04-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Frankel given a provisional Timeform rating of 142.

Some_One
04-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Wowww, where did you see that?

Edit Nevermind, found it..lol

Frankel has been given a provisional Timeform rating of 142 after his astonishing win in Saturday's 2000 Guineas at Newmarket....

His bare performance - in which he beat Dubawi Gold and Native Khan by 6 lengths and half a length, with the rest a very long way adrift - merited a figure of 137.

But the horse was a long way clear for much of the way and Timeform's racecourse reporter Jamie Lynch feels that giving the horse an extra two lengths over the winning margin is fully justified.

Highest Timeform Annual Ratings

145 Sea Bird II
144 Brigadier Gerard, Tudor Minstrel
142 Abernant, Ribot, Windy City
141 Mill Reef
140 Dancing Brave, Dubai Millennium, Sea The Stars, Shergar, Vaguely Noble, Harbinger

Some_One
04-30-2011, 12:32 PM
link
http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/timeform-features/2000-guineas-result-frankel-given-provisional-timeform-300411.html

cj
04-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Seems a little odd to arbitrarily give him two lengths because the other horses didn't show up.

MickJ26
04-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Did Queally have him geared down at the end or was he running out of gas? Frank Lyons said he was going to the whip.

horses4courses
04-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Did Queally have him geared down at the end or was he running out of gas? Frank Lyons said he was going to the whip.

I think he didn't have too much left in the tank near the end, BUT.....is it any wonder? He smoked that mile!

Some_One
04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Seems a little odd to arbitrarily give him two lengths because the other horses didn't show up.

Sounds like an adjustment for running hot pace early.

cj
04-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Sounds like an adjustment for running hot pace early.

That isn't what they said.

RXB
04-30-2011, 01:21 PM
According to the dosage, 12f should be a breeze...of course he needs to rate a little more than he did, lol.

I never lean very heavily on dosage and find it better as an eliminator rather than a confirming tool when it comes to horses stretching out. Lots of horses whose dosage profiles appear acceptable are not bred for extra distance. His dam's breeding suggested about 10f yet she was a pure sprinter so I think it's reasonable to carry some doubt about how far he'll go.

cj
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
JQajCQ1_BSA

redshift1
04-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Frankel given a provisional Timeform rating of 142.

Beyer would give him a 95

gm10
04-30-2011, 05:38 PM
I think he didn't have too much left in the tank near the end, BUT.....is it any wonder? He smoked that mile!

Queally said that he was idling in the final furlong.
To be honest, I thought he was actually weakening, but then he seemed to be running away from them again in the last half furlong.

The funny thing is, I had so far thought that Frankel was special because he has such a devastating late burst of speed.

I hope they will go for the Derby. It's (perhaps) a furlong or two further than is ideal for him, but that horse is something else, maybe he can still win it.