PDA

View Full Version : Making races official

funnsss1
04-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Could anyone explain to me how north american racetracks can make races official before they weight the jockeys.Just another example of the phoney state of racing in north america.The horse players in north america have been abused enough its time to make racing real again.

woodtoo
04-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I've noticed that in S.Cal alot,they have the results before the jocks get back to the finish line.

johnhannibalsmith
04-29-2011, 03:12 PM
It's known as the "quick official" here and most places have adopted it. Basically, a disqualification due to a rider carrying improper weight doesn't affect the mutuels anymore than a bad test would.

ETA:

A quick Google popped up this article from a while ago which deals with this situation. There are more references to the change to the "quick official" if you want to read more (try: "quick official" horse racing).

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-01-07/sports/sp-9408_1_santa-anita/2

Stillriledup
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
But the weight problems would be avoidable if they just waited an extra minute or two. I would guess that they realize simo races are going off every 5 seconds and the longer they wait to pay the people the more chance that their money wont be rebet into the race that going off at the moment.