PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan

bigmack
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
How is it I keep hearing about Rep. Ryan, "killing" Medicare?

Is someone lying?

Mike at A+
04-28-2011, 09:07 PM
What you're hearing is liberals complaining that people are too stupid to utilize the voucher system he is proposing. But then again, liberals are stupid in general.

DRIVEWAY
04-28-2011, 09:37 PM
More details

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/paul-ryans-2012-budget-medicare-plan-similar-obamacare/story?id=13431119

bigmack
04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
More details

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/paul-ryans-2012-budget-medicare-plan-similar-obamacare/story?id=13431119
Now this is weird. I've been hearing on a number of media outlets that he is killing Medicare.

Does this make Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz & all those saying he is killing Medicare, liars?

newtothegame
04-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Now this is weird. I've been hearing on a number of media outlets that he is killing Medicare.

Does this make Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz & all those saying he is killing Medicare, liars?

liars..liberals...liberals...liars...It's all interchangeable. :lol:

mostpost
04-29-2011, 12:13 AM
The Ryan plan proposes replacing Medicare for people under a certain age with a voucher system. That would kill Medicare because no one would be paying into it. I am assuming that those currently covered and those who will enter the program in the next ten years will not be kicked out.

The problem is with the vouchers. They would be used to pay for policies with private insurance companies. With Medicare you know that if you paid in you will be covered. With Ryan's plan is there a provision that Private Insurance companies will be required to provide you coverage. (I doubt if Mr. Free Market would be in favor of that) Will the amount on the voucher (I think $17K currently) be enough to pay your premiums?

The short answer is the Ryan plan would kill Medicare.

FantasticDan
04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
BM translation: I don't know jack-squat about Ryan's proposal, but I'm really concerned that some people I don't like may be lying about it :lol:

bigmack
04-29-2011, 12:33 AM
The short answer is the Ryan plan would kill Medicare.
An even shorter answer is, you're nuts.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/apr/20/democratic-congressional-campaign-committee/democrats-say-republicans-voted-end-medicare-and-c/

'Kill' means end, right?

Ocala Mike
04-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Paul Ryan is who Reagan had in mind with his observation about one of the three biggest lies: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

Republicans who side with him on this budget plan do so at their own electoral risk; many have already distanced themselves from it.

Ocala Mike

bigmack
04-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Republicans who side with him on this budget plan do so at their own electoral risk; many have already distanced themselves from it.

Do tell. What kinda number are we talkin' about with 'many' and name some names.

new Gallup/USA Today poll contains a counterintuitive finding: the age group most receptive to House Budget Chair Paul Ryan's plan to deal with the budget - seniors.

The poll finds 48 percent of seniors (those 65 and over) support Ryan's plan over President Obama's plan, while 42 percent back the president.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/ryabn.png

By the way, where is this Democratic Plan :confused:

redshift1
04-29-2011, 03:22 AM
http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Ryan-plan-puts-elderly-vote-in-play-1354246.php

Tom
04-29-2011, 07:46 AM
What you're hearing is liberals complaining that people are too stupid to utilize the voucher system he is proposing. But then again, liberals are stupid in general.

Can they use the vouchers to get the holes in their heads filled?:D

Tom
04-29-2011, 07:47 AM

No, they were all liars long before this.

Tom
04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Paul Ryan is who Reagan had in mind with his observation about one of the three biggest lies: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

Ocala Mike

I guess it comes down to is your goal to serve the country or get elected. I submit that those who do NOT go for it do so at electoral risk - many of us will distancing ourselves from them.

ArlJim78
04-29-2011, 08:10 AM
i hope you weren't being serious here.

Mike at A+
04-29-2011, 08:17 AM
The Ryan plan proposes replacing Medicare for people under a certain age with a voucher system. That would kill Medicare because no one would be paying into it.
Is that why welfare is still alive and well?

elysiantraveller
04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
A 17k voucher isn't even close enough to solving senior insurance... I'll have to read his proposal but just cutting people a check won't even come close to solving it...

Tom
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
But, it is a starting point for further discussions, but the dems STILL have nothing to offer other than rob from the rich.

elysiantraveller
04-29-2011, 09:33 AM
But, it is a starting point for further discussions, but the dems STILL have nothing to offer other than rob from the rich.

Oh I agree with that. It's a starting point. You can use it in conjunction with a a payroll tax and HSA. Do away with Medicare part A and have private insurance foot that bill. There are a lot of ways to go about solving it. A voucher program idea is a start.

ArlJim78
04-29-2011, 09:33 AM
A 17k voucher isn't even close enough to solving senior insurance... I'll have to read his proposal but just cutting people a check won't even come close to solving it...
the current system inflates cost, is subject to rampant fraud and is not sustainable. Ryans proposal takes care of all those issues.

ArlJim78
04-29-2011, 09:38 AM
The Ryan plan proposes replacing Medicare for people under a certain age with a voucher system. That would kill Medicare because no one would be paying into it.
Where did you get this idea? please provide the source.

elysiantraveller
04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
the current system inflates cost, is subject to rampant fraud and is not sustainable. Ryans proposal takes care of all those issues.

Like I said I will have to read it, but a Medigap F Plan which only pays $1294 (A & B Deductible) and your 20% medical coinsurance costs on average $1500 a year.

DRIVEWAY
04-29-2011, 11:01 AM
The devil is in the details. Obamacare is still being written. Legislators voted on
a framework. It barely passed with 60 votes. There was some gamesmanship involved to get it signed into law. The Republicans are still trying to overturn the legislation.

Is the country willing to go through this type a chaos again? Will the Republicans have the necessary majority to get it through the senate?
Will they pass Oryancare without details?

Republicans came to office in 2010 primarily because of the Obamacare debate. They'll find the exit just as quickly in 2012 because of Oryancare.

Healthcare needs to be resolved on a bipartisan basis.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-29-2011, 01:01 PM
The devil is in the details. Obamacare is still being written. Legislators voted on
a framework. It barely passed with 60 votes. There was some gamesmanship involved to get it signed into law. The Republicans are still trying to overturn the legislation.

As I recall, it only passed with 51, or at least less than 60 votes. They put it through under a procedure normally used to reconsile budgets, but sometimes regular laws and resolutions can be snuck in that waythe method often called the "Nuclear" option. This was why the Mass. Special Senate election to replace Ted Kennedy was so important - the Republican won, and the demsdidn't have 60 votes.

Ocala Mike
04-29-2011, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=bigmack]Do tell. What kinda number are we talkin' about with 'many' and name some names.

Latest split is with Pawlenty. Before that, John B. Ryan is rapidly becoming an outlier for the R's.

This guy spells "help" h-u-m-p!

Ocala Mike

DRIVEWAY
04-29-2011, 03:36 PM
As I recall, it only passed with 51, or at least less than 60 votes. They put it through under a procedure normally used to reconsile budgets, but sometimes regular laws and resolutions can be snuck in that waythe method often called the "Nuclear" option. This was why the Mass. Special Senate election to replace Ted Kennedy was so important - the Republican won, and the demsdidn't have 60 votes.

Your right. The reconciliation vote was snuck through with the "nulear option".
But I thought the original senate vote was along party lines with 60 votes.

Either way, there was zero bi-partisanship.

Tom
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
You can't serve a party and the people.
It's one or the other.

DRIVEWAY
04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
You can't serve a party and the people.
It's one or the other.

Unfortunately, things do play out that way. Ironically, it appears that 30% or more of the population consider themselves independents.

bigmack
04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Latest split is with Pawlenty. Before that, John B. Ryan is rapidly becoming an outlier for the R's.

This guy spells "help" h-u-m-p!
You've got it backwards. Ryan has a problem with the Pawlenty Plan. By the way, Pawlenty holds no office.

As I figured. You've got nothing but dopey little sayings.

hcap
04-29-2011, 05:10 PM
You've got it backwards. Ryan has a problem with the Pawlenty Plan. By the way, Pawlenty holds no office.

As I figured. You've got nothing but dopey little sayings.Speaking of Dopey. A definite resemblance between Ryan and......

http://students.ou.edu/J/Curtis.N.Johnston-1/dopey.bmp

bigmack
04-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Speaking of Dopey. A definite resemblance between Ryan and......

Buddy-up with SugarRon. Your mothership is running with Ed Munster. That should help things.

Ah, the level of brilliance by your camp. Breathtaking.

hcap
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
You are apparently hung up on motherships.
Maybe Obama arrived here when he was a little baby via mothership?.....

Oh wait that would mean he is really a republican. Never mind

bigmack
04-29-2011, 05:51 PM
You are apparently hung up on motherships.
Maybe Obama arrived here when he was a little baby via mothership?.....

Oh wait that would mean he is really a republican. Never mind
O....K.... That's as clever as you get, huh? Wow.

You know the mothership well. ThinkProgress, DailyKos, MediaMatters, Huffingtoon, DemoUnder, MSNBC...

Keeps you thinking in progression. Progression. Progression.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ha0cQfoF6w/TZX__lpOm8I/AAAAAAAAB_Q/3tCAPKuUkIs/s1600/tunnel-vision.jpg

hcap
04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
O....K.... That's as clever as you get, huh? Wow.

You know the mothership well. ThinkProgress, DailyKos, MediaMatters, Huffingtoon, DemoUnder, MSNBC...

Keeps you thinking in progression. Progression. Progression.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ha0cQfoF6w/TZX__lpOm8I/AAAAAAAAB_Q/3tCAPKuUkIs/s1600/tunnel-vision.jpgLooks like you and bud t_toe posting to each other typical flat wasted witticisms about Sarah Silverman or Louie What's His Name?

bigmack
04-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Looks like you and bud t_toe posting to each other typical flat wasted witticisms about Sarah Silverman or Louie What's His Name?
Not a peep about the Ryan Plan but a cartoon about his looks.

You've become an even sadder facsimile than your former self.

hcap
04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Not a peep about the Ryan Plan but a cartoon about his looks.

You've become an even sadder facsimile than your former self.Mostpost has already debunked you and Ryan. I will simply point to your record of being totally wrong on all issues.
From Obama Nazi Youth Camps to GW, to birterism. (Surprised you are not supporting boxcar om the Interesting Find thread. I guess his "appearance of age" bullshit is even too much for you)

BTW, Ryan is going to be a great help to Obama and the Dems in 2012

bigmack
04-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Mostpost has already debunked you and Ryan.
Where is that?

hcap
04-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Where is that?Post # 6. Lack of reading comphrehension does not fall under the Twinlie Defense. Except maybe to the Twinkee

bigmack
04-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Post # 6. Lack of reading comphrehension does not fall under the Twinlie Defense. Except maybe to the Twinkee
:lol: :lol:

It was already debunked. mosty hasn't been back to answer any questions of him.

Buzz off. You offer nothing but little kiddie games. Don't say blood libel, anyone. Panties will twist. :D

Tom
04-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Where is that?

Well, he didn't, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, and slept in a bunk bed!

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2011, 06:09 PM
BTW, Ryan is going to be a great help to Obama and the Dems in 2012Something tells me you'd be saying that about any rising, young Republican star...in fact, you said the same thing about Sarah Palin.

Too bad you can't lay the "he's a moron with the IQ of a rock" label on Ryan like you did Palin, although I'm sure you'll try...in fact, I think you may have already, but I can't be sure.

hcap
05-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Something tells me you'd be saying that about any rising, young Republican star...in fact, you said the same thing about Sarah Palin.

Too bad you can't lay the "he's a moron with the IQ of a rock" label on Ryan like you did Palin, although I'm sure you'll try...in fact, I think you may have already, but I can't be sure.Gee, how exactly is calling Palin a moron different than calling Obama and wife morons, traitors or un American?

And yes if Palins' idiotic policies had any chance of being law, it would probably be worse than Ryans' destruction of social safety nets. At least Ryan kept his nose out of the birher crap.

rastajenk
05-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Do her past performances show a trend of deliberately crushing the hopes and dreams of Alaskans and Wasillians while claiming to be their savior? Not in the Form I'm looking at.

Tom
05-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Gee, how exactly is calling Palin a moron different than calling Obama and wife morons, traitors or un American?

Barry and Mrs. Soetoro ARE , for starters. FOOL! :D

fast4522
05-01-2011, 10:44 AM
This is all I want to call them!

Valuist
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Too bad Ryan isn't likely to run for President until 2016.

bigmack
05-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Too bad Ryan isn't likely to run for President until 2016.
Completely agree. Darn shame we can't have one of the fresh faces step forward.

Anyone seen mosty? He has a few questions open in this thread.

hcap
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Completely agree. Darn shame we can't have one of the fresh faces step forward.
Another fresh face that could run in '016

http://www.jimmyakin.org/images/grandpa_munster.jpg

bigmack
05-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Another fresh face that could run in '016
Atta boy. Suck on that Mothership tailpipe. Breathe deep now.

Have you seen a cost cutting plan from any Dem :confused:

Clowns just don't seem to get it. Debt. What debt?

hcap
05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Atta boy. Suck on that Mothership tailpipe. Breathe deep now.

Look at it this way, there won't be ANY damn problems with family origin and Eddies BC. Unless the Donald is also running in '16

http://www.filmfan.com/images/decarlo/DeCarlo_Gwynne_Color.jpg

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
And when you make fun of Obama's looks, hell, if you make fun of Obama at all, you're labeled a racist.

Must be nice to be a left-leaner... :lol: You folks have all the bases covered.

No wonder the Democratic party will never be a parter in ridding the world of racism. They use its existence to their advantage now more than ever...

hcap
05-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Not my fault Ryan looks like a 60's black and white tv character. I have no problem with any body posting Obama as Herman. But how about the republican congresswoman posting this?

http://inlandpolitics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Obama-Chimp-Mailer.jpg

I admit there were chimp photos of Bush. But not by any democratic office holders. So not everything done now to Obama was done equally to Budh as you seem to maintain as dogma. Rethugs are worse

Tom
05-02-2011, 07:47 AM
What a handsome family!

Sugar Ron
05-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Too funny, hcap

Been a great last few weeks for BO

First he exposes Eddie as a fraud ... then he punks the "carnival barker" with the bad hair ... and now he stuffs con blowhards like Hannity who claimed he was 'soft on terror' and 'weak on defense'.

LMAO

The only soft thing is that spare tire around your mid-section, Hannity.

bigmack
05-02-2011, 02:09 PM
You forgot your mental state. It's soft at best.

What a laugh riot it would be to actually see a nerd like you, with your IQ, to actually stop and debate an issue.

You must be proud. Mind like oatmeal.

Valuist
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Too funny, hcap

Been a great last few weeks for BO

First he exposes Eddie as a fraud ... then he punks the "carnival barker" with the bad hair ... and now he stuffs con blowhards like Hannity who claimed he was 'soft on terror' and 'weak on defense'.

LMAO

How was Ryan exposed as a fraud? Do tell.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2011, 11:09 PM
How was Ryan exposed as a fraud? Do tell.He won't because he can't. He's one of those "hit and run" types anyway. A real snooze fest actually.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Not my fault Ryan looks like a 60's black and white tv character. I have no problem with any body posting Obama as Herman. But how about the republican congresswoman posting this?

http://inlandpolitics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Obama-Chimp-Mailer.jpg

I admit there were chimp photos of Bush. But not by any democratic office holders. So not everything done now to Obama was done equally to Budh as you seem to maintain as dogma. Rethugs are worseRepublican CONGRESSWOMAN? Really now...more stellar research from you I see... :rolleyes:

I really want to take down this picture from the board. I don't need you writing on here in about 5 months how I allow racist pictures of Obama to be posted here...of course you'll fail to mention that YOU were the one who posted it...

hcap
05-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Republican CONGRESSWOMAN? Really now...more stellar research from you I see... :rolleyes:

I really want to take down this picture from the board. I don't need you writing on here in about 5 months how I allow racist pictures of Obama to be posted here...of course you'll fail to mention that YOU were the one who posted it...Do what you want. Changes nothing

" Marilyn Davenport - an elected member of the central committee of the Republican Party of Orange County and Tea Party activist - sent the picture to colleagues in an email leaked to the press this weekend.

It was accompanied with the caption: "Now you know why – no birth certificate!" - a reference to the 'birther' movement's claims that Obama's presidency is illegitimate as he cannot prove he was born in America."

Read more: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/77878,people,news,outrage-at-republicans-barack-obama-chimpanzee-pic#ixzz1LGWc3R8m

bigmack
05-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Marilyn Davenport - an elected member of the central committee of the Republican Party of Orange County and Tea Party activist - sent the picture to colleagues in an email leaked to the press this weekend.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/assets_c/2011/04/Marilyn_Davenport_OCW_9-thumb-550x364.jpg

There she is. Go get her, hcap. That damn racist old biddy.

I've heard her interviewed locally. She sounds like a naive, elder woman who wouldn't know a racist email from a zip file.

Nice work Inspector. Keep that shit alive. :D

By the way, anybody seen mosty. He bailed again. That makes about 32 times now.

hcap
05-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Look PA said "And when you make fun of Obama's looks, hell, if you make fun of Obama at all, you're labeled a racist"

I was simply pointing out that joking about Ryan looking like Eddie was minor compared to a Rethug official (granted-not a congresswomen) posting chimp jokes about Obama

bigmack
05-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Look PA said "And when you make fun of Obama's looks, hell, if you make fun of Obama at all, you're labeled a racist"

I was simply pointing out that joking about Ryan looking like Eddie was minor compared to a Rethug official (granted-not a congresswomen) posting chimp jokes about Obama
Why don't you try acting like an adult and address the issue at hand?

hcap
05-03-2011, 03:39 AM
Why don't you try acting like an adult and address the issue at hand?
Like does Ryan ACTUALLY look like Eddie?
I think so. How many absurd pictures has the rightie contingent here posted here about Obama?

What issue? Destroying Social Security and greasing the very rich off the backs of the poor and middle class? I think the rethugs will dump most of Ryan as the numbers show just how unpopular his grand plan is.

bigmack
05-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Destroying Social Security and greasing the very rich off the backs of the poor and middle class?
Go ahead and back that up. I'll wait.

hcap
05-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Common knowledge and common sense. And a overwhelming majority of the public agrees.

bigmack
05-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Common knowledge and common sense. And a overwhelming majority of the public agrees.
Really? Check the poll in post 10. Again, where is the Dem plan? Tax the rich? :lol:

Here's the plan. Show me where he destroys SS.
http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/Plan/

Put up or shut up.

rastajenk
05-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Go ahead and back that up. I'll wait.But don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for a response to my post #43 about Palin's idiotic scorched earth policies.

Sugar Ron
05-03-2011, 01:43 PM
How was Ryan exposed as a fraud? Do tell.

Eddie "voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my health care bill, but wasn't paid for." -- BO, 4/14/11

Sugar Ron
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
You forgot your mental state. It's soft at best.

What a laugh riot it would be to actually see a nerd like you, with your IQ, to actually stop and debate an issue.

You must be proud. Mind like oatmeal.

LOL ... having enough fun watching mostpost and hcap make chumps out you and the other cons.

rastajenk
05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
How do you "unpay" for tax cuts?

bigmack
05-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Has ANYONE seen mosty or hcap? They have submitted incomplete reports.

Another day of this and a note will be sent home to their mommies and they will be declared frauds for the umpteenth time.

hcap
06-14-2011, 04:14 AM
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/its-the-health-care-costs-stupid/

Krugman

...The larger point is that we don’t have a Medicare problem, we have a health care cost problem. And Medicare actually does a better job of controlling costs than private insurers — not remotely good enough, but better.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/06/12/opinion/061211krugman2/061211krugman2-blog480.jpg

SOURCE OF CHART:
https://www.cms.gov/nationalhealthexpenddata/02_nationalhealthaccountshistorical.asp

More Krugman

....If Medicare costs had risen as fast as private insurance premiums, it would cost around 40 percent more than it does. If private insurers had done as well as Medicare at controlling costs, insurance would be a lot cheaper.

It’s a mystery why anyone claims that shifting more people into private insurance is a good idea. Actually, no, it isn’t a mystery; it’s an outrage.