PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Baze is BAAAACK!

Stillriledup
04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
WTG TYLER!

:ThmbUp:

duncan04
04-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Good to see him back in the winners circle!! :ThmbUp: Also like Vic's announcement of him in the winners circle!

Zippy Chippy
04-28-2011, 06:58 PM
:ThmbUp: Great Call Vic

v j stauffer
04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Couldn't be happier for Tyler. Great to see.

Stillriledup
04-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Couldn't be happier for Tyler. Great to see.

He was really pumped up after that win. Kudos go to Peter Miller for using a jock who's just coming back....many owners and trainers would just wait a few weeks to let the guy get his timing and strength back. Good stuff from Pete.

pandy
04-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Historically many top riders have struggled at certain times in their careers coming back from injuries, mainly because they lose their connections as trainers stick with the rider that replaced them. It really is a tough business, they don't get paid when they don't ride and then have to build their business all over again. And sometimes when they had a bad injury trainers and even the media questions their courage and skill, as if they magically lost their talent.

Top riders like Krone, Mike Smith, Bill Shoemaker, and Jorge Chavez, all struggled after coming back from bad injuries and had to prove themselves all over again. Before Shoe won the Derby with Ferdinand, a brilliant ride when he burst through a tight opening on the inside, some writers in the press and even some trainers were saying that he had lost his nerve to race inside because of his injury. Fortunately the Bald Eagle didn't buy into that crap and history was made.

Glad to see Tyler back.

JustRalph
08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
My Fav California jock. Congrats on the comeback continuing :ThmbUp:

http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_18633168

statepierback
08-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Its quite a come back story. Look forward to seeing more. My biggest payday at the race track was keyed by T'Bone when he went wire to wire at $26.80 with a maiden I'd been waiting to bet back. :)

Fingal
08-11-2011, 11:44 AM
The personal problems of Tyler have been documented, but IMO when he first started turning around his career on a consistent basis was when he got his teeth fixed. Anybody that's had bad ones knows that it's a major distraction.

Once he had them fixed & then got those braces off his attitude underwent a major adjustment. And those flashes of brilliance became more often. :jump:

Marshall Bennett
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Tyler in my opinion even to this day is the most underrated jockey in North America. He's really damn good and has never got that respect. I only wish him the best because he really deserves it.

pktruckdriver
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Congrats, let hope he visits the great north soon. :jump::jump:

patrick

Stillriledup
01-31-2014, 01:02 AM
Tyler is back and better than ever.

He's moving horses up 2 to 5 lengths on everyone. Horses with 'no shot' on paper are hitting the superfecta and some are winning, this is a hard guy to beat right now, he's muscling horses into the top 4 at HUGE odds. He' winning horse races with slugs like Tiz Futurity, i don't know what that means, but its not our job to ask how, its our job to try and take advantage of it.

Toss Tyler at your own risk, especially if the horse shows nothing.

menifee
01-31-2014, 07:11 PM
Just cost me the p6.

He gave that 11 one hell of a ride on 1/31 SA 7 and got a 19-1 home. He put them to sleep. I don't what Gary Stevens was doing. He could not get the horse out of the gate.

JustRalph
01-31-2014, 08:52 PM
Just cost me the p6.

He gave that 11 one hell of a ride on 1/31 SA 7 and got a 19-1 home. He put them to sleep. I don't what Gary Stevens was doing. He could not get the horse out of the gate.

Made it look easy. From 22-1 to 19-1 from the top of the turn.

Dark Horse
01-31-2014, 11:18 PM
I did get the win with the 11 Zia Zia Zia (20/1). Good thing, because two races earlier, on the same downhill turf, Baze came off the rail very wide around the turn, on a horse without a prayer, bumping the favorite and opening up the rail for the 1, who went on to win. You couldn't set it up any nicer...

Kind of a frustrating win, even at 20/1, because I had played the 2 and 11, and forgot to add a 2-11 ex box (returned 145/1), which I would do standard at these odds. *curses* Not too many of those come around.

Anyway. Thanks Zia Zia Zia.

WJ47
02-01-2014, 02:13 PM
He really seems to have a way with horses. His mounts look relaxed walking to the gate. I always see him petting them in the post parade. I'm glad to see he's doing good!

Stillriledup
02-09-2014, 04:05 PM
He really seems to have a way with horses. His mounts look relaxed walking to the gate. I always see him petting them in the post parade. I'm glad to see he's doing good!

He's a true natural talent, he was born to ride, hopefully he can stay on the straight and narrow and fulfill his hall of fame potential.

Del Park
02-25-2014, 01:05 PM
The kid is great!!!!!! has some problems????????????? But he can ride!!!!!

Stillriledup
02-25-2014, 09:45 PM
The kid is great!!!!!! has some problems????????????? But he can ride!!!!!

He sure can. :ThmbUp: