PDA

View Full Version : Netcapper

thistledown
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
:confused:Does anyone know how to install NETCAPPER on a 64bit windows 7 computer? I havent used this program in over a year, and i just bought a new computer. Im trying to get it installed but i receive multible Error messages. I have sent couple of e-mails to Gordon Pine and left voice mails with NO REPLYS. Please, any help?

touchofsoul
04-26-2011, 12:16 PM
if you have windows 7 professional or higher you can use the virtual xp node .it will work. thats how i use most of all my older progs

thistledown
04-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I dont have Windows 7 Professional. Just Windows 7 home edition. Is GORDON PINE still around? This install of NETCAPPER is giving me fits.. I have no clue where to turn, to get it installed. Anyone out there using Netcapper? Thanks:confused:

GameTheory
04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Do you happen to have an old Windows XP or Vista install CD for an earlier system you might have retired? If so, you can use VirtualBox to make a virtual machine and it will run on that.

Some older programs just WILL NOT WORK on Win7 (although most will, don't really know what causes it), so you may have to go the VM route.

thistledown
04-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes I have a Windows Vista Install CD. How do you make a VIRTUAL-BOX? I have never heard of that! EXACTLY what does that do? Im very intriqued with the idea.:cool:

GameTheory
04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Yes I have a Windows Vista Install CD. How do you make a VIRTUAL-BOX? I have never heard of that! EXACTLY what does that do? Im very intriqued with the idea.:cool:It runs a copy of Vista "inside" your Win7 OS. Send me a PM and I'll help you set it up...

RichieP
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
It runs a copy of Vista "inside" your Win7 OS. Send me a PM and I'll help you set it up...

You're a class act "GT" :):ThmbUp:

thistledown
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi. I seen your message on Paceadvantage. How do you install a Virtualbox with Windows 7? Im not very computer savey here on my end.. So any help i would greatly appriciate.. Thanks:confused:

GameTheory
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi. I seen your message on Paceadvantage. How do you install a Virtualbox with Windows 7? Im not very computer savey here on my end.. So any help i would greatly appriciate.. Thanks:confused:Ouch...not even savvy enough to send a PM. I'm sending you a PM -- don't respond in this thread! (Look in the upper right of your screen under your username for "private messages".)

thistledown
05-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Gordon got back with me a few days ago.. Had me CREATE and MOVE a couple of files in Windows 7.. Took about 10 minutes.. NOW, Up and Running with zero problems.. Just want to give a shout out to GORDON PINE for the Great job. Easy STEP by STEP instructions. Thanks Gordon...

jwolpert
05-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Download a copy of VMware Player - then install XP on it. Just follow the on screen instructions.

harntrox
05-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Windows 7 Home needs VMWare, Win7 Pro or Ultimate will run XP emulation out of the box.

Nets
05-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I know I can install VMWare and then need to install a copy of Windows XP. All I have is the "reinstallation CD" for Windows XP from my prior laptop. Will this CD work? Thanks

GameTheory
05-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I know I can install VMWare and then need to install a copy of Windows XP. All I have is the "reinstallation CD" for Windows XP from my prior laptop. Will this CD work? ThanksOne way to find out -- there is no risk to it. VirtualBox (free) is preferable to free VMWare player, btw.

Nets
05-12-2011, 12:52 PM
One way to find out -- there is no risk to it. VirtualBox (free) is preferable to free VMWare player, btw.

Thanks GT!

Pfranktdn9
05-29-2021, 11:04 AM
Good morning. I purchased the Netcapper software about 10 years ago and I have not used it in years. I would like to install the Netcapper software on a windows 10 computer. Would you be able to send me information about how to install the Netcapper software on a windows 10 computer?

geroge.burns99
05-29-2021, 04:26 PM
Good morning. I purchased the Netcapper software about 10 years ago and I have not used it in years. I would like to install the Netcapper software on a windows 10 computer. Would you be able to send me information about how to install the Netcapper software on a windows 10 computer?

AS this thread suggested....

Use Virtual Box ........you can learn it via You Tube Videos.....

I have Windows XP ...Windows 7......Windows 8 at my disposal

But heres the issue....

Does Netcapper only work on Windows 7 and prior?

If so , you would also need a Windows 7 Install Disk or FILE

and another Drive to do all this on.....I wont use it on my main drive !!!!

GB