PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant denied my pepperoni calzone order because.... (LOL)

Zippy Chippy
04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
My father and I were getting lunch. He ordered a burger and i got a pepperoni calzone. We were with about 5 other people. Everyone got their lunch and I dind't get mine yet. The waitress didn't say anything and then I saw the cook come out of the back and over to my table, and said to me.

"I'm sorry, I can't make you a pepperoni calzone, because If I make you a pepperoni calzone we won't have any pepperoni if people order pizzas!!!!"

Have you ever heard a more ridiculous statement in your life???????????
I didn't put up a stink. I just ordered a burger, but we all got a great laugh out of it.

Anyone have any bad/similar bad restaurant service stories.

Rookies
04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Once had one that said something very similar:

" Can't sell you all of that type of donut sir, because we'd run out. "

Duhhhhhh... foolish me. I thought that was the purpose of capitalism...

TO SELL OUT !!!:rolleyes:

Mike at A+
04-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Somewhat similar but not "denied" for the same reason as you. While visiting Colonial Williamsburg a few years ago, we stopped for dinner in a local Mexican restaurant. I ordered something typical like enchiladas or chimichonga (I forget which but it was probably one of those two). The menu said it came with the usual sides like pico de gallo, rice and beans. When my dish arrived, there was no rice. When I asked the waiter, he said they ran out of rice. How the hell does a Mexican restaurant run out of rice?

mostpost
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
My father and I were getting lunch. He ordered a burger and i got a pepperoni calzone. We were with about 5 other people. Everyone got their lunch and I dind't get mine yet. The waitress didn't say anything and then I saw the cook come out of the back and over to my table, and said to me.

"I'm sorry, I can't make you a pepperoni calzone, because If I make you a pepperoni calzone we won't have any pepperoni if people order pizzas!!!!"

I didn't put up a stink. I just ordered a burger, but we all got a great laugh out of it.

How many pizzas can be made out of the pepperoni in one pepperoni calzone?

If you ordered first, the pepperoni is yours.

mostpost
04-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Once had one that said something very similar:

" Can't sell you all of that type of donut sir, because we'd run out. "

Duhhhhhh... foolish me. I thought that was the purpose of capitalism...

TO SELL OUT !!!:rolleyes:
You probably ordered 200 dozen! How selfish of you!

Tom
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
If you ordered first, the pepperoni is yours.
Unless the owner says otherwise.

PhantomOnTour
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I feel a political discussion coming on....the usual combatants are in the ring
:lol:

DJofSD
04-26-2011, 02:19 PM
No substitutions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtfNE4z6a8

Canarsie
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
While that is incredibly stupid they should have offered you the choice of anything on the menu gratis. One time I went out to eat with my wife at a restaurant near Monmouth Park and it turned out there was a huge birthday celebration for a large party. We waited a real long time for our food and the manager came over and said "I'm really sorry you can have anything on the menu for dessert on me". Believe it or not their portions are huge we both turned down the offer but we appreciated that he noticed. Btw that restaurant is stil alive and kicking 20 years later.

My question is will you ever go back there?

Dave Schwartz
04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
I recall going into a vitamin store to buy something with a $20 bill. The cashier said, "If I make change for you then I won't have change for the next person."

I said, "So, if I go out the door and the next person comes in needing change for a $20, what will you do?"

She said, "Well, that is my point. I will be able to sell them something!"

"So, you will refuse to sell to me but you will sell to them?"

"Well, it really isn't like that. I just don't want to be without change."

"Why do you not want to be without change?" I asked?

"I just explained. Because I won't be able to sell anything."

"So, in order to be able to sell something, you have to refuse to sell?"

Seriously... it could have been a Seinfeld episode. She finally told me to "have a nice day." I left without purchasing but could not wait to come back and tell the owner of the store. Surprisingly, he agreed with her. LOL

FantasticDan
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
kMimygVTgbU

PhantomOnTour
04-26-2011, 03:13 PM

As an owner/manager this move is unacceptable. Just sell you want you want and then 86 pepperoni for the rest of the shift...OR...send someone out to the store to buy some!!!
Obviously they didn't come in on the delivery or they weren't ordered.
Seems like an Italian place so they must have pepperoni on hand or don't bother opening. The MOD or chef needs to fix that. We routinely have to go buy limes or olive juice or whatever...get it done and execute the shift.

Zippy Chippy
04-26-2011, 03:32 PM
It was a restaurant that is at the golf course we play so it can't be avoided, but I think it will just be drinks from now on

toetoe
04-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Maybe the Pepperoni Czar imposed a rationing system ? We must sometimes deny ourselves for the greater good, after all. I dream of a country with pepperoni for all ... meantime, it will go exclusively to the Pizza Partisans. :D

Years ago, I drove a van for the trainmen in Richmond, Ca. I steered them to a deli with good coffee. One guy, seeing the coffeepot empty, asked the proprietor to brew some fresh, of which my guy would buy a Thermosful.

Proprietor: "Sorry, I don't make coffee this late in the day --- it just goes to waste."

All of us: "Huh ? Even if we pay extra ?"

This guy would make a great bureaucrat. He can't provide a product/service because of an anecdotally based policy strictly enforced, even in the face of an established need for the service/product. Of course, the Thermos would guzzle three quarters of the coffeepot. :faint:

ldiatone
04-26-2011, 05:21 PM
oh for gods sake..... he should have put salami---proscuitto--or--capacola in the damn cal, and no one would have ever known :rolleyes: hell, cut some ham and season it w/ some cajun seasoning and presto! :cool:

RichieP
04-26-2011, 07:14 PM
oh for gods sake..... he should have put salami---proscuitto--or--capacola in the damn cal, and no one would have ever known :rolleyes: hell, cut some ham and season it w/ some cajun seasoning and presto! :cool:

Lmao! Tell em how it's done Chef :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

For you and the Mrs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFcXsIY3BE

Jay Trotter
04-26-2011, 07:36 PM
And of course, the all time classic....

The Best of The Soup Nazi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA)

goforgin
04-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Fella's from work went to the local Chinese restaurant a few years ago. We were the first ones there, got our orders in and food brought out. Then the power went out in the place. Another group came in just then and the lady owner of the place stops them before they sit down, "no pow-a, no pow-a". They coundn't understand her and seeing us sitting there eating thought she was saying they were out of kung pow or something. "No pow-a". They said that's okay, pointed to our table, and said "we'll have what they're eating".

nijinski
04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh Boy , rationing pepperoni . Must have something to do with the price of gas .

CryingForTheHorses
04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
kMimygVTgbU

He is a funny guy..Love him :lol:

ldiatone
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaASyRFXTj4