PDA

View Full Version : Betfair/TVG Exchange Wagering Report

Canarsie
04-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Just downloaded it the size is over 2 megs. I haven't read it yet just posting it if others want to have the info. Now remember this report was commissioned by Betfair you may want to take it with a grain of salt after reading it in it's entirety.

http://ccaexchangereport.com/

Paulick Report link

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/tvg-says-exchange-wagering-will-stimulate-u-s-racing/

andymays
04-25-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62681/report-supports-exchange-wagering-in-us

A study commissioned by the TVG network has concluded that “exchange wagering provides an important option to grow the audience and participation in the sport in the U.S.,” according to the report conducted by Christiansen Capital Advisors.

Results of the study, entitled “Exchange Betting and the United States Thoroughbred Racing Industry,” was released April 25 by TVG, the interactive horseracing network and advanced deposit wagering company that is a subsidiary of Betfair Group.

According to a synopsis of the report, “introducing new, more competitive wagering options such as exchange wagering for tech savvy consumers should provide a positive impact for horseracing in the U.S. as horseracing adapts to the digital age."

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62681/report-supports-exchange-wagering-in-us#ixzz1KYOyol7W

andymays
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
I just want to know how much they're going to charge for winning wagers. Is California going to be shafted? I can live with 6% but not 12%. At 12% we have another war.

GameTheory
04-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah, a Betfair-commissioned report concludes exchange wagering would be a good idea? No kidding.

Nevertheless, I'm already sold. I would love to have it here, as long as they can keep the rates low like they do in the UK.

toussaud
04-25-2011, 12:51 PM
AS long as the tracks don't get shafted I'm happy with it. I mean we talk about greedy people in the and all but I mean, there is a point where the tracks have to make a living

horses4courses
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
AS long as the tracks don't get shafted I'm happy with it. I mean we talk about greedy people in the and all but I mean, there is a point where the tracks have to make a living

Agreed.
It would be a refreshing change, and a great new option for wagering.
The tracks need their fair share, and it won't cure their problems.

We all know, too, that this "report" is the equivalent of a paid info-mercial.

toussaud
04-25-2011, 01:32 PM
i don't understand what makes betfair think they are going to have a monopoly over exchange wagering. if it's legal it's legal for all of the aDW's to persue wouldn't it be easier for me to just use it on my xpressbet account then to sign up with a betfair account?

though with exchange wagering you have more incentive to sign up with all of the adw's

highnote
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
i don't understand what makes betfair think they are going to have a monopoly over exchange wagering. if it's legal it's legal for all of the aDW's to persue wouldn't it be easier for me to just use it on my xpressbet account then to sign up with a betfair account?

though with exchange wagering you have more incentive to sign up with all of the adw's

I've always been an advocate of a central authority running the betting exchange -- like Equibase, for example. Then all the tracks participate in a revenue sharing program like the NFL, so that small tracks don't get shut out of an important market. Plus with a central exchange the pools would be more liquid and, hopefully, less prone to cheaters.

I agree with the Bloodhorse article that exchange wagering will increase the customer base, but I am not convinced it will increase the amount of after tax profit for racetracks. However, I am not convinced that it won't. I suppose it depends on the takeout. If takeout is too high there will be too few bettors and if takeout is too low there won't be enough revenue for tracks to remain in business. As far as the optimal price, it is hard to say.

Robert Goren
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I just want to know how much they're going to charge for winning wagers. Is California going to be shafted? I can live with 6% but not 12%. At 12% we have another war.I could live very well with parimutuel if the rate was 6%.

usedtolovetvg
04-25-2011, 02:44 PM

A totally different platform. Current ADWs would probably have to scramble to get it up and operating. It would be questionable if they could do it as well as Betfair in the short term. This is Betfair's core business and something they have been perfecting or trying to for a decade.

satrabyk
04-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but a reason why handle may not have been impacted in GB and Australia is that Betfair competes with legal bookmakers who offer fixed prices. I am sure that this was available even before Betfair came along ...

Some_One
04-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Just remember, Betfair has US racing now on the exchange which everyone in the world. The key will be will the goverment in the US force them to only accept wagers from within a jurisdiction only, I'm not sure if BF will go for that as they have't done that with Italy or France which has this type of restriction now for internet gambling.