PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic City Race Course

Tampa Russ
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm planning on being at ACRC on Saturday April 30th, weather permitting. This will be my first visit to the facility for live racing. My only other visit was a stop by on my way to MTH 2 years ago to take a few photos.

Can anyone tell me if any part of the grandstand is accessible for live racing, or is it apron viewing only? If so, can I just park a lawn chair somewhere on the apron? Also, do they have simulcasting during live racing?

Shemp Howard
04-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Last year it was apron only. The seats are all gone. The do simulcasting; that's why they run these cards. NJ law.

DSB
04-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Well I was there opening day and there were plenty of seats in the grandstand. Hopefully they didn't remove them after the card was over.

You had to go down to the track level to make a bet then watch either on the apron or from the seats.

I'll make it again this year...

Manila
04-25-2011, 06:53 AM
First three days card are full fields and all turf. I'm all in! :cool:

macguy
04-25-2011, 10:11 AM
First three days card are full fields and all turf. I'm all in! :cool:

Wow full field of 12 in all races.

I suppose there are horses out there.

point given
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Careful , from what i recall, the past was pretty chalky even with big fields.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inp&country=USA&track=ATL&date=2011-04-28

castaway01
04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Bet wherever you want if you can bet it, but remember these are horses pointing for these races on this turf course; keep your eyes open.

Spiderman
04-25-2011, 04:39 PM
$20 win bet will bang the odds from 5-1 to 4-1.

sonnyp
04-25-2011, 04:49 PM
anybody with a clunker says" what the hell, lets try em on turf". cant get in cheap on turf at other tracks around there.

Delawaretrainer
04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
I definately recommend going. The toteboard is all broken, the grandstand is falling down and the parking lot has weeds growing in it but it has history. A lot of local people go and bring the family so you see kids rooting for the horses. You feel like you have a triple crown horse with everyone watching the paddock.

It will be interesting to watch. Everything is starter allowance I think because they can't do the administrative side of claiming. I am guilty of bringing over a cheaper horse to try her on the turf since the turf claiming bottom went up this year at Delaware.

Beachbabe
04-25-2011, 05:50 PM

You do know that there are only 6 races a day there ?

Track Collector
04-25-2011, 05:59 PM
You do know that there are only 6 races a day there ?

Last word I heard was 6 races each day, with the exception of 7 on the last day.

Tampa Russ
04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I definately recommend going. The toteboard is all broken, the grandstand is falling down and the parking lot has weeds growing in it but it has history. A lot of local people go and bring the family so you see kids rooting for the horses. You feel like you have a triple crown horse with everyone watching the paddock.

It will be interesting to watch. Everything is starter allowance I think because they can't do the administrative side of claiming. I am guilty of bringing over a cheaper horse to try her on the turf since the turf claiming bottom went up this year at Delaware.

The "no claiming" does make sense from an admin standpoint. I'll be there Saturday.

njcurveball
04-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Can anyone tell me if any part of the grandstand is accessible for live racing, or is it apron viewing only? If so, can I just park a lawn chair somewhere on the apron? Also, do they have simulcasting during live racing?

Many people bring lawn chairs and sit by the 1/16th pole or a bit further toward the stretch turn.

They closed the 2nd floor Grandstand, the 3rd floor seats and all of the clubhouse.

There are seats above the apron which are open. That used to be the horsemen's area.

It is a mad rush at 1 minute to post to get up the one stairwell leading to them. No betting machines are available at that level.

It makes no sense at all for them not have the first floor of the clubhouse open. I know the Elevator probably does not work any more which is their usual excuse.

Betting lines will be long again as there is Simulcasting during the card.

If you play, good luck!

Jim

cnollfan
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Last year speed horses did much better at Atl than the turf norm.

Tampa Russ
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Many people bring lawn chairs and sit by the 1/16th pole or a bit further toward the stretch turn.

They closed the 2nd floor Grandstand, the 3rd floor seats and all of the clubhouse.

There are seats above the apron which are open. That used to be the horsemen's area.

It is a mad rush at 1 minute to post to get up the one stairwell leading to them. No betting machines are available at that level.

It makes no sense at all for them not have the first floor of the clubhouse open. I know the Elevator probably does not work any more which is their usual excuse.

Betting lines will be long again as there is Simulcasting during the card.

If you play, good luck!

Jim

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to it.

Kelso
04-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Last year speed horses did much better at Atl than the turf norm.Followed through at MTH, as well. Seemed, at least to me, that an abnormally high percentage of front-runners won at MTH in '10.

Manila
04-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow Eldaafer in at AC Saturday!

Tampa Russ
05-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Just wanted to say that I did make it to ACRC last Saturday. Had a fantastic time. Loved the fact that they had a nice crowd on hand, and an enthusiastic one at that. Met a few people who work at the place leading up to and during the live meet. They just seemed thrilled to talk to the fans...answered all of my questions. There's just something special about this place, and I have a feeling that somehow, this place will become a success story.