PDA

View Full Version : Equibase not reporting use of Bute at Hollywood anymore?

macguy
04-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Didn't notice anything that mentioned Equibase was not going to report the use of Bute anymore at Hollywood Park.

Is it just not being reported anymore?

Haven't heard of any medication rules changes in California.

Mineshaft
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
i dont think its ever reported.

macguy
04-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Sure it is, the Equibase charts for years have identified "BL" under medication for Bute and Lasix. They were still reporting Bute for the Santa Anita meet, but I see now with the start of the Hollywood meet Bute is no longer show in the Full Charts.

senortout
04-25-2011, 02:10 AM
You are more than likely noticing bute listed only on those horses shipping into CA. from out of state. Once the pps of their CA. races are added, this med will disappear.....after all they all get bute, I should say well over 90 % do anyways. I will admit that this should not be allowed, however. All meds administered should appear on the pps regardless of the state raced in.

ANYBODY LISTENING?

WE NEED UNIFORM RULES FOR RACING ACROSS ALL JURISDICTIONS....

AND,

WE NEED SOMEONE TO ENFORCE THOSE RULES!

macguy
04-25-2011, 10:08 AM
You are more than likely noticing bute listed only on those horses shipping into CA. from out of state. Once the pps of their CA. races are added, this med will disappear.....after all they all get bute, I should say well over 90 % do anyways. I will admit that this should not be allowed, however. All meds administered should appear on the pps regardless of the state raced in.

There was definitely a change in the reporting. It's not just horses that have just shipped in.

Check out the charts from the last race on the last day at Santa Anita
http://equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?RACE=10&BorP=P&TID=SA&CTRY=USA&DT=04/17/2011&DAY=D&STYLE=EQB

All horses under medication are listed as using Bute and Lasix.

Now check out the chart for the Hollywood meet yesterday.
http://equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/HOL042411USA9.pdf

Not a single horse is listed as running on Bute, all are running on Lasix.

:confused: