PDA

View Full Version : Everyone played the wrong P6

Light
04-24-2011, 06:58 PM
While everyone was concentrated on GP's P6 yesterday some savvy dude or dudette cashed at LS today for the lone 10 cent Fortune 6 for almost 17K. What's amazing about that? The first 5 winners were either the first or 2nd ML chalk and nothing paid more than $9.40. There was a 3/5 to start it and a $4.40 horse. Can you make it any easier? OK Last race winner paid $15.80 but one of only 2 horses with a major drop in class so had to include. Sometimes simplicity is the best route.

I find it better to play the P6's the days there isn't so much hype and attention about it. That way there isn't as much competition and the payouts are actually better. BTW,what happened to Beulah's F6? Haven't seen any results on it.

therussmeister
04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Or they could have played today's Rainbow 6.
It payed $30,240.50.

toetoe
04-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Light,

I thought this thread would be about the Gulfstream pick-six today (Sunday), which, according to the truth-obsessed geniuses in charge, paid $302,405. Steve Crist's preferred version would read $604, 810.
Isn't it wonderful, honey ? We're rich !!!

Exactly two dime tickets were good for $30,204.50 apiece, as posted by russmeister (no Supervixens, just russ).

Light
04-25-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm talking value for your investment. A $2, 6 race parlay at GP today would get you around $162K but you only got back $30k. A $2, 6 race parlay at LS would get you around $3.7K but you got back $17K. No question which of the P6 winners got bang for their buck and who got shortchanged.

bigmack
04-25-2011, 03:07 AM
If somebody has the audacity to tell me the pool was $4.5K in the LS, P6 pool; I'll soil meself.

therussmeister
04-25-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm talking value for your investment. A $2, 6 race parlay at GP today would get you around $162K but you only got back $30k. A $2, 6 race parlay at LS would get you around $3.7K but you got back $17K. No question which of the P6 winners got bang for their buck and who got shortchanged.
I don't quite know why you're comparing a $2 parlay with the $0.10 payout, although if you properly compared a $0.10 parlay with the $0.10 payout, Lonestar still offered the better value.

However, in bets such as the pick 6, I think $ bet vs. $ returned is not as important factor in determining value as time spent handicapping vs. net profit. If I spent the same amount of time handicapping LS as I did GP, I would much rather have the GP payout.

Light
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
If somebody has the audacity to tell me the pool was $4.5K in the LS, P6 pool; I'll soil meself.

Huh? The winner got paid $17K.

Light
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
... is not as important factor in determining value as time spent handicapping vs. net profit. If I spent the same amount of time handicapping LS as I did GP, I would much rather have the GP payout.

If I told you ahead of time the odds of the winning P6 at GP and LS (and you didn't know the results), it would take you about a 1/2 hour to come up with the winning ticket at LS.You'd still be working on the winning ticket at GP today and you would still be wrong.

Frank Angst
04-25-2011, 04:50 PM
It is amazing that there was only one winner of the Lone Star Fortune 6 on Sunday. Of course, you can only be happy for this bettor and not think "What if I had played?" The reason for this is the way the bet is set up. If there had been one other winner yesterday, they would have split about $1,200 (my guesstimate at 60% of that day's wagering on the Fortune 6.) Carryover and pool are only paid out when there is a single winner. Otherwise all winners divide 60% of that day's Fortune 6 wagering and the rest carries. Even $600 for a dime (assuming 2 winners) would have been generous, but it's not like if you or I had it, we'd have won half of $17,000.

I would have loved to have seen the reaction of the lone winner. They had to be shocked that they were the only winner as it went fav/fav/2nd choice/2nd choice/fav, and 3rd choice. I suspect the fact that it was Easter kept the number of players down as many outlets are not open on the holiday. This would give you a better chance of being the lone winner. (something to keep in mind as these bets become more popular.) This is why I only estimated the day's pk6 wagering at $2,000.

While the Lone Star payout was a great story to hear, comparing it to Saturday's GP Pk6 excitement is apples and oranges. That excitement was generated because of the mandatory payout and $1.5-million carryover. On any other day, the carryover would have just moved to the next day because there were multiple winners. Instead, every winner got a piece of that $1.5-million of dead money. That's what created the excitement.

Stillriledup
04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I think everyone got it right. The parlay for the pick 6 was massive, the thing payed 3300 for a dime with one 10-1 shot and a whole bunch of logical horses. Totally hittable. You don't often get 1.5 million mandatory payouts in the world, you have to bet them when you see them.