PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Capper Al
04-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Would someone point me to a link where there are the definitions of trackman's abbreviated comments on the past performance lines? Googling hasn't worked for me.

Thanks

PhantomOnTour
04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Not sure what you mean Al...are you talking about the comments in the trouble line?

Overlay
04-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Would someone point me to a link where there are the definitions of trackman's abbreviated comments on the past performance lines? Googling hasn't worked for me.
Looking at the trouble lines for the horses in the first of today's PAIHL races (as one example), I see abbreviations or contractions such as the following:

st (start)
w or wd (wide)
ins (inside)
str (stretch)
clr (clear)
drvg (driving)
svd (saved)
btw (between)
pl (pole)
drftd (drifted)

Are those the type of abbreviated comments you're referring to? If so, I don't know if there is a published list of standardized terms (as there is with the past performances, for example). It depends on maintaining clarity while working within available comment space. Are there any specific examples that you can provide of terms that have been difficult to decipher?

Capper Al
04-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Looking at the trouble lines for the horses in the first of today's PAIHL races (as one example), I see abbreviations or contractions such as the following:

st (start)
w or wd (wide)
ins (inside)
str (stretch)
clr (clear)
drvg (driving)
svd (saved)
btw (between)
pl (pole)
drftd (drifted)

Are those the type of abbreviated comments you're referring to? If so, I don't know if there is a published list of standardized terms (as there is with the past performances, for example). It depends on maintaining clarity while working within available comment space. Are there any specific examples that you can provide of terms that have been difficult to decipher?

I'm playing Woodbine today, and they have a couple that I can only guess at.

Brk out Brk <--- Believe it to be break out broke down?
fltned <--- Believe it to be flattened?

PhantomOnTour
04-23-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm playing Woodbine today, and they have a couple that I can only guess at.

Brk out Brk <--- Believe it to be break out broke down?
fltned <--- Believe it to be flattened?
Broke out (or outward) at the start.
Flattened is correct

gm10
04-23-2011, 03:24 PM
this might explain a few abbreviations as well

http://www.horse-racing-student.co.uk/guide/raceform-abbreviations.asp

Capper Al
04-23-2011, 03:28 PM
this might explain a few abbreviations as well

http://www.horse-racing-student.co.uk/guide/raceform-abbreviations.asp

Thanks. I booked marked your link, but still can't explain some of Woodbine's abbreviations.

cj
04-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks. I booked marked your link, but still can't explain some of Woodbine's abbreviations.
Those would be "broke out break" as in not straight, but towards the outside, and flattened, as in made a move and flattened out.

Capper Al
04-23-2011, 03:56 PM
:) :) Those would be "broke out break" as in not straight, but towards the outside, and flattened, as in made a move and flattened out.

Thanks