PDA

View Full Version : Calder Opening Soon

pktruckdriver
04-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Well Calder will return very soon, and I was wondering how you guys and gals felt about the summer time Florida meet?

Most look forward to the Special Meets, Keeneland , Saratoga , Del Mar.

Belmont and Monmouth, and way up north Woodbine too.

How bout some stories of why you look forward to these tracks, the fun and enjoyment you had there.

Maybe it is a track you have figured out and your ROI is off the charts there, as compared to elsewhere, well maybe everywhere but Saratoga.

Summer is coming soon enough as that 1st Day in May is right around the corner as they say, and then summer is right behind it, let's go into it with some fond memories to look forward to, instead of the normal whining, let's here the good about your favorite summer track.

Patrick

BlueShoe
04-22-2011, 01:17 PM
HollyPark has gotten all the publicity about their 14% pick 5, but Calder is offering an even better 12% takeout one. Uncertain as to how players will react to it, but have to give them credit for this step in the right direction. :ThmbUp:

magwell
04-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Now if New York would offer this same bet as Calder, then we could have something to look forward to........:cool:

Tom
04-22-2011, 04:11 PM
I experienced a 100% take out at Calder the last year I played it.

toussaud
04-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I freaking LOVE emerald downs. I mean LOVE. Wish they ran year round. Also wish they didn't bump heads with hollywood park :mad:

Robert Goren
04-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I experienced a 100% take out at Calder the last year I played it.Me, too

pandy
04-22-2011, 06:10 PM
I played Calder for the first time last meet and did very well with selective spot plays, mostly maiden races, but it was nice because it was dry and cool. During the summer it could be much different because it rains every day and its hot and humid, but I'm going to try it and see what happens. During the last meet I found that the track was "sustained" so I looked for horses that could stalk and finish. Cheap speed horses don't have much of a chance over a slow surface liek that.

pktruckdriver
04-22-2011, 06:40 PM
I experienced a 100% take out at Calder the last year I played it.

I remember when I visited Finger Lakes , I believe you, :lol::lol::lol:

hugh
04-22-2011, 08:00 PM
I've been following EVG for a whille now and I really don't like it... too many horses and too much randomness...
I'm going to go with Emerald Downs as my focus...
Anybody play Emerald? I'd like to know what to look for and any tips.
thanks everyone

affirmedny
05-06-2011, 11:39 PM
I freaking LOVE emerald downs. I mean LOVE. Wish they ran year round. Also wish they didn't bump heads with hollywood park :mad:

What do you love, the 5 horse fields or the archaic betting menu?

toussaud
05-06-2011, 11:43 PM
crystal clear track feed, horses there are very predictable and i am quite sure they have some freaking low takeout because even with the 5 horse fields i get some damn good prices on the horses i like. really like that track.

Charli125
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM

I'll be there tomorrow for Derby, but I don't see what there is to love about EMD. I'll probably bet about 5% of my bets for the day on the EMD card, and that's probably being generous.

Charli125
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
crystal clear track feed, horses there are very predictable and i am quite sure they have some freaking low takeout because even with the 5 horse fields i get some damn good prices on the horses i like. really like that track.

They have pretty good WPS takeout at 16%, exotics are pretty bad. 22% on the P4!

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname2010.html