PDA

View Full Version : Word Of God

Investorater
04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Let the Triune God justify or condemn me for my own words. The Passion of the Christ was to shed His Blood. Any man could have died on a cross but not an ordinary Man chose to suffer all the while taking on the sins of humankind those that were in the past, present, and yet future.

What has been decreed, will be done.

Greyfox
04-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Let the Triune God justify or condemn me for my own words. The Passion of the Christ was to shed His Blood. Any man could have died on a cross but not an ordinary Man chose to suffer all the while taking on the sins of humankind those that were in the past, present, and yet future.

:rolleyes: Another thread about God??:rolleyes:
I'm surprised that you're not involved in the to and fro currently going on in the "Interesting Find" thread elsewhere here:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1086640#post1086640

Investorater
04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Psalm 103, <1> The prophetic Word indicates that one generation will be alive at Christ's return to planet earth and gives signs to help in discovering if we are living in this last generation.

<2> Jesus' parable of the fig tree,found in Matthew 24:32-35, holds the key to understanding what generation will be alive at the time of Christ's Second Coming. The fig tree is used often in the Bible to symbolize the nation Israel. (Jeremiah 24: 1-10) (Joel 1:7) (Hosea 9:10).

<3> There are various definitions of what constitutes a generation of people. These differences present a puzzle when trying to pin down exactly what Jesus meant by "this generation."

<4> The theory that a generation is 40 years long collapsed after the prophecies Jesus mentioned were not in view by the time of Israel's fortieth anniversary.

<5>Defining the length of a generation is difficult because life expectancy has increased thanks to modern medicine.

<6>Most likely a generation today is between 70 and 80 years long. Not everyone in a generation will die within that time span. Some will live to be 100 years or older. Therefore, the exact number of years the last generation, spoken of by Christ, will live is impossible to determine.

<Every major prophetic signal Jesus gave in His Olivet Discourse is already in view, although He gave these as signs for the tribulation. This means the Rapture of the church, which will take place at least seven years before Christ returns, must be very near. Prophecy At Ground Zero William T. James, general editor chapter 11 by J. Michael Hile.

The Rapture will happen at any moment! And I could be left behind to face the consequences of the Tribulation>

Greyfox
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
God please spare us.

What if anything Investorator are you adding to this board with this new thread??

GameTheory
04-21-2011, 02:32 PM
The Rapture will happen at any moment! And I could be left behind to face the consequences of the Tribulation>Uh-oh, you said the key words to rouse hcap on this issue ("left behind"). Incidentally, why would be left behind if you are already a believer? Aren't those the ones that are whisked up to heaven immediately?

RaceBookJoe
04-21-2011, 03:24 PM
:rolleyes: Another thread about God??:rolleyes:
I'm surprised that you're not involved in the to and fro currently going on in the "Interesting Find" thread elsewhere here:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1086640#post1086640

Man am I sorry I started that one :bang: I just thought it was an interesting find, didnt intend for it to be a battle. Guess i learned my lesson, so i better not spill the beans on Noah's Ark being located huh :) rbj

OTM Al
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Man am I sorry I started that one :bang: I just thought it was an interesting find, didnt intend for it to be a battle. Guess i learned my lesson, so i better not spill the beans on Noah's Ark being located huh :) rbj

It was and I would dare say most of us in the thread didn't want it to go there either. No need to be sorry for it. That's what the unsubscribe button is for!

Investorater
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
The remaining events on the Bible's prophetic calendar for earth are these:First will come the disappearance of a vast multitude from around the world, as the rapture of the Church occurs.
Then the invasion of Israel by the Russian coalition, ending in Russia's supernatural defeat, will follow. This invasion could precede the rapture. The exact timing cannot be dogmatically stated, inasmuch as the bible does not make the time sequence evident.
The power vacuum thus created will be filled by the antichrist who will collaborate with the global false church in the initial stages of his rule. He will make a seven-year treaty with Israel and will aid in the reconstruction of the Jewish Temple and the reinstitution of the ancient sacrifices, the temple rites.
The first phase of God's judgment upon a godless world--the seven seal judgments--will begin. These bring war, famine, death, and physical upheavals in awesome sequence.
At the same time, 144,000 Jewish evangelists, sealed by God for worldwide witness, will begin their evangelism, supernaturally protected in their mission. The Two Witnesses and a preaching angel will also proclaim the gospel to the whole world.
At the mid-point of the seven years, Satan and his hosts will be cast down to the earth from the sphere of the heavens by divine decree. The Antichrist will more fully reveal his diabolical character. He will break his agreement with Israel, prohibiting Jewish worship and replacing it with the order to worship his image in the Temple. All who refuse to do so, through receiving his mark in hand or forehead, will not be permitted to buy or sell. He will also at this point destroy the false church, having no more need for her. Some of the 144,000 are now apparently martyred, as well as many of those who refuse the mark. All Jews who reject Antichrist's worship are also persecuted.

The second phase of God's judgments now starts as the seventh seal is opened to announce seven trumpet judgments. These are heavier and more severe, resulting in the destruction of one-third of earth's vegetation, the pollution of one-third of both the oceans and fresh water sources, awesome darkness, a five and one-half month plague of giant locusts and a destructive force of 200 million, who kill one-third of earth's population. These judgments span the last three and one-half years leading up to the final trumpet judgment, which announces the third very brief, but most intense, final phase of judgments--the bowl judgments--at the conclusion of the Tribulation.

The seven bowl judgments bring boils on all who worship the Antichrist, total pollution of oceans and fresh water, intense heat, darkness upon the antichrist's realm, the drying up of the Euphrates, and earth's mightiest earthquake which creates enormous destruction and topographical changes.

The armies of earth are now lured, by the evil trinity of Satan, the Antichrist and the False Prophet, to Palestine to fight God at Armageddon

Then Christ, with His army of saints, is revealed from heaven. The anti-God forces are destroyed by the Lord, the antichrist and false prophet are cast into hell, and Satan is bound for 1,000 years

Christ's thousand-year millennial reign is launched with Jerusalem as capital of the earth. With the curse and manifestation of sin removed through Christ's iron rule, humankind enjoys a peaceful, Edenic existence.

At the end of the Millennium, satan will be loosed. He will go forth in an attempt to deceive all those born during the 1,000 years, thus giving them their personal choice between himself and God. Incredibly, multitudes will rebel with Satan and will march on Jerusalem,where they will be consumed by fire from heaven.

Satan will be cast into the lake of fire. The wicked dead of all ages will now be resurrected and appear before the Great White Throne for judgment and consignment to the lake of fire.

The present heavens and earth will be purged by fire; a new heavens and earth will be created, and the heavenly headquarters for the universe and all eternity--the New Jerusalem--will descend from heaven.

Thus will begin the eternal ages.

It must surely be obvious to any student of current events that the kind of judgments prophesied by the Apostle John to take place in the Great Tribulation may well have their foreshadowings in many present-day occurrences. Pollution, famine, drought, heat, war, earthquakes and more are occurring. The ridicule which even the possible occurrence of such judgments (as are described in the Scriptures) once evoked from skeptics has given way to an uneasy recognition that we may, in fact, already be seeing their forerunners. Apocalypse Next and the New World Order by William R. Goetz 1991

bigmack
04-21-2011, 07:26 PM

Are you witnessing?

hcap
04-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Uh-oh, you said the key words to rouse hcap on this issue ("left behind"). Incidentally, why would be left behind if you are already a believer? Aren't those the ones that are whisked up to heaven immediately?

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

...Michael Corleone

I will let boxcar comment on the Rapture. :lol:

Rookies
04-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Has Boxie got ANOTHER IP ? :lol: :lol:

OTM Al
04-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Has Boxie got ANOTHER IP ? :lol: :lol:

I remember this guy from a couple years ago. He makes Boxy look rational....

Spiderman
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Is Holy Bull reincarnate and running today.

SchagFactorToWin
04-22-2011, 10:11 AM
What effect will the Rapture have on pool levels?

cj's dad
04-22-2011, 10:43 AM
I nearly raptured myself once when bowling. Groin hurt like hell. Laid up a week.

Investorater
04-22-2011, 01:08 PM
May 14th 1948 - (Israel declared to be an independent state) - Ezekiel 37,38,39 (Russia along with other nations invasion) Word of God: The means by which God makes Himself known, declares His will, and brings about His purposes.

God acts in the world by means of His word, and He becomes personally known through His word [1 Samuel 3:21]. His word is powerfully creative [Ezekiel 37:4] and its purposes are irresistible [Isaiah 55:11_Jeremiah 23:29]. God's word is totally dependable; it represents His permanent commitment [Isaiah 40:8]. When heard and responded to, His word meets deep needs in the human heart and provides joy, satisfaction, and confident direction that can be achieved in no other manner [Deuteronomy 8:3; Psalm 119:162; Jeremiah 15:16]. God's word has the power to penetrate all pretense and discern "the thoughts and intents of the heart" [Hebrews 4:12].

God's speaking of His word reaches a culmination in the sending of His Son [John 1:1,14_Hebrews 1:1-2]. All that is true of God's earlier word is supremely true of Jesus. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is, in a special way, the Word of God as it makes known and brings into operation the reconciliation with God that is His purpose for humankind [2 Corinthians 5:18-19]. Holy Bible dictionary

Rookies
04-22-2011, 01:35 PM
For the record, I thought the Raps had a terrible season.:ThmbDown:

Come out, come out, come outta the closet wherever you are Boxie!!! :rolleyes:

Investorater
04-23-2011, 05:55 PM
excerpt ^ from Planet Earth - The Final Chapter by Hal Lindsey
(Matthew 24:6-8)
What is rendered "nation shall rise against nation" in text is generally adequate to convey the meaning intended. But a closer examination show the Greek word translated "nation" is ethnos-the word from which we get the word ethnic. The word means "a race, or tribe"--not an inconsistent definition for our modern understanding of ethnicity

It is also perfectly consistent in context, since what we understand today as being a "nation" was understood for centuries as a "kingdom" that is represented separately in the same verse. So, by examining this verse in context, we find that one of the signs for the last days is that "ethnic group shall rise against ethnic group"-----ethnic unrest!

There is no question that ethnic unrest is a problem of gloBal proportions. There isn't a nation on earth untouched by some form of ethnic unrest. We usually think of it relative to color, like black and white, in the US, South Africa and other places. But Canada threatens to be ripped asunder by French vs. English. The former Yugoslavia is a powder keg of Serbs, Muslims, Croats and assorted combinations. That conflict even gave us the term "ethnic cleansing" as an alternative to the more common genocide.

Ethnicity is a factor throughout Africa--South Africa, Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, Egypt, etc. Ethnicity is the key to understanding the Middle East. It is central to the internal problems of the Russian Federation. It plays a role in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Algeria, and France. I think you get the idea. It is a global problem. TIME Magazine reported in an October 9, 1995, article, "The Forgotten Wars," that there are some 46 ethnic wars raging around the world right now. But when and how did this explode into a global problem?

1 Corinthians Chapter 2

GameTheory
04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
excerpt ^ from Planet Earth - The Final Chapter by Hal Lindsey
(Matthew 24:6-8)
What is rendered "nation shall rise against nation" in text is generally adequate to convey the meaning intended. But a closer examination show the Greek word translated "nation" is ethnos-the word from which we get the word ethnic. The word means "a race, or tribe"--not an inconsistent definition for our modern understanding of ethnicity

It is also perfectly consistent in context, since what we understand today as being a "nation" was understood for centuries as a "kingdom" that is represented separately in the same verse. So, by examining this verse in context, we find that one of the signs for the last days is that "ethnic group shall rise against ethnic group"-----ethnic unrest!

There is no question that ethnic unrest is a problem of gloBal proportions. There isn't a nation on earth untouched by some form of ethnic unrest. We usually think of it relative to color, like black and white, in the US, South Africa and other places. But Canada threatens to be ripped asunder by French vs. English. The former Yugoslavia is a powder keg of Serbs, Muslims, Croats and assorted combinations. That conflict even gave us the term "ethnic cleansing" as an alternative to the more common genocide.

Ethnicity is a factor throughout Africa--South Africa, Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, Egypt, etc. Ethnicity is the key to understanding the Middle East. It is central to the internal problems of the Russian Federation. It plays a role in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Algeria, and France. I think you get the idea. It is a global problem. TIME Magazine reported in an October 9, 1995, article, "The Forgotten Wars," that there are some 46 ethnic wars raging around the world right now. But when and how did this explode into a global problem?

1 Corinthians Chapter 2There has never been a time in human history without a lot of ethnic unrest. Kind of like making a prophecy where one of the signs is the sky turns blue.

OTM Al
04-23-2011, 07:33 PM
There has never been a time in human history without a lot of ethnic unrest. Kind of like making a prophecy where one of the signs is the sky turns blue.

Given the weather around here lately, I await this day!

boxcar
04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
For the record, I thought the Raps had a terrible season.:ThmbDown:

Come out, come out, come outta the closet wherever you are Boxie!!! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to see you got left behind, Rooks. :lol: But that's okay, I see you're you're in "good" company in this thread with none other than OTM AL himself. Have you guys thought about doing a sequel to "Dumb and Dumber"? :lol: Of course, if you tossed Hcap into the blender with you two, you could do Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

OTM Al
04-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry to see you got left behind, Rooks. :lol: But that's okay, I see you're you're in "good" company in this thread with none other than OTM AL himself. Have you guys thought about doing a sequel to "Dumb and Dumber"? :lol: Of course, if you tossed Hcap into the blender with you two, you could do Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Tsk tsk. Going outside the argument to take pot shots. Your desperation and general meaness shows once again. Despite how miserable a creature you seem to be, I still wish you the best on Easter day.

boxcar
04-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Tsk tsk. Going outside the argument to take pot shots. Your desperation and general meaness shows once again. Despite how miserable a creature you seem to be, I still wish you the best on Easter day.

Like Job, I repented in sackcloth and ashes -- well...almost. :D Since it wasn't coarse jesting, the bible permits comical relief. ;)

Boxcar

Rookies
04-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Like Job, I repented in sackcloth and ashes -- well...almost. :D Since it wasn't coarse jesting, the bible permits comical relief. ;)

Boxcar

You are one piece of work! Dat's for sure, Boxie- but more like the proverbial " camel designed by a committee"...:lol:

But carry on as to what OTM Al has drawn you out to proclaim: a self identified insider true believer for eternal salvation...:rolleyes:

atlasaxis
04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
The Rapture will happen at any moment! And I could be left behind to face the consequences of the Tribulation>

www.familyradio.com (http://www.familyradio.com/)
www.the-latter-rain.com (http://www.the-latter-rain.com/)
www.ebiblefellowship.com (http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/)
www.bmius.org (http://www.bmius.org/)

Investorater
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Judgment on May 21 2011 - I find this difficult to believe - On Preakness Day - \o/ - Do these Christians indicate before or after the race? After all I was anticipating the Belmont Stakes. :lol: But, with God all things are possible. I sometimes wonder if I'm a Spanish Jew, with Indian blood. Since I continue to be a sinner, I'm prepared to face the tribulation, and one can believe whatever they want.....Matthew 24:36

hcap
04-26-2011, 06:48 PM

God and Moses were out playing golf. Moses is up first. Hits a great drive straight up the fairway, the ball heads straight for a hole-in- one. "Not bad" God says.

God then steps up to tee, stumbles and swings and just swipes the ball off the tee. But just as the ball comes to a stop, a gopher pops out of its hole, grabs Gods ball in its mouth and starts to run up the fairway. Before it can get even fifty yards, an eagle swoops down out of the sky and grabs the gopher by the scuff of the neck and flies off towards the green. Just as the ball, eagle, and gopher get above the hole, a lightning bolt strikes out of a cloudless sky and vaporizes both the eagle and the gopher. The ball drops straight down into the cup. Another hole-in-one.

Mose looks up and says, "Will you stop screwing around and play golf ! "

boxcar
04-26-2011, 06:58 PM
God and Moses were out playing golf. Moses is up first. Hits a great drive straight up the fairway, the ball heads straight for a hole-in- one. "Not bad" God says.

God then steps up to tee, stumbles and swings and just swipes the ball off the tee. But just as the ball comes to a stop, a gopher pops out of its hole, grabs Gods ball in its mouth and starts to run up the fairway. Before it can get even fifty yards, an eagle swoops down out of the sky and grabs the gopher by the scuff of the neck and flies off towards the green. Just as the ball, eagle, and gopher get above the hole, a lightning bolt strikes out of a cloudless sky and vaporizes both the eagle and the gopher. The ball drops straight down into the cup. Another hole-in-one.

Mose looks up and says, "Will you stop screwing around and play golf ! "

Yeah, I remember you used this twisted analogy in our first discussion about the "apparent age" theory. It's still as bad now as it was back then. I essentially replied, as memory recalls, that God wasn't playing a game with anyone when he created, and that as an Artist he had the right to take artistic license with his work, just as any human artist would with his creation.

Boxcar

hcap
04-27-2011, 09:36 AM
You are correct. It only appears as a joke, but really is a comment on rigid anal retentive sanctimonious fanatics.

It was your idiotic response above that cinched the deal

Investorater
04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
First of all I'd like to publicly thank the Administrator for allowing me the opportunity to post on this forum, as it was most appreciated.

Jerusalem's earthshaking northern threat:

<1> Bible prophecy says a third Jewish Temple will Be built on the sacred Temple Mount. But Islamic religious structures now sit there. It will TaKe an earthshaking event for a Temple to be rebuilt there.

<2> According to Ezekiel 38-39, that earthshaking event will be a Russian-led invasion from Israel's north. It will take place near or during the tribulation era.

<3> The buildup to the invasion might be already in view.

<4> The probable scenario is this: Violence in and around Israel will grow until it is intolerable; the world community (United Nations) will demand, then broKer a supposed peace; Israel will feel secure with this plan, but it will be a false security.

<5> When Israel feels secure, the Russian-led forces will invade from the north.

<6> God Himself will defend Israel and destroy the attackers; many across the world will recognize God's work and will be converted through salvation.

<7> The Antichrist, earth's final despot, will rise to power during this time. He will, as part of a false peace plan, allow Israel to rebuild a Temple atop Mount Moriah in Jerusalem.

Prophecy at Ground Zero (From Today's Mideast Madness to the Second Coming of Christ) 2002 - Chapter three by Phillip Goodman, Ephesians 3:10-21.