PDA

View Full Version : "F--- you, Republicans"

andymays
04-21-2011, 09:23 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-ap-ia-collegerepublican,0,6593118.story

Excerpt:

IOWA CITY, Iowa—

A University of Iowa professor who studies same-sex relationships was so upset by an email from a campus Republican group promoting "Conservative Coming Out Week" that she fired off a vulgarity aimed at all Republicans, according to messages released by the school Wednesday.

"F--- you, Republicans" was professor Ellen Lewin's response Monday to the recruiting pitch from UI College Republicans. She sent the email from her school account, drawing outrage from conservative students and one Republican lawmaker.

Excerpt:

Lewin, a professor in the departments of anthropology and women's studies, did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment. According to her university biography, she has studied a range of topics related to parenthood, reproduction and sexuality, including lesbian mothers, gay fathers and lesbian and gay commitment ceremonies. She has worked at the university since 1997.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-ap-ia-collegerepublican,0,6593118.story

delayjf
04-21-2011, 09:30 AM
A University of Iowa professor who studies same-sex relationships

And the state is paying for this?? Outstanding.

HUSKER55
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Just so I don't make any social blunders, we are interested in other people's bedroom activities because?

highnote
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
OMG! This is shocking. I thought only Vice-Presidents of the United States were allowed to use the "F" word. :eek:

BlueShoe
04-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow, a communist lesbian that does not like conservative Republicans, what a shocking surprise. :rolleyes: This is supposed to be news?

highnote
04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Wow, a communist lesbian that does not like conservative Republicans, what a shocking surprise. :rolleyes: This is supposed to be news?

You're right, BlueShoe. But this campus Republican group who is sponsoring the "Conservative Coming Out Week" really missed an opportunity to reach out to more conservatives and at the same time get a dig in at campus liberals -- especialy the Animal Rights activists.

They have an "Animal Rights BBQ" event planned. They should serve BBQ'd ex-race horse, golden retriever and siamese cat. That wold really get under the skin of liberals, eh?

"The conservative student Natalie Ginty said the Republican students need to know about Lewin's political beliefs and conservative alumni might not want to give 'to a school that allows professors to speak to students that way and toward a political side that way.' "

I think conservative alumni might not want to give to a school for different reasons -- because it's obvious that Ginty is not very well educated. "Animal Rights BBQ". Give me a break.

What is wrong with the Animal Rights movement? To hear of someone or some group mocking that movement is disappointing to me. There is nothing wrong with wanting to treat animals humanely. Sure, there are extremists within the Animal Rights movement, but there are extremists in every movement, but in general, a society that believes in Animal Rights is a sign of a civil society.

Personally, I think the professor should have toned down her language. But she acted on emotions and expressed her opinion strongly. I have to admit that I find her use of the "F" word less offensive than "Animal Rights BBQ", although using the "F" word was inappropriate. I would expect better behavior from so-called educated people whether they are conservative or liberal.

But then again, pigs are smarter than horses and we eat a lot of pigs in this country and the French eat horses. So what the heck, there is probably nothing wrong with an "Animal Rights BBQ". :D

The absurdity of it all!