PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Race Still An Issue In America ?

sonnyp
04-20-2011, 06:43 PM
because these guys want it to be :

http://youtu.be/DCxPXQdaxY4

CryingForTheHorses
04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Im hoping you dont buy into this wannabe MLK.Guys like this are the reason that there is a race issue BECAUSE he says so.I think there is a problem of the younger black generation blaming everyone for what has happened years before my time.I try to live in peace and also try not to judge what my forefathers have done before me.

bigmack
04-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Just a few weeks ago I was in a discussion with a gentleman about his parking & waiting for his companion in front of a store in the red zone so people had to walk around his vehicle. It took me several attempts to get through to him as I repeated - 'Sir. Sir. I am NOT, a jive ass honkey!'

horses4courses
04-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Just a few weeks ago I was in a discussion with a gentleman about his parking & waiting for his companion in front of a store in the red zone so people had to walk around his vehicle. It took me several attempts to get through to him as I repeated - 'Sir. Sir. I am NOT, a jive ass honkey!'

Yes, indeed.
This is a good example of why race is an eternal issue in this nation.
Ignorance personified.
My point is this, though.
Are you not just as likely to have a red zone parking violation performed by any other ethnicity?

bigmack
04-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Are you not just as likely to have a red zone parking violation performed by any other ethnicity?
Before I bust out in hilarity can you answer why you would assume it's an infraction solely from one group?

horses4courses
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Before I bust out in hilarity can you answer why you would assume it's an infraction solely from one group?

Of course it's not.

GaryG
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Any idea how many "Civil Rights Leaders" would be out of work if race ceased to be an issue? This is more than a cottage industry, it is big business, usually with govt funding. They will not let it die, note how the democrats keep the pot boiling by calling anyone a racist who thinks Obama is a buffoon. The Tingler was an especially good one for the R word. Not to mention the Racist Tea Party. As Waters said: Up and Down... And in the end it's only round andround and round....

mostpost
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Why Is Race Still An Issue In America ?
Because you take a few clips from a discussion or seminar about providing jobs and think it shows black people hating white people. It does not. Yes they are advocates for a particular group. In the same way that the Chamber of Commerce is an advocate for businessmen, and a union is an advocate for workers, and the Anti-Defamation League is an advocate for the Jewish people.

Sharpton's NAN Race Rants: Shut Down Construction Sites With No Blacks, Only Blacks Should Educate Blacks, Other Classes Teach Hate, Media Conspiracy Causing Obama's Polls to Drop With Blacks & Al Beat Back Beck & Racist Tea Party

The paragraph above is supposedly the synopsis of the video.

Construction sites run by companies which will not hire qualified blacks should be shut down. By the Government. Civil Rights are the law.

The gentleman did not say only blacks should educate blacks. He said they should not turn their children over to anyone to be educated without staying involved in that process.

I completely missed the part where they plan to start classes to teach hate.

I don't think they said there was a Media Conspiracy to fix the polls, just that they questioned their accuracy.

I have no idea what that part about "beat back Beck" means.

Hank
04-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Focusing on Sharpton or any individual figure's motives misses the point entirely.The reason race is still an issue in America is not at all complicated.Race is an issue because America is a racist entity.Its very foundation was built upon racism and genocide of the indigenous peoples and enslavement of African people.Racism Then led to the deaths of over half a million Americans in civil war.It's constitution then had to be amended [14th] to address the in racism inherent in it.This was followed by another century of racists Jim crow oppression and terrorism against "free" blacks to keep them is their place.Then at long last after over 3 centuries of blatant overt racism in 1964 after yet another constitutional amendment [24th] racism in America ended 'as official government policy.' Racism itself however lives on in the hearts and minds of many of our ignorant brethren.And please understand this is not a blanket indictment or harsh judgement of white Americans.Racism is so pervasive and infectious that some Blacks harbor subconscious racist sentiments vs themselves.This thread will likely provide evidence of my assertion.

bigmack
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
And please understand this is not a blanket indictment or harsh judgement of white Americans.
That's good to know. In fact, some of the deepest racism I've ever seen has been displayed by non-whites.

Robert Goren
04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't about where you live, but around here as soon as some people think are off the the record the racist language begins. I would say about a third of white people are that way. You go to small town Nebraska, it is 100%.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Race is still an issue because it helps fill the Democratic Party's coffers with donation $$$$$$.

Why would they want to help find a cure and cut off all that cash flow?

PhantomOnTour
04-20-2011, 10:54 PM
The silliness never ends.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2011, 11:07 PM
The silliness never ends.You got that right.

delayjf
04-20-2011, 11:55 PM
I don't about where you live, but around here as soon as some people think are off the the record the racist language begins. I would say about a third of white people are that way. You go to small town Nebraska, it is 100%.

As someone who grew up in small town Nebraska - I will disagree. It swings both ways, whites are subject to the same kinds of racism that every race is. I also disagree that laughing at a racist joke makes one a racist anymore than laughing at a dumb blond or polish joke makes one a sexist, or means you hate polish people. The Klu Klux Klan or the Nation of Islam, those guys are racists.

bigmack
04-21-2011, 12:02 AM
As someone who grew up in small town Nebraska - I will disagree.
I've kicked around NE as well and believe goren did a great disservice to the people. What he said was BS.

toetoe
04-21-2011, 12:08 AM
I am NOT, a jive ass honkey!'

You're not ?!? Boy, I gotta call some people with some retractions forthwith. :blush:

Hank
04-21-2011, 12:16 AM
That's good to know. In fact, some of the deepest racism I've ever seen has been displayed by non-whites.

Quite possibly true.However centuries of institutional Racism couched in the false premise of white supremacy is the root of the problem.Myopic veiws of the problem absent historical and cultural context are basically worthless.

"jive ass honky" in "2011" you were have a "discussion" with who?:lol: Fred Sanford

toetoe
04-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Because you take a few clips from a discussion or seminar about providing jobs and think it shows black people hating white people. It does not. Yes they are advocates for a particular group. In the same way that the Chamber of Commerce is an advocate for businessmen, and a union is an advocate for workers, and the Anti-Defamation League is an advocate for the Jewish people.

There's actually an answer in there somewhere.

If the ADL are advocating solely for Jews, then that is part of the problem, although the role of the religious component is still hard to pin down. I think Jewhaters are hating what they believe is a race, but it may be a religious thing. When the ADL and black folk start advocating exclusively for poor/downtrodden/tempest tost victims, race will not be such an issue, and I'll be out of work. :(

bigmack
04-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Quite possibly true.However centuries of institutional Racism couched in the false premise of white supremacy is the root of the problem.Myopic veiws of the problem absent historical and cultural context are basically worthless.
Harboring resentment or guilt for the actions of prior generations is not a world I choose to live and highly recommend.

I live my life embracing all but will not suffer fools lightly.

mostpost
04-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Race is still an issue because it helps fill the Democratic Party's coffers with donation $$$$$$.

Why would they want to help find a cure and cut off all that cash flow?

I can't count the number of times I have read here about how the Democrats are supported by corporate America. Now you're saying they are supported by contributions from Blacks. Even though the average salary of blacks is well below that of whites. Even though the unemployment rate among blacks is twice that of whites. Oh, I know. It is all those blacks who own major corporations that are supporting the democrats. There are so many of them.

You are so clueless it is sad.

toetoe
04-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Racism is so pervasive and infectious that some Blacks harbor subconscious racist sentiments vs themselves.

Thank you for copping to the dirty little secret of the selfhating leftwingnuts --- that they believe black folk to be noble savages; helpless, hapless victims so screwed up that all we can do to assuage our shame is to tear down our country and hope they might grab some of the pieces. How about passing a law declaring blackness an official handicap ?

Please remind us of the countries which were conquered with no violence, no racism, no genocide, no ... wait for the awful word which we pray will soon be illegal ... hatred. That is not to deny any of these things occurred over here, but you and your comrades never mention the bestiality of human nature itself --- of Castro, of Mugabe, of Chavez. These clowns are murdering for a greater good, I suppose ?

The difference between White Racist's America and the Indians way back when ? The Indians fought back; we roll over. I'm confident this very post will be allowed, but you all are in such absolute charge that many of my posts don't see the light of publication --- on a private, non-Obamunistic site ! :eek:. Not :cool:.

bigmack
04-21-2011, 12:41 AM
I can't count the number of times I have read here about how the Democrats are supported by corporate America. Now you're saying they are supported by contributions from Blacks. Even though the average salary of blacks is well below that of whites. Even though the unemployment rate among blacks is twice that of whites. Oh, I know. It is all those blacks who own major corporations that are supporting the democrats. There are so many of them.

You have to have the mental capacity to hear the nuanced point that he made. Not the hammer on the table point that you read into most of these discussions.

I suspect this thread will quickly be kiboshed much like the Jewish wealth thread as people are unwilling to discuss topics in an adult fashion without rubes assuming hatred & bigotry.

If we can agree to remain calm about this, it could actually be an interesting discussion.

bigmack
04-21-2011, 12:59 AM
"jive ass honky" in "2011" you were have a "discussion" with who?:lol: Fred Sanford

Yeah, that was rich, huh? It was a little tale but I've always liked that line. I've called people "jive ass honkey's" before. But I'm an OG. :lol:

We got a 'jah' right here & now. He runs not with one, mere, toe. He has more. :eek:

mostpost
04-21-2011, 01:36 AM
You have to have the mental capacity to hear the nuanced point that he made. Not the hammer on the table point that you read into most of these discussions.

I suspect this thread will quickly be kiboshed much like the Jewish wealth thread as people are unwilling to discuss topics in an adult fashion without rubes assuming hatred & bigotry.

If we can agree to remain calm about this, it could actually be an interesting discussion.

The nuanced point being that the contributions will come not from blacks, but from racist whites. An interesting theory. Let's look at history. Which party has the history of improving the opportunities for blacks in this country. The Republican party got off to a great start when Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation. The fifteenth amendment was passed mainly with Republican support. That was then; this is now. Integration of the armed services took place under Harry Truman. Strom Thurmond was a democrat who opposed the action and ran for president as a dixiecrat. But Thurmand spent most of his political life as a Republican.

When the civil rights movement began in the sixties it was strongly supported by the Kennedy administration. At this time, a split occurred between southern democrats and northern democrats. People like Lester Maddox and George Wallace left the democratic party and joined the American Independent Party. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed with bipartisan support, but almost all of that support came from the north.
Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (95%–5%)
The Senate version:
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

In 1964 for the first time since the Civil War a republican candidate swept the Solid South. In 1968 Nixon made the "Southern Strategy" the linchpin of his campaign. Republicans opposed affirmative action, were against busing, argued against any attempts to increase funding to schools, thought that the federal district should not be involved in funding local schools.

They also opposed laws which would give the federal government power to enforce equal employment opportunities. Even today Rand Paul thinks it is alright to let each business decide if it wants to serve black people. All that means is instead of having one area in which there were colored and white drinking fountains etc., there would be such obscenities scattered throughout all areas.

Republicans opposed open housing laws, saying that it was government interference in private lives. Maybe so, but the practical effect of not having open housing would be blacks living in the inner city and whites living in the suburbs.

The Republicans used these policies to ensure a steady stream of electoral votes in the south and anywhere that people still harbor fears about other races. Many of the people now serving as Republicans in the south were democrats. They left that party when the Democratic Party decided that the moral course was to work for rights for all people regardless of race.

The same could be said, with a difference in details, about women's rights.

bigmack
04-21-2011, 01:45 AM
The nuanced point being that the contributions will come not from blacks, but from racist whites. An interesting theory. Let's look at history.
That's 2 strikes and no balls. You're facin', zip & a deuce.

Meanwhile, shoot those thoughts right into your veins. Breathe. Drink it in s'more.

O, yeah... That's good.

You like?

mostpost
04-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Thank you for copping to the dirty little secret of the selfhating leftwingnuts --- that they believe black folk to be noble savages; helpless, hapless victims so screwed up that all we can do to assuage our shame is to tear down our country and hope they might grab some of the pieces. How about passing a law declaring blackness an official handicap ?

Please remind us of the countries which were conquered with no violence, no racism, no genocide, no ... wait for the awful word which we pray will soon be illegal ... hatred. That is not to deny any of these things occurred over here, but you and your comrades never mention the bestiality of human nature itself --- of Castro, of Mugabe, of Chavez. These clowns are murdering for a greater good, I suppose ?

The difference between White Racist's America and the Indians way back when ? The Indians fought back; we roll over. I'm confident this very post will be allowed, but you all are in such absolute charge that many of my posts don't see the light of publication --- on a private, non-Obamunistic site ! :eek:. Not :cool:.
No! What we believe is that black people have inherently the same abilities as white people, but that does not matter as long as the deck is stacked against them. It makes no difference if a black man can deliver mail as well as I can, if the United States Postal Service will not hire them. (Actually all the blacks I worked with were better than me. Other groups that were better included Hispanics, Native Americans, Hmoungs, Polynesians, Slavs, Celts, Vikings, and Inuit. BUT NOT REPUBLICANS.)

I think the person who believes blacks are noble savages is you; without the noble part. You look at life as a see-saw; if one side is up, the other must be down.

What does that mean you all are in such absolute charge that many of my posts don't see the light of publication -
Haven't you noticed that the owner of this website is not a liberal. If political leanings were his criterion for deletion my total posts would be around eleven instead of over 3000. Reading the above, I shudder to think what has been deleted.

mostpost
04-21-2011, 01:58 AM

Meanwhile, shoot those thoughts right into your veins. Breathe. Drink it in s'more.

O, yeah... That's good.

You like?I have figured it out, There was no nuanced point. PA's post was just what it seemed to be. An attempt (failed) to paint liberals as racist.

Tom
04-21-2011, 07:42 AM

Do you ever read this stuff before you hit submit? :lol:

Tom
04-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Funny how so many Blacks have escaped this specter of racism and become successful citizens while others are beaten down so badly that they are in third and fourth generation dependency.

Must be old Whitey missed a few opportunities?

Tom
04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
I don't about where you live, but around here as soon as some people think are off the the record the racist language begins. I would say about a third of white people are that way. You go north of 8 Mile in Detroit, it is 100%.

FTFY....
Your point being what, exactly?

Robert Goren
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
I really don't appreciate you changing my post when quoting it.

Tom
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I was not quoting the post - just the idea behind it.

delayjf
04-21-2011, 10:05 AM
However centuries of institutional Racism couched in the false premise of white supremacy is the root of the problem.Myopic veiws of the problem absent historical and cultural context are basically worthless.
I don't believe the above is true today. I know its a popular notion amoung some groups, but I don't believe that with the exception of the Klan, that the majority of white people really buy into the notion that the white race is supreme.

Robert Goren
04-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't believe the above is true today. I know its a popular notion amoung some groups, but I don't believe that with the exception of the Klan, that the majority of white people really buy into the notion that the white race is supreme.They wouldn't word it that way. They word so that some races are lacking something like "work ethic".

maddog42
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Ditto for Oklahoma, except I would adjust downward to %50, especially small town Oklahoma. In the old Socio-Political Map of the US National Lampoon just posted "red-necks "over Oklahoma. LOL. I am very proud of my state in many ways, but not for its racism.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2011, 11:23 AM

You are so clueless it is sad.WTF are you talking about? Talk about a huge jump in logic....

Who said anything about contributions from blacks except you?

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2011, 11:26 AM

O, yeah... That's good.

You like?mostpost has to be putting us on...he can't be this nutty...

delayjf
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
They wouldn't word it that way. They word so that some races are lacking something like "work ethic".

But they also apply that standard to everyone - black, white, or brown.

mostpost
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
WTF are you talking about? Talk about a huge jump in logic....

Who said anything about contributions from blacks except you?
Then why don't you come out and tell us who you are talking about. What group is making those contributions and why are they making them . You are really good at insinuating but not so good at backing it up. I stand by what I said in both post #21 and particularly post #25.

mostpost
04-21-2011, 12:11 PM
But they also apply that standard to everyone - black, white, or brown.
They apply the standard, but it is blacks and browns that they most often consider to fail. And when whtes fail it is never because of some inherent defect in themselves; it is always because they are being treated unfairly. Opportunities that are theirs by divine right are being given to blacks and browns by government edict.

cj's dad
04-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Coincidentally, I recieved this e-mail attachment from a friend today and I think it fits well into this discussion:

snip> Yesterday, I read the saddest thing I've ever read in my life. In an interview with Bill Moyers (http://www.guernicamag.com/interviews/2530/simon_4_1_11/), David Simon, creator of "The Wire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire)" -- for which he won a MacArthur Genius Award -- talks about loving Baltimore and the futility of the drug war. His answer to this question is especially heartbreaking:

Bill Moyers: There's a scene in the third season of "The Wire" where the Baltimore police major Bunny Colvin, a favorite character, gives some rare straight talk on the futility of this drug war.

David Simon: I don't think we have the stomach to actually evaluate it.

Bill Moyers: What do you mean?

David Simon: Again, we would have to ask ourselves a lot of hard questions. The people most affected by this are black and brown and poor. It's the abandoned inner cores of our urban areas. As we said before, economically, we don't need those people; the American economy doesn't need them. So as long as they stay in their ghettos and they only kill each other, we're willing to pay for a police presence to keep them out of our America. And to let them fight over scraps, which is what the drug war, effectively, is. Since we basically have become a market-based culture, that's what we know, and it's what's led us to this sad denouement. I think we're going to follow market-based logic right to the bitter end.

Bill Moyers: Which says?

David Simon: If you don't need 'em, why extend yourself? Why seriously assess what you're doing to your poorest and most vulnerable citizens? There's no profit to be had in doing anything other than marginalizing them and discarding them.<snip

More here:

http://www.grist.org/cities/2011-04-18-when-youre-in-love-with-a-broken-city

Hank
04-21-2011, 01:18 PM

I did no such thing.But then you misinterpreting something signals all is well in the universe.:rolleyes:

toussaud
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
The wire is my fav TV show ever. I remember that scene in the school quite well and he's quite right.

that goes for any race. If you wish to kill yourself doing drugs, society does not want you, nor does it want to spend any money housing you, feeding you, whatever the case when they arrest you time and time again. However the only covet I have is that once that person, black or white, or Asian or whatever wants to do something different, they are given every equal right to do so.

I don't get into race debates because most race debates in reality are socioeconomic debates designed as race debates. The more opportunities you have, the better chance you have to be a contributing member to society.

I do think there are still racial undertones in America however, they just aren't as overt. Most white men would rather see their daughters marry white men, not black men. Same can be said for (probably even moreso) for black men and black women.

l think we have learned to tolerate other races as a whole but we have not really accepted other races. I can sit next to a man of a different skin color on an airplane and as long as I'm well groomed he probably doesn't think any more or less of me. Doesn't necessarily mean he wants me to be any part of his family , doesn't mean he wants to share my religious views or whatever the social differences may be between our cultures.

ArlJim78
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Race is still an issue primarily because it's part of the narrative of the left. There's money and votes to be had peddling that good ole racism line. it's the only way to keep the attention off of the failed policies of the social welfare state and ideology of victimhood (which has decimated the poor black communites) by framing their opponents as racists. We've seen this play out here in OT time and again.

Tom
04-21-2011, 02:51 PM
If you are a white man and voted against Obama because he is black, you are a racist.

If you are a black man and voted for Obama because he is black, you are not.

That is why we still have racism.

Marshall Bennett
04-21-2011, 03:18 PM
And if you're a white man and voted for Obama you're the reason he's president. While you're not the cause of racism you sure didn't help matters. You voted for a bonafied racist.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Then why don't you come out and tell us who you are talking about. What group is making those contributions and why are they making them . You are really good at insinuating but not so good at backing it up. I stand by what I said in both post #21 and particularly post #25.There is no specific who...there is no one group. Racism is one of the main rallying cries of the party. Therefore, it goes without saying that racism is a very lucrative source of revenue for your favorite party. Why would they want to try and help eliminate racism?

It's like all these hospitals and drug companies who would rather treat cancer than find the cure...it's so much more lucrative that any incentive to do otherwise is quickly squashed.

Why this even needs to be explained to you is shocking. It should be so obvious, yet you come at me with these wacky assumptions... :lol:

mostpost
04-21-2011, 09:52 PM
There is no specific who...there is no one group. Racism is one of the main rallying cries of the party. Therefore, it goes without saying that racism is a very lucrative source of revenue for your favorite party. Why would they want to try and help eliminate racism?

It's like all these hospitals and drug companies who would rather treat cancer than find the cure...it's so much more lucrative that any incentive to do otherwise is quickly squashed.

Why this even needs to be explained to you is shocking. It should be so obvious, yet you come at me with these wacky assumptions... :lol:As I thought you have nothing to back up what you say except a vague statement that racism is one of the main rallying cries of the party. What the hell does that even mean?

You make these generalized accusations of racism. Give us some specific examples. Show us where Democratic policies have been designed to limit opportunities for blacks. Is it in the field of voting where Democrats led the way in overturning literacy tests? Is it in the field of jobs where Democrats were the primary force behind Equal Oportunity? Is it in education where Democrats backed affirmative action?

Do not embarrass yourself by saying welfare. Welfare never kept anyone from bettering themselves. Unless you think some people are so weak willed that they would rather live in poverty on welfare than work to live well. If you think that we know where the racist lives.

mostpost
04-21-2011, 09:53 PM
And if you're a white man and voted for Obama you're the reason he's president. While you're not the cause of racism you sure didn't help matters. You voted for a bonafied racist.

Give me specific examples of actions taken by Barack Obama that prove him a racist.

mostpost
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
If the Democratic party is the party of racism, then why are there now 43 black Democrats in the House of Representatives and only two black Republicans. On the other hand, that is progress. Those two Republicans represent 40% of the total Republicans in the House since Reconstruction. Way to go Republicans. :rolleyes:

Tom
04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
For starters....

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/07/obamas_a_racist.html

Tom
04-21-2011, 10:43 PM
And this....
r8gnmUyminI&feature=related

mostpost
04-21-2011, 10:59 PM
For starters....

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/07/obamas_a_racist.html
I ask for examples of Obama being racist and you post a story of someone else calling a cop a racist. And with good reason. That Obama said the cop acted stupidly does not make Obama a racist. It makes him correct. Also note that Obama did not call the cop a racist. The fact that other cops backed up the cop in question is totally irrelevant. Cops always back up cops.

mostpost
04-21-2011, 11:08 PM
And this....
r8gnmUyminI&feature=related
Everything Obama says in that video is true. I have heard it expressed many times by other white people that they are nervous about running into black people in certain situations. Situations where it is late and the streets are deserted, and the particular black person is acting suspiciously. This kind of attitude was more prevalent when Obama was young, but he is certainly not wrong in ascribing it to some whites even now.
The fact that he talks about it does not make him a racist. Calling someone a racist when they act in a racist manner, does not make the accuser a racist.

Try Again.

Tom
04-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Wow. Are you trying to get some kind of appointment from Barry's stooge in Chicago? :lol:

I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page 15

mostpost
04-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Wow. Are you trying to get some kind of appointment from Barry's stooge in Chicago?

Quote:
I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page 15
There is no such quote on Page 15 of "From Dreams of My Father" In fact there is no such book. "Dreams From My Father" is the correct title. Also the author of that book is listed as Barack Obama. Nowhere on the cover or on any of the title pages is he called Barack Hussein Obama
Several theories occur to me here.
1. You never read the book.
2. You got that quote from an e-mail or blog which you never checked for accuracy.
3. The author of the e-mail/blog deliberately used Obama's middle name to provoke a racist reaction from his intended audience.
4. If the quote does exist somewhere in the book, the context is important.
5. All of the above.

Hank
04-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Race is still an issue primarily because it's part of the narrative of the left. There's money and votes to be had peddling that good ole racism line. it's the only way to keep the attention off of the failed policies of the social welfare state and ideology of victimhood (which has decimated the poor black communites) by framing their opponents as racists. We've seen this play out here in OT time and again.

A breathtakingly asinine assertion. let me get this straight...The effects of centuries of institutional racism,directly followed by decades of covert racism which required years of bloody civil rights battles to finally get the government to fully address and that cost many people their lives,would have gently faded into oblivion if the left did not "gin" it up.Then the effort to assist[social welfare] is attacked as a causal factor,a laughable rationalization to be sure.

mostpost
04-22-2011, 12:39 AM
There is no such quote on Page 15 of "From Dreams of My Father" In fact there is no such book. "Dreams From My Father" is the correct title. Also the author of that book is listed as Barack Obama. Nowhere on the cover or on any of the title pages is he called Barack Hussein Obama
Several theories occur to me here.
1. You never read the book.
2. You got that quote from an e-mail or blog which you never checked for accuracy.
3. The author of the e-mail/blog deliberately used Obama's middle name to provoke a racist reaction from his intended audience.
4. If the quote does exist somewhere in the book, the context is important.
5. All of the above.

Once again doing Tom's work for him, I found the quote he posted, on page XV of "Dreams From My Father." I know XV is 15, but it is not the same. I also found a snopes article on the subject.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp
From the book:
My wife's cousin, only six years old has already lost such innocence. A few weeks ago he reported to his parents that some of his first grade classmates had refused to play with him because of his dark, unblemished skin. ....One hears the pain in (his parents) voices as they begin to have second thoughts about having moved out of the city into a mostly white suburb.

They know too much, we have all seen too much, to take my parents brief union -a black man and a white woman, an African and an American - at face value. When people who don't know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it is usually a discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother's race at at the age of twelve or thirteen, when i began to suspect I was ingratiating myself to whites), I see the split second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign. They no longer know who I am.
The snopes article ends there but the book continues:
Privately, they guess at my troubled heart, I suppose - the mixed blood, the divided soul. the ghostly image of the tragic mulatto trapped between two worlds. And if I were to explain that no, the tragedy is not mine, or at least not mine alone, it is yours sons and daughters of Plymouth Rock and Ellis Island, it is yours children of Africa.....well, I suspect that I sound incrediably naive.

Since I know you will not understand this, or will choose to not understand it, let me explain what Obama is saying here. First, his decision to not volunteer that his mother was a white woman was not because he was ashamed of her or her race. It was because that information changed the way people looked at him - it altered their perception. In his mind he was black - that is how he looked, that is how people perceived him. Everything Obama writes in "Dreams From My Father" about his mother and her parents (his grandparents)
tells me he loves them deeply, but they are only half of his ancestry. The other half is equally important to him. He senses that the white half is more accepted than the black half and this troubles him. The book is about his journey to reconcile that conflict. If during that journey he expresses dismay at that fact who can blame him?

mostpost
04-22-2011, 12:55 AM
A breathtakingly asinine assertion. let me get this straight...The effects of centuries of institutional racism,directly followed by decades of covert racism which required years of bloody civil rights battles to finally get the government to fully address and that cost many people their lives,would have gently faded into oblivion if the left did not "gin" it up.Then the effort to assist[social welfare] is attacked as a causal factor,a laughable rationalization to be sure.
The sad part is that they genuinely believe what they write. So many black families are now on welfare, because they were not hired for jobs for the simple reason that they were not white. Many of the second and third generation are still on welfare because their parents could not afford to send them to good schools. Good schools do not exist in the areas where these people live because Republicans have always opposed funding them from more affluent areas.
Programs like affirmative action have not been as great a success as they could have been, because any attempts to improve the educational system in impoverished areas have been stymied by those same Republicans.
As a result we have had a continuing class of people who need affirmative action to get into colleges. We should have had the affirmative action program simultaneously with a concerted effort to improve primary and secondary education for all citizens. Instead we had stonewalling.

dav4463
04-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Give me specific examples of actions taken by Barack Obama that prove him a racist.

Going to Jeremiah Wright's church.

JustRalph
04-22-2011, 01:22 AM
The sad part is that they genuinely believe what they write. So many black families are now on welfare, because they were not hired for jobs for the simple reason that they were not white. Many of the second and third generation are still on welfare because their parents could not afford to send them to good schools. Good schools do not exist in the areas where these people live because Republicans have always opposed funding them from more affluent areas.

Programs like affirmative action have not been as great a success as they could have been, because any attempts to improve the educational system in impoverished areas have been stymied by those same Republicans.
As a result we have had a continuing class of people who need affirmative action to get into colleges. We should have had the affirmative action program simultaneously with a concerted effort to improve primary and secondary education for all citizens. Instead we had stonewalling.

The paragraph above is why the race issue is still a problem.

I guess the fact that DC Schools spend 25k a year on each student (well above other schools including private schools) and graduate about 60% of their students, is ignored when the big bad Repubs refuse to fund public schools huh? Btw, just where in the hell do you get the idea that the "affluent areas" have a responsibility to fund schools in the inner city?

Parents who cannot afford to send kids to school, shouldn't have kids...ever think of that?

Keep preaching this crap and giving people an excuse to fail, it's been working for 40 years now.

Btw, can you explain the popularity among Repubs when it comes to Herman Cain and Allen West? How about those racist Tea Party types who are calling from them to run on the same ticket ?

There are countless examples of hard working blacks who have refused to buy into the lies of the Dems/Libs who preach your drivel and they succeed in spite of the state of the state. Those who follow the company line.......end up right where your side wants them. Dependent on the Government and beholden to the likes of Barry and Biden, and the entire entitlement apparatus.

Tom
04-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Here is part of the problem...Hank, YOU were never a slave and I never owned one.

Get your head out of the past and start living in the present.
All that crap is history - what matters is what YOU and I do today. Start living like an individual man - not a memeber of an oppressed group. What other people. It has been done.

Stop playing the victim. The effort to assist kind of loses it's purpose by the third generation, no?

Tom
04-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Parents who cannot afford to send kids to school, shouldn't have kids...ever think of that?

That is what rich whitey is for, Ralph.

Let's Roll
04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ec0_1303444048

There is no need to say anything, just watch the video. Yo.

mostpost
04-22-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ec0_1303444048

There is no need to say anything, just watch the video. Yo.
There is no need to say anything, but you said it loud and clear. "Black people are savages who have no control over their emotions"
http://www.racematters.org/nytarchjb161.htm

http://www.racematters.org/nytarchjb169.htm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-081212-paris-witt,0,3694385.story

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/06/04/1511573/sc-police-black-man-shot-to-death.html

The links above are to stories about black men dragged to their deaths behind cars or trucks driven by white men. There is a difference between what I posted and what you posted. I state right here and now that the white men who performed these monstrous acts do not represent the white race in any way, shape or form. You, on the other hand make no such assertions about the women in your video. What other purpose would you have for posting that video other than to make blacks look bad.

I am not condoning what they did, but how do you know the beating was about race?

mostpost
04-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Here is part of the problem...Hank, YOU were never a slave and I never owned one.

Get your head out of the past and start living in the present.
All that crap is history - what matters is what YOU and I do today. Start living like an individual man - not a memeber of an oppressed group. What other people. It has been done.

Stop playing the victim. The effort to assist kind of loses it's purpose by the third generation, no?

History matters. Memories matter. What happened to you last week, last month, last year shapes who you are today. That you never owned a slave does not matter to someone who was one; or whose ancestors were slaves.

In my family, and in all families there are stories about our ancestors and their exploits -some mundane, some heroic, some embarrassing. We celebrate the heroic and try to ignore the embarrassing.

Imagine if our primary ancestral memory was that our forebears were owned by somebody; that their lives were not their own. If you can imagine that, you will understand the attitudes of many black people.

I have little hope of that happening. Your empathy quotient seems lacking.

Pell Mell
04-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Mosty, you are one sick SOB! Your mind only absorbs that which it wants to. Anything else, no matter how obvious, you are totally oblivious to.

There are some things in this world that are understood but one can't find a chart or graph to describe them so that leaves you out of the equation.

How you could live as long as you have and still be able to walk around baffles the mind. :bang:

bigmack
04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Imagine if our primary ancestral memory was that our forebears were owned by somebody; that their lives were not their own. If you can imagine that, you will understand the attitudes of many black people.
It's folk like you that still think Germans are Nazi's. While we can recognize the past, it's best for most to move forward without people like yourself around to encourage those who want to bask in a world of non-productivity a reason why they can't move forward.

Then, tax other people and give them handouts.

People like you are a huge part of the problem.

Tom
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
I have little hope of that happening. Your empathy quotient seems lacking.

My empathy is reserved for the slaves. None live today.

johnhannibalsmith
04-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Focusing on Sharpton or any individual figure's motives misses the point entirely.The reason race is still an issue in America is not at all complicated.Race is an issue because America is a racist entity.Its very foundation was built upon racism and genocide of the indigenous peoples and enslavement of African people.Racism Then led to the deaths of over half a million Americans in civil war.It's constitution then had to be amended [14th] to address the in racism inherent in it.This was followed by another century of racists Jim crow oppression and terrorism against "free" blacks to keep them is their place.Then at long last after over 3 centuries of blatant overt racism in 1964 after yet another constitutional amendment [24th] racism in America ended 'as official government policy.' Racism itself however lives on in the hearts and minds of many of our ignorant brethren.And please understand this is not a blanket indictment or harsh judgement of white Americans.Racism is so pervasive and infectious that some Blacks harbor subconscious racist sentiments vs themselves.This thread will likely provide evidence of my assertion.

While you aren't lying, you also miss part of the point as so many do when using this example.

Slavery was prominent throughout the world at that point in time - of all races. America, as flawed as it was at that time, fought a war to end it. It had always been a divisive part of our culture. Our flawed outlook on slavery at that point in history is always pointed out, but the flip-side that we as a nation largely recognized and fought it is often glossed over and even ignored to make the sole (and erroneous) point that somehow we were unique and unified in our policies about the practice.

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
There is no such quote on Page 15 of "From Dreams of My Father" In fact there is no such book. "Dreams From My Father" is the correct title.Whatever. Fact remains the quote was and is there. Just admit your error and move on.

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2011, 08:00 PM
As I thought you have nothing to back up what you say except a vague statement that racism is one of the main rallying cries of the party. What the hell does that even mean?It means the party of Democrats LOVES to "find" racism hidden around EVERY corner, no matter whether it exists or not. They call the Tea Party racist even though some of the most popular candidates in the Tea Party realm are black.

Almost everything boils down to race for this party. The ills of the world are always caused by rich WHITE men. "George Bush doesn't care about BLACK people." Louisiana would have been better served after Katrina had the victims been mostly WHITE...all this same bullshit over and over again...

If you don't think that racism plays a huge role in making the Democratic party wealthy...if you don't think it's a MAJOR fundraising ploy, whether intentional or not, then you are completely kidding yourself.

riskman
04-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Here is an article written by Rev.Jesse Lee Peterson in Jan. 2005 titled "Dr King and the Dream Today"

Our biggest barrier as black Americans is no longer the law, white Americans, or black leaders. It is ourselves. We must solve the problems in our own community. Seventy percent of black children born out of wedlock is unacceptable. Celebration of drugs and perverse sex in rap music must be rejected. The easy path of hatred – whether it be through adherence to the liberal Democratic Party, celebration of anti-American and racist assaults like Kwanzaa, or blaming our own failings on whites – must end, because at the end of the day, only our own lack of character will condemn us.

Read more: Dr. King and the Dream today http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=28498#ixzz1KId0UzUl

It takes awhile for the page to load.

sonnyp
04-22-2011, 08:09 PM
mostpost (http://member.php?u=5645)

vCash: 400

There is no need to say anything, but you said it loud and clear. "Black people are savages who have no control over their emotions"

i posted this in another thread.

#15 (http://showpost.php?p=1087265&postcount=15) sonnyp (http://member.php?u=9539)

vCash: 400

allow me to set this clip up. all the guys to the right are waiting in line to pick up pizzas in an akron ohio pizzeria.

the "young lady" enters and saunters to the counter and demands her food NOW !!! one of the guys in line has the audacity to tell her there is a line and it ends back there.

watch what happens :

http://youtu.be/eu0O1VNZWeE

the guys watching should have their b-lls cut off. oh, they don't have any.
Last edited by sonnyp : Today at 04:50 PM.

do you think this behavior is because they had ancestors that were slaves ? let's not even get into the tribal chiefs in africa that supplied the bodies for the initial transaction of the slave trade.

Let's Roll
04-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Here is an article written by Rev.Jesse Lee Peterson in Jan. 2005 titled "Dr King and the Dream Today"

Our biggest barrier as black Americans is no longer the law, white Americans, or black leaders. It is ourselves. We must solve the problems in our own community. Seventy percent of black children born out of wedlock is unacceptable. Celebration of drugs and perverse sex in rap music must be rejected. The easy path of hatred – whether it be through adherence to the liberal Democratic Party, celebration of anti-American and racist assaults like Kwanzaa, or blaming our own failings on whites – must end, because at the end of the day, only our own lack of character will condemn us.

Read more: Dr. King and the Dream today http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=28498#ixzz1KId0UzUl

Thank you for the comment and the link. The fellow who wrote that is a wise man, indeed.

Tom
04-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Maybe a good place to start is to start being just Americans, no hyphens.

mostpost
04-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Whatever. Fact remains the quote was and is there. Just admit your error and move on.

The quote was not where Tom said it was. The name of the book was wrong. Those were not my errors. I was the one who found the correct location of the quote and put it in its proper context. I think that is what you are upset about.

mostpost
04-22-2011, 11:34 PM
It means the party of Democrats LOVES to "find" racism hidden around EVERY corner, no matter whether it exists or not. They call the Tea Party racist even though some of the most popular candidates in the Tea Party realm are black.

Almost everything boils down to race for this party. The ills of the world are always caused by rich WHITE men. "George Bush doesn't care about BLACK people." Louisiana would have been better served after Katrina had the victims been mostly WHITE...all this same bullshit over and over again...

If you don't think that racism plays a huge role in making the Democratic party wealthy...if you don't think it's a MAJOR fundraising ploy, whether intentional or not, then you are completely kidding yourself.

I get fundraising e-mails all the time from Democrats. They say things like "Republicans are trying to steal your Social Security" and "Republicans will kill Medicare" and "Republicans are in bed with the insurance industry" and "Republican will give all the tax breaks to the rich" They never say anything about Republicans being anti black. So I don't know where you get that fundraising crap from.

If you want to talk about using race as an implied fundraising ploy take a look at this very thread.

SonnyP started us off with a video of Al Sharpton and several other black leaders discussing jobs and blacks, as if they had no right to have such a discussion; as if the very act of doing so was racist on their part.

In 53 and 56 Tom posted video and quotes which he thought proved Barack Obama was a racist who hated white people, but when you looked at those quotes in the context they were given it was clear this was not the case. At least if you looked with an objective eye.

In #65 Lets Roll posted a video of a white girl (maybe) being beaten by two black girls. It was a vicious beating, but would he have posted it had the situation been reversed? Would he have posted a video of a black girl being beaten by two white girls?

In # 75 SonnyP posted a video of a very large black man beating a white man in a pizza parlor. From the safety of his computer, he tells us how he would have leapt to the victims defense. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What was the purpose of posting that video? To show us that some black people are A______s. We already know that. Other black people know that.

No, the reason Sonnyp posted that video and Let's Roll posted his McDonalds video was that they believe that such actions are indicative of the black population at large. And they know that making such assumptions will be met favorably by a certain percentage of the white population.

mostpost
04-22-2011, 11:57 PM

Jesse Lee Peterson thinks Barack Obama is a socialist who hates white people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgpVQvqD1vQ

Jesse Lee Peterson also thinks that slavery was a great thing because it was a way of getting blacks from Africa to America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7jfKHmMv-Q&feature=related

This guy thinks the slave trade was a cruise line. He actually compares being chained up in the hold of a slave ship for weeks with sitting in economy on an airplane. He is an idiot of the first order. If you want him to be the poster boy for blacks in America, go right ahead.

bigmack
04-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Would he have posted a video of a black girl being beaten by two white girls?
Here's the $99K question. Can you find one?

johnhannibalsmith
04-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Mosite - I'm not sure if you already have an opinion on this guy or not, but I read a lot of his articles and enjoyed quite a few of them before even realizing he is a black man.

A lot of his opinions won't jive with yours, but this archive collection of some of his recent pieces is worth taking some time to read through. That's easy for me to say because he says about many subjects what I already tend to believe, yet, has also put some interesting perspectives on things that I shy away from, like economics.

Before I knew he was black and assumed he was a stuffy white dude, I found his commentary on many social issues, especially race, rather bold. Knowing that he is in fact a black man, I find him refreshing. I don't always agree with his every idea, but I look forward to reading nearly everything he submits.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell1.asp

Maybe he can say some of this stuff better than some of the forum members can. And maybe he can get away with saying some of it and making an impression because he is black. He's hardly "Uncle Tom" or some whackjob nutcase who happens to be black. If you draw that conclusion, well then...

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2011, 12:41 AM
I get fundraising e-mails all the time from Democrats. They say things like "Republicans are trying to steal your Social Security" and "Republicans will kill Medicare" and "Republicans are in bed with the insurance industry" and "Republican will give all the tax breaks to the rich" They never say anything about Republicans being anti black. So I don't know where you get that fundraising crap from.

If you want to talk about using race as an implied fundraising ploy take a look at this very thread.OK. Let's end with a very simple question.

If racism COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED tomorrow, which political party would benefit the most? Republicans or Democrats?

The Judge
04-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Looked like an elderly White Lady with a purse played some sort of a roll. Wonder why she wasn't attacked by the two Blacks girls they weren't restrained.

Lots of fights take place in Mc Donalds. Here is one where a teenager is sucker punched by, well the video speaks for itself just watch it.

http://bossip.com/365947/white-mcdonalds-manager-smashes-up-black-teenage-employee-for-eating-burger-on-clock-video69691/

bigmack
04-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Looked like an elderly White Lady with a purse played some sort of a roll. Wonder why she wasn't attacked by the two Blacks girls they weren't restrained.

Lots of fights take place in Mc Donalds. Here is one where a teenager is sucker punched by, well the video speaks for itself just watch it.
The Judge wonders why the elderly 'White Lady' wasn't ravaged. :eek:

Wow! Some interesting observations comin' out here.

Further he offers:

Video of an employee coming into work on his day off and expecting free food.

That makes sense. Get a job in food service and feel free to eat 'on the house' anytime you wish. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Pardon me for interrupting, but is there any evidence that the "three girl fight" or the "guy getting the free food fight" was racially motivated? Yes, both fights feature black on white and white on black....but....that doesn't mean the fights were racially motivated...

I haven't seen any evidence to indicate that either was, although I will admit, I haven't looked into it because I assumed somebody would have mentioned it if it were true.

The Judge
04-23-2011, 01:30 AM
The right wing saw what appeared to be two black girls beating up on a helpless white girl so they jumped in with both feet. But the truth is this had nothing to do with race and everything to do with GENDER. Now the right wing on Pace Advantage is caught in a funny position having condemned the two black girls as racist they must come to the defense of a Man using the womens rest room.

I know, I know its not about that its about the beating after all it's just not right.

If it was about race how could the elderly white lady break up the fight ? Thats the point.

Seems the two girls were arrested one was 14 and the other 18 the MAN was 22 years old.

http://www.bilerico.com/2011/04/transwoman_severely_beaten_at_baltimore_mcdonalds. php

Anyway enough time on this post I'm moving over to "How To Handle Westboro Church Members" post, where it kicking butt is not only accepted it is encouraged.

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2011, 01:32 AM
The right wing saw what appeared to be two black girls beating up on a helpless white girl so they jumped in with both feet. But the truth is this had nothing to do with race and everything to do with GENDER. Now the right wing on Pace Advantage is caught in a funny position having condemned the two black girls as racist they must come to the defense of a Man using the womens rest room.

I know, I know its not about that its about the beating after all it's just not right.

If it was about race how could the elderly white lady break up the fight ? Thats the point.

Seems the two girls were arrested one was 14 and the other 18 the MAN was 22 years old.

http://www.bilerico.com/2011/04/transwoman_severely_beaten_at_baltimore_mcdonalds. php

Anyway enough time on this post I'm moving over to "How To Handle Westboro Church Members" post, where it kicking butt is not only accepted it is encouraged.Sorry dude...I beat you to it by about five minutes...am I still "right wing" :lol:

Let me tell you though, if that were two white girls beating up on a black girl (or tranny, or whatever he/she was), then you better believe the cash registers would have been ringing at Democrat Party HQ, and Al & Jesse would have been on the case to let the whole world know that racism is still alive and well in America....CHA CHING!!!!

And it wouldn't have mattered in any way that the two white girls were beating up the black girl (or tranny, or whatever he/she was) because "he" was using the lady's room...see what I'm getting at here?

I knew that you would... :cool:

(Hopefully, mostpost is paying attention...he just might finally understand the point I've been making all along)

riskman
04-23-2011, 01:34 AM
If you want him to be the poster boy for blacks in America, go right ahead.

Figures you would have a rant about Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, who has helped men and women regain control of their lives, by teaching the importance of self-reliance and hold regularly scheduled meetings for young men and run character, mentor, and entrepreneur programs, and offer individual and family counseling.

chickenhead
04-23-2011, 01:44 AM
the problem of race relations basically boils down to poor communication.

Case in point. An older, crazy vietnam vet who happens to be white is sitting on a bus, minding his own business. He hears a voice in his head that says "Hey, I'll spit shine your shoes for you." just as a black guy walks by.

Forgetting that it's 2010, and not 1957 when people actually got spit shines, he thinks this sounds great -- he's got a funeral coming up on the weekend and his Stacey Adams could use a shine.

Naturally, he asks for a price quote from the black guy before committing to the deal.

Now this black guy, who has an IQ of around 80, isn't quite sure WTF this old crazy white man is talking about, how much for a spit shine? Why is he asking me this, because I'm black? Cuzz if so, I need to get my black angus on.

Hell no says the white guy, you could be a Chinaman and still shine my shoes -- you think I'm prejudiced?

Not the best retort -- but he's crazy, what's he gonna say.

As you might guess -- from this simple misunderstanding about the simple question of if a spit shine was legitamately offered, and at what price -- results in some ugly race bating by some black women, fistacuffs resulting in a quick dispatch, wounded pride, and an epic call for the "amber lamps" to come and help stitch up a leaking face.

lQJFv9SMSMQ

The Judge
04-23-2011, 01:45 AM
still right wing but fairer then most, let me qualify that ... most of the time.

I would like to find out what happened in the Women's bathroom ? What would you do if your young sister / wife etc. was using the restroom and a man walked in and set down in the next stall or stood up in the next stall for that matter. What would happen?

How do you know he is really trans-gender ? Does it matter?

bigmack
04-23-2011, 01:55 AM
I would like to find out what happened in the Women's bathroom ? What would you do if your young sister / wife etc. was using the restroom and a man walked in and set down in the next stall or stood up in the next stall for that matter. What would happen?
Oh, yeah. I hear that. I can understand how they went wild on her for whatever reason Right, mosty, judge, hank ? :rolleyes:

They may have had mighty good reason to bust up that bitch or HeBitch, huh? Hell yeah, prolly had it comin' to 'em. :lol: :lol:

Then they came back - ('Cause they was still upset) - And beat on 'her' s'more.
Oh yeah. It was an impulse - Right fellas? :lol: :lol:

The Judge
04-23-2011, 02:18 AM
I am sure you would have handled the situation with all the skill that you just turned me into the monster of the thread. When in fact it was you and your crew that posted it, while leaping to the conclusion that the fight was race motivated.

Enough of this right wing hand holding .I'm over to where the real men are hanging out, the post where its O.K to fight. Join me over at the Westboro post we are kicking some butt over there.

People fight for all sorts of reasons some good some bad. Yes I want the full story which I assumed happened before the fight started.

Remember Rodney King the police said the Video didn't capture what really happened. When the full story was told they were found not guilty might happen here who knows. I want to know the whole story.

Now find something wrong with that.

her s'more ? Down to that are we BIGMACK

bigmack
04-23-2011, 02:27 AM
her s'more ? Down to that are we BIGMACK
C'mon, TJ. I type like that all the time. Ain't nothin' special 'bout this thread.

What typically strikes me about such videos is the savageness of it. The color is secondary, if not at all.

You have to admit, it's pretty darn strange you wiggle for a reason it happening, when it's clear the level of violence is by far the issue at hand.

Tom
04-23-2011, 06:31 AM
In 53 and 56 Tom posted video and quotes which he thought proved Barack Obama was a racist who hated white people, but when you looked at those quotes in the context they were given it was clear this was not the case. At least if you looked with an objective eye.

That is the standard set by the left.
Live with it.

Marshall Bennett
04-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Most of these threads on racism basically amount to those that are sympathetic towards blacks arguing with those that aren't. Each side makes valid points, but in the end little is accomplished. Nothing changes.

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Wow, that old guy kicked the living shit out of the younger dude. That's all I saw there...

Moral of this thread? Don't ever **** with an older, bigger, CRAZIER, whiter dude, and never, ever, walk into a woman's restroom dressed as a girl. :lol:

mostpost
04-23-2011, 04:21 PM
(Hopefully, mostpost is paying attention...he just might finally understand the point I've been making all along)
I have given up on figuring out the point you think you are making. What I hear is the Democratic party receives contributions from people are racists. That is an interesting theory. Why would a racist contribute to the party which was responsible for desegregating the armed forces, passing the civil rights act, integrating southern colleges and universities and establishing affirmative action and quotas in colleges. These are all things that a racist would oppose.

mostpost
04-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Pardon me for interrupting, but is there any evidence that the "three girl fight" or the "guy getting the free food fight" was racially motivated? Yes, both fights feature black on white and white on black....but....that doesn't mean the fights were racially motivated...

I haven't seen any evidence to indicate that either was, although I will admit, I haven't looked into it because I assumed somebody would have mentioned it if it were true.

It is doubtful that the "Three girl fight" was racially motivated. It was presented here as though it was. The Sharpton video was also presented as an example of racism by blacks. It clearly was not.

bigmack
04-23-2011, 04:36 PM
It is doubtful that the "Three girl fight" was racially motivated. It was presented here as though it was. The Sharpton video was also presented as an example of racism by blacks. It clearly was not.
How have you determined its doubt? Might the rage behind their feverish flurry have something to do with race?

She/he was already on the ground. Why return to further the beat down? Something deep seeded there and yet you're at the ready to judge no malice intent.

You remain as predictable as ever.

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2011, 05:16 PM
(
I have given up on figuring out the point you think you are making. What I hear is the Democratic party receives contributions from people are racists.Once again, you are so wrong. This is not what you should be hearing, because this is not what I am saying.

It's like talking to a brick wall. :bang:

The Judge
04-24-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=87649

bigmack
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=87649
Does that help your case or hurt it?

The Judge
04-24-2011, 06:46 PM
my only statement was concerning race motivation for fight vs some other reason.

The person that "supposedly" took the video says it all started in the restroom when words were exchange as Chrissy refuse to use the Mens restroom. I still want to know the full story.

Men using womens restrooms will be coming up more and more. So what are the rules? Are there any rules?

I have been in restrooms when women have come in (usually at sporting events)
and its usually a hoot.

Yeah Yeah I already know that what ever the rules you can't beat them up.

mostpost
04-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Once again, you are so wrong. This is not what you should be hearing, because this is not what I am saying.

It's like talking to a brick wall. :bang:

I think you are saying one thing. You say no that's not it.
I think you are saying the opposite. You say no that's not it.
So I say maybe what you are saying is half way between the two.
I'm wrong again.

i am taking one more stab at it. There are two possibilities. One is you don't know how to express what you mean. The second is that no matter what I say, you will say I am wrong because you think that is an "OH SO CLEVER" way to win an argument.

PaceAdvantage
04-25-2011, 12:16 AM
It's very simply mosty. And I've already given an extreme analogy to help you understand, but I will repeat it again:

Some people like to claim that there will never be a cure for cancer because there are too many people making money off of treating cancer, like these huge treatment and research centers.

That is my belief when it comes to racism and the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has little to no incentive to help eradicate racism in America because the topic of racism, whether real or perceived, helps to fill their war chests with contributions each and every election. It helps keep them relevant as a party and helps to keep some of their most prominent members in the media.

I asked you a simple question which I don't think you ever answered. If racism were to be eradicated off the face of the Earth tomorrow, which political party would benefit the most? Democrats or Republicans?

This is a very simple and easy to grasp concept. Yet, you come back at me with some really off-the-wall stuff such as:Now you're saying they are supported by contributions from Blacks. Even though the average salary of blacks is well below that of whites. I never said or even implied such stuff, and can't begin to understand how you put these kinds of words in my mouth. This is what baffles me.

mostpost
04-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Wikipedia says Racism is the belief that the genetic factors that constitute race, ethnicity, or nationality are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that ethnic differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

But that is not how conservatives define racism. Conservatives post a video of black leaders discussing how to get more jobs for black people and cry that those black leaders are racist. Even though nothing is said by any of the leaders about blacks being superior or whites inferior. The only thing that is said is that blacks are not getting their fair share of jobs.

Conservatives post videos (here and elsewhere) of blacks engaged in violent behavior. They use these videos to prove that blacks hate white people or that they are violent. They argue that blacks do not deserve jobs because they are lazy. First they deny them the jobs, then they accuse them of laziness because they don't have jobs.

Conservatives have an exalted opinion of their own virtue. Almost any one of us white folks got out of school entered the labor market and got a job in a relatively short time. we may have been laid off from time to time, but we always got a job in fairly short order. We were never denied a job because we were white. we probably got jobs over more qualified applicants because we were white and they were not.
Certainly this does not happen now as much as years ago, but the effects are still being felt.

mostpost
04-25-2011, 12:30 AM
It's very simply mosty. And I've already given an extreme analogy to help you understand, but I will repeat it again:

Some people like to claim that there will never be a cure for cancer because there are too many people making money off of treating cancer, like these huge treatment and research centers.

That is my belief when it comes to racism and the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has little to no incentive to help eradicate racism in America because the topic of racism, whether real or perceived, helps to fill their war chests with contributions each and every election. It helps keep them relevant as a party and helps to keep some of their most prominent members in the media.

I asked you a simple question which I don't think you ever answered. If racism were to be eradicated off the face of the Earth tomorrow, which political party would benefit the most? Democrats or Republicans?

This is a very simple and easy to grasp concept. Yet, you come back at me with some really off-the-wall stuff such as:I never said or even implied such stuff, and can't begin to understand how you put these kinds of words in my mouth. This is what baffles me.

How about if the reason we have not cured cancer is we have not found a way to do it. People made money off of fighting polio, yet we now have a polio vaccine. The same can be said for small pox. Tuberculosis was a disease that kept thousands of Sanitariums running but today it is rare. If we cure cancer a new disease will come along to fill the void.

I did not answer your question on which party would benefit most from the elimination of racism because I do not know the answer. I have been thinking about it but every time I think I have a satisfactory answer an exception comes to mind which alters my opinion. I will continue to think on the subject.

Tom
04-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Obviously,the repubs.
We like to see people able to take responsiblilty for themselves and we all benefit when mankind grows and improves. Progress comes from people seeking to better themselves, not be taken care of.

The very essence of liberalism is dependency.

Marshall Bennett
04-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Yeah, hence our 14 trillion dollar debt. While not all of it can be blamed on that, it's the root cause of it.

Mike at A+
04-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I did not answer your question on which party would benefit most from the elimination of racism because I do not know the answer. I have been thinking about it but every time I think I have a satisfactory answer an exception comes to mind which alters my opinion. I will continue to think on the subject.
I'll try to assist. The Democrats want racism (real or perceived) in the forefront. This is how they keep the black vote. This is how they court the Hispanic vote. This is how they demonize "old white males". This is how they run campaigns. But alas, when all of a sudden a black Republican rises to a prominent position in government, they have no qualms calling them Uncle Toms or the "house ni99er". And when our half black president doesn't pursue the NBP case in Philly (which was a slam dunk conviction) and demonizes the Cambridge police for "acting stupidly", it becomes apparent that Democrats actually see nothing wrong about holding themselves to a much lower standard than everyone else. Without the race card, without the abortion card, without class warfare and without scaring seniors, gays, minorities or whatever group they are currently courting, they wouldn't win many elections. They understand that a large percentage of stupid voters are easy pickins. All it takes is a scary white boogeyman and a cute slogan.

cj's dad
04-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Mike- you keep knocking them out of the park.

mostpost
04-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Mike- you keep knocking them out of the park.

Being that you are from Baltimore I can understand your affinity for the Baltimore Chop. Problem is, not only does Mike from A+ not hit 'em outta the park, he strikes out more than Boog Powell.

Mike at A+
04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Being that you are from Baltimore I can understand your affinity for the Baltimore Chop. Problem is, not only does Mike from A+ not hit 'em outta the park, he strikes out more than Boog Powell.
Like I said, cute slogans, no substance.

mostpost
04-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I'll try to assist. The Democrats want racism (real or perceived) in the forefront. This is how they keep the black vote. This is how they court the Hispanic vote.
You totally confuse me. I barely know how to answer. Democrats tell blacks and Hispanics that Republicans are not looking out for their interests. Right? That is not racism, because Republicans are not looking out for the interests of blacks and Hispanics. Blacks and Hispanics being not stupid see this and vote Democratic.
This is how they demonize "old white males
I am an old white male, but I don't think of myself that way. Or rather I don't think of myself in only those terms. I do not feel one bit demonized. But maybe that's because I don't think blacks and Hispanics have any greater a percentage of slackers than whites. Maybe there is a reason you feel demonized. :rolleyes:

This is how they run campaigns. But alas, when all of a sudden a black Republican rises to a prominent position in government, they have no qualms calling them Uncle Toms or the "house ni99er".
I have not seen either of those terms used. Provide a link to their use by a prominent democrat such as a member of the administration, a member of Congress, a member of the Democratic committee, a media member. (Bloggers with an audience of twelve don't count.)

And when our half black president doesn't pursue the NBP case in Philly (which was a slam dunk conviction)
It was a slam dunk conviction even though not a single person who voted in that precinct complained that they were intimidated by the two men. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Even though neither of the two men made any move to stop anyone from entering the polling place. Even though the New Black Panther Party has about nine members.

and demonizes the Cambridge police for "acting stupidly", it becomes apparent that Democrats actually see nothing wrong about holding themselves to a much lower standard than everyone else. Without the race card, without the abortion card, without class warfare and without scaring seniors, gays, minorities or whatever group they are currently courting, they wouldn't win many elections. They understand that a large percentage of stupid voters are easy pickins. All it takes is a scary white boogeyman and a cute slogan.

It is very amusing how you talk about playing the abortion card. I don't remember the last time a Republican offered a bill in Congress which would outlaw abortion. They offer plenty of "flea on an elephant's butt" proposals, but never anything which would eliminate the debate. Why not? Because they know they have an issue which a certain demographic in their party is passionate about. They have milked that issue for almost forty years. They will not abandon it.

It was not Democrats who tried to scare Seniors with talk of death panels which did not exist. It was Republicans. It was not Democrats who tried to scare people into thinking that giving gay people their rights would destroy marriage. It was Republicans.

Endlessly repeating Republican talking points does not make you seem smart.
It makes you seem like Mike (deserving of) an F-.

fast4522
04-25-2011, 08:17 PM
My mom used to say that there was good and bad in all kinds, something I have come to accept as truth. But anyone asking why is just someone sending you off into another what came first the chicken or the egg routine because they think they are that smart. What a joke.

Mike at A+
04-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Democrats go a little further that saying Republicans aren't looking out for the interests of blacks and Hispanics. Democrats equate opposition to illegals as being anti-Hispanic when it's nothing more than anti-illegal. Obama himself has many times given speeches to mainly black audiences demonizing Republicans as wanting to go back to the days of slavery and the KKK. Very subtly of course. I won't even quote his pastor who demonized whites in every sermon while Obama sat in a front row pew nodding his approval.

I've seen BOTH of those terms used by bloggers who have a lot more than 12 followers. And the keepers of the blog sites never seem to be in a rush to take down the offensive comments made about people like Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Alan West, Lynn Swann, Juan Williams and several others. When a black Republican rises to prominence, you just know those words (and others like "token negro") will be used by liberals to describe them. But God forbid a Republican criticizing Tiger Woods for infidelity is heard. That's straight up racism.

As for the NBP case, there doesn't have to be a complaint for a crime having been committed. If you carry a loaded gun into a bar without a license to carry, you committed a crime. Even though no one saw the gun.

Don't get hung up on the term "death panel". When healthcare is rationed as it is in Obamacare, there will be more deaths than if it wasn't rationed. The left has latched onto that term just as they latched onto "birther" and just as the right has latched onto the term "911 truther".

And once again, I don't repeat "talking points". I speak what I feel. If it just so happens that others are saying the same things, it shouldn't puzzle you that two people could arrive at the same common sense conclusions independently of each other.

cj's dad
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Once again, no substance, only hyperbole !!