PDA

View Full Version : McCourt Ousted under Investigation?

redshift1
04-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Good news for Dodger fans.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/20/breaking-mlb-to-take-over-the-dodgers-financial-operations/related

ElKabong
04-21-2011, 01:21 AM
sure wish i could move this story ahead 3 yrs and see how it shakes out...i bet one of selig's buddies profits nicely in the end...the expos - marlins fiasco still pisses me off.

bigmack
04-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Mc's ought not to get married.

This dunce was sipping on the equity in the team like a big gulp straw for his idiotic lifestyle. Walkin' around with his shot-out wife, complete with 9 homes.

I think I was a 'Yuppie' for about a year. This guy and his wife should never have been.

Robert Goren
04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
When I heard the ESPN teaser that a Major League team was taken over, I thought it would be the Mets. They can't be far behind.

OTM Al
04-21-2011, 01:04 PM
When I heard the ESPN teaser that a Major League team was taken over, I thought it would be the Mets. They can't be far behind.

Some believe MLB is in effect already running the Mets, or at least paving the way, with the hire of Sandy Alderson this off season. He has very close ties to Mr. Selig.

Kind of interesting that its the teams in the biggest markets that are having the most trouble these days isn't it.

onefast99
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
A strong statement saying the Mets situation isn't at all similar to the Dodgers was made by the commissioner today.

ElKabong
04-23-2011, 01:44 AM
saw a funny write up today....

"Commisioner Bud Selig announced today that MLB is imposing a takeover of the state govt of California, for the same reasons he acted upon the LA Dodgers".....

was funny

ElKabong
04-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Some believe MLB is in effect already running the Mets, or at least paving the way, with the hire of Sandy Alderson this off season. He has very close ties to Mr. Selig.

Kind of interesting that its the teams in the biggest markets that are having the most trouble these days isn't it.

From what I read, Mccourt was leveraged out the yang to buy the Dodgers. How that sale went thru, Bud will need to explain someday. I understand there are stricter guidelines for prospective buyrers now

Wilpon from what I hear was Madoff'd. Not sure of other factors......seems ridiculous NY or LA would have these problems