04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Oldness? This was yesterday.

GameTheory
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Oldness? This was yesterday.
It is dated Dec 22, 2009.

ArlJim78
04-20-2011, 05:36 PM
That video is old, but Rush was playing some fresh comments today from a recent Wynn interview. So far I can't find a copy of it.

sonnyp
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
i posted this in the political poll thread :

sonnyp (http://member.php?u=9539)

vCash: 400

steve wynn, being interviewed by cavuto, says that, even though he voted for him, the lies and misrepresentations being perpetrated by the obama administration are "outrageous".

he notes that, not only in las vegas, but all over our country the standard of living of average people is plummeting. gas-up, food-up, education-up.

he says the fed is keeping interest rates low, artificially, and eventually they have to go up. when that happens......big,big trouble.

he says this train in washington must be stopped and the wave that started in the last election had better continue.

is he right or wrong ?

by the way, he mentioned that his investment in china was "fortunate" because it buffered what's happened in las vegas, but he has indicators that things are slowly getting better in las vegas.

here's the interview:
http://youtu.be/flHz5SMvyl4

Mike at A+
04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
It is dated Dec 22, 2009.
OK, looks like I posted the wrong one. He was on Cavuto today and I must have Googled the wrong link.

riskman
04-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the random oldness :ThmbUp:

Speaking of random oldness. How's that Hope and Change working out for y'all?

http://www.betterthanpants.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/165x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/o/o/oops.gif

sonnyp
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Speaking of random oldness. How's that Hope and Change working out for y'all?

http://www.betterthanpants.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/165x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/o/o/oops.gif

i know it's still early but the experts say he'll be back for another 4 years. really tough for me to swallow. can you just imagine where we will be by then ? scarrrrrrry

JustRalph
04-20-2011, 07:56 PM
OK, looks like I posted the wrong one. He was on Cavuto today and I must have Googled the wrong link.

3NPz7D5Uc60

mostpost
04-20-2011, 09:33 PM
i posted this in the political poll thread :

sonnyp (http://member.php?u=9539)

vCash: 400

steve wynn, being interviewed by cavuto, says that, even though he voted for him, the lies and misrepresentations being perpetrated by the obama administration are "outrageous".

he notes that, not only in las vegas, but all over our country the standard of living of average people is plummeting. gas-up, food-up, education-up.

he says the fed is keeping interest rates low, artificially, and eventually they have to go up. when that happens......big,big trouble.

he says this train in washington must be stopped and the wave that started in the last election had better continue.

is he right or wrong ?

by the way, he mentioned that his investment in china was "fortunate" because it buffered what's happened in las vegas, but he has indicators that things are slowly getting better in las vegas.

here's the interview:
http://youtu.be/flHz5SMvyl4
Steve Wynn is spouting right wing propaganda, which naturally makes him very popular around here.

He cries crocodile tears because his employees standard of living is declining. What a phony! At the beginning of the segment we hear that Wynn Industries earnings are up 40% over the previous year. What does Wynn do? He, oh so generously, gives his employees a freakin' Cost of Living increase. I have no idea what he based the COL on since the consumer price index was flat last year. Is there such a thing as a 0% increase? And while he gives them this increase with one hand, with the other he increases the co-pay on their health insurance. If the standard of living is plummeting it is because people like Steve Wynn are increasing their earnings by 40% and keeping it all for themselves.

Then he's talking about the dollar and how its value is declining and how that is potentially disastrous. True, but here is what he does not mention.
Here are some facts.
January 2001 the dollar is worth 1.05652 Euros.
January 2008 the dollar is worth . 684791 Euros.
That is a decline of .371729 Euros. A drop of 35%.
Look it up and tell me which party controlled the Executive branch throughout all of that period and which controlled the legislature through most of it.
So, what happened after that? Well I can't honestly say there was improvement. The dollar now stands at .688942 Euros. But that tiny increase is better than a 35% decrease.

Here is an interesting tidbit. At the start of 2011 the dollar was worth .749176 Euros. On Jan. 3(?) Republicans took control of the House of Representatives.

Tom
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Steve Wynn is spouting right wing propaganda, which naturally makes him very popular around here.

Or as the rest of the world call it, the truth.
I keep forgetting, you have a natural immunity to it.

So gas station owners are all millionaires?

mostpost
04-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Or as the rest of the world call it, the truth.
I keep forgetting, you have a natural immunity to it.

So gas station owners are all millionaires?

I missed where I said gas station owners are all millionaires. When people were calling for a boycott of all BP products, I continued to patronize Riverside BP because I did not think that Kirk was responsible for the events at Deepwater Horizon.

Robert Goren
04-20-2011, 10:35 PM
As for gas station owners being millionaires, that is for most part true. We are talking about owners here, not leasees who are differnent story entirely. Unless you are talking about a small town. In Lincoln there are 9 enities who own all except 2, maybe 3 of the retail gasoline outlets. There are a bunch of leasees. All the gas goes through 6 jobbers who also own a lot of the outlets. The rise in the price of gasoline in 2008 put a real hurt on those in the retail end of the business. The price went up, the margin remained the same.

Tom
04-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Point being, there is a huge difference between a billionaire and a gas station owner, that President Barry Soetoro refuses to acknowledge.

Robert Goren
04-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Point being, there is a huge difference between a billionaire and a gas station owner, that President Barry Soetoro refuses to acknowledge.The billionaire can ramble on about his beliefs, but gas station owner(no matter which side of an issue he is on) has to be queit for fear of losing business. Politics and small business don't mix and the small business who doesn't know that isn't in business very long.