PDA

View Full Version : This can not be for real

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 05:13 PM
today, new york state enacted a law which is for "the protection of children". it lists activities, including : freeze tag, whiffle ball, red rover, dodge ball, kickball and a few more activities which the state deems highly likely to cause injuries and dangerous.

if any entity participates in 2 or more of these activities, it must now register and pay a fee to the state of new york.

you must be bullshi-ting me ?

does this sh-t ever stop ?

woodtoo
04-19-2011, 05:36 PM
You can not make this stuff up:bang:

mostpost
04-19-2011, 05:38 PM
today, new york state enacted a law which is for "the protection of children". it lists activities, including : freeze tag, whiffle ball, red rover, dodge ball, kickball and a few more activities which the state deems highly likely to cause injuries and dangerous.

if any entity participates in 2 or more of these activities, it must now register and pay a fee to the state of new york.

you must be bullshi-ting me ?

does this sh-t ever stop ?

GOOD I still have bruises from dodge ball I played in the fifties and I am a charter inductee into the Red Rover Hall of Shame!!!!!

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
seee.......that's why you love these liberal politicians. you're getting payback for all those blows you took as a kid. good for you.

wisconsin
04-19-2011, 06:55 PM
This ranks right up there with outcome based youth soccer and baseball, where nobody really keeps "score".

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 07:05 PM
i honestly don't know how we stave off anarchy with laws like these being written.

who can take these politicians or what they do seriously ?

cj's dad
04-19-2011, 08:16 PM
GOOD I still have bruises from dodge ball I played in the fifties and I am a charter inductee into the Red Rover Hall of Shame!!!!!

Somehow, I just knew you were not athletically inclined !!

toetoe
04-19-2011, 08:23 PM
My favorite was the game the teachers made of hunting down us smokers in the boys' room or on The Path. They called it 'Capture the Fag'.

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 08:36 PM
capture the flag is on the list. very, very dangerous and in need of governmental regulation.

Mike at A+
04-19-2011, 08:39 PM
The sissification of America.

swami13
04-19-2011, 09:07 PM
whiffle ball? how is that dangerous?

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM

they (the legislators) should be beaten with whiffle ball bats. seriously

Tom
04-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey Mac!

Check.

ArlJim78
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Glenn Beck praises the regulation.:lol:

N3yDPRGvVLQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3yDPRGvVLQ&feature=player_embedded

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 10:00 PM
it's funny and laughable but as long as it's on the books they'll enforce it.

the laws of the land regarding gambling are just as laughable but they've ruined many lives enforcing those. ask the poker players.

government, absolutely, out of control and even with current affairs in every aspect of our lives.....they can not control themselves and realize that things like this are non of their f--kin business.

bigmack
04-19-2011, 10:06 PM
they've ruined many lives enforcing those. ask the poker players.
Do tell. What happan?
Hey Mac!
Check.
You're already in check. I'm 2 moves from mate. :cool:

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2011, 10:42 PM
They must be putting something in the water to make people accept the garbage that comes out of these politicians lately...

Is the state that desperate or are they looking for sources of revenue to pay for Obamacare once that gets going full bore?

HUSKER55
04-20-2011, 12:12 AM
PA, you may be onto something. Don't give them any ideas.

newtothegame
04-20-2011, 01:19 AM
it's funny and laughable but as long as it's on the books they'll enforce it.

the laws of the land regarding gambling are just as laughable but they've ruined many lives enforcing those. ask the poker players.

government, absolutely, out of control and even with current affairs in every aspect of our lives.....they can not control themselves and realize that things like this are non of their f--kin business.
Actually sonny, not that I disagree with most of what your saying...but, there are many laws that are NOT enforced. Just look no further then our southern border.
Regarding gambling, its NOT just as laughable. Why do you think they just went after the poker sites??? Not just because it's a law....but because its REVENUE that uncle sam is losing out on.
Hardly any revenue in whiffle ball for uncle sam.
I don't see this law really being enforced much. It's more pandering to the "nanny state" idea.

sonnyp
04-20-2011, 01:29 AM
than regulate it, take their undeserved pound of flesh taxes and get lost. don't shut it down.

interesting timing also...wash.dc passes internet on thurs and the fed bust comes fri,
one account called it old fashioned chitown thuggery.

i hope blago blows the whistle on all the hypocrites.

ArlJim78
04-20-2011, 07:09 AM
1http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xot-XOXdqDw/Ta629Hlk4pI/AAAAAAAAlFk/fXJtRUa-Ab0/s400/110420-safety.jpg

Canarsie
04-20-2011, 07:57 AM
I doubt this will be enforced by more than a few cops. Back in the day I used to hitchhike all over and place (and cross country) and was only pulled over only once locally. The guy said don't do it and of course as soon as he left our thumbs went out again. He went around the block told us we were under arrest (if I remember correctly) and took us to the station house. One of the older guys asked what we were busted for and he said hitchhiking. The place exploded into a loud boom of laughter and they began ridiculing the rookie. Needless to say we were allowed to leave without being fingerprinted or being issued a ticket.

Now having said all of that this has to be one of the dumbest laws to be even considered. The only thing I could think of is someone sustained an injury from dodge ball that could possibly happen if a heavy ball was used.

What's even more crazy is in today's world can you get 10-12 kids to play it. We never had a problem playing baseball on Sundays it was first come played. The basketball courts were all filled up 9 months out of the year and we still played a little in the winter. When I went back to where I grew up one court was being used and that for a 2 on 2 game.

Does anyone have a vote tally on this as it had to pass two chambers?

Marshall Bennett
04-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Torn rotator cuff throwing it?

HUSKER55
04-20-2011, 10:54 AM
This oughta be good. When I was a kid they taught judo and wrestling as a sports. You could do down to the Y and box with the others working out and if there was someone close to your size you could particpate in matches.

Can you imagine how big a jail would have to be to hold that many people?

:D

I am wondering if those laws were passed to escape liability in case of accidents. Those athletic policies ran about $20 back when I was a kid but I have no idea what they cost now. Bet it is more.

Your tax dollars at work

Tom
04-20-2011, 01:28 PM
It is gone away. Kaput. No more.
Decision reversed, did Governor Andy make a call or two?

He seems so far to be one of a very few in NY with a brain. Even being a dem! Go figure.

sonnyp
04-20-2011, 01:57 PM
well good.....now what's the bill to the good people of ny for that legislative endeavor ?

(kinda like our non-war in libya...what ever happened with that and how much was that bill ?)

Tom
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Lots of money so far on a non-war.