PDA

View Full Version : Players pool 100k on Rainbow 6

teddy
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Isnt that equivical to a 2million dollar bet. Does that have any prayer of making money. They would need the only ticket. But with all the cash going after that it seems like they will be losing thier backside if they do hit. Wouldnt 10k be better.

toetoe
04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Is this a rumor, or do we have sworn statements ?

Ten-deep in every leg will cost $100,000, but that may not cover all combinations anyway.

The sheer size of the carryover may make such an investment almost wise, and maybe banging some chalky tickets more than once will make sense. I wonder what they would consider a good result --- 20% profit, maybe ? Also, I presume no 5-o'-6 consolations will be paid ... :confused:

therussmeister
04-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Is this a rumor, or do we have sworn statements ?

I wonder what they would consider a good result --- 20% profit, maybe ? Also, I presume no 5-o'-6 consolations will be paid ... :confused:
But they will have to wait until they file next years taxes to see the 20% profit.

Stillriledup
04-19-2011, 06:25 PM
These guys better hope that there isnt an easy race or two with a 3-5 shot winner. If that happens, they're going to get destroyed, no way it pays anything close to 100k for a dime if that happens.

I suggested in another thread that GP should make the bet as easy as possible, they really have no reason to card the 6 hardest races like they normally do, they want EVERYONE investing, even the littlest guy who can only afford a 10 dollar ticket. If the pick 6 looks like a few short fields, the smallest players can get involved. This is what they should be shooting for. But, they're not that smart i'm guessing and they'll card the hardest 6 races out of habit.

Spiderman
04-19-2011, 07:30 PM
But they will have to wait until they file next years taxes to see the 20% profit.
They will have to file on Schedule A if they wish to claim losses against winnings. Stupid bet for people to participate in.

Stillriledup
04-19-2011, 07:46 PM
They will have to file on Schedule A if they wish to claim losses against winnings. Stupid bet for people to participate in.

Its a horrendous bet to invest in this syndicate. If they're betting 100k and you invest 100 dollars, and they hit the thing once, your 100 dollars will hit the pick 6 for 1/100th of a penny, or, something bizarre like that.

Do you know how much this pick 6 would have to pay to make it worth your while to have 1/1000th of the bet?

horses4courses
04-19-2011, 08:17 PM
If the pool stays intact until Saturday, this bet is a small player's dream.
As I stated on another thread, this syndicate would be far better off taking their $100K swing before Saturday, and hope they take it down themselves.

Playing that amount into an already enormous pool is playing right into the hands of the small bettor.
With 10 cent increments, the chances of them being the only winning ticket are slim to none.
If 3, or more, favorites come in on Saturday's races, they're looking at a loss on their investment for sure.

I play at TwinSpires - but not into this pool. :ThmbDown:

Valuist
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
These guys better hope that there isnt an easy race or two with a 3-5 shot winner. If that happens, they're going to get destroyed, no way it pays anything close to 100k for a dime if that happens.

I suggested in another thread that GP should make the bet as easy as possible, they really have no reason to card the 6 hardest races like they normally do, they want EVERYONE investing, even the littlest guy who can only afford a 10 dollar ticket. If the pick 6 looks like a few short fields, the smallest players can get involved. This is what they should be shooting for. But, they're not that smart i'm guessing and they'll card the hardest 6 races out of habit.

So much for the short field/easy route.....

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/GP042311USA-EQB.html

mistergee
04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
$248,832 to cover every combo

Stillriledup
04-20-2011, 09:31 PM
So much for the short field/easy route.....

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/GP042311USA-EQB.html

Geez, you ain't whistling dixie.

Immanuel Kant
04-24-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm trying to find out what the return on the $10 investment was.

I read on one site it was $0.33. Does anyone here know this for a fact?

rgustafson
04-24-2011, 10:24 AM

Since it was hit for twenty cents it should be $.066. for $10 spent.

Robert Goren
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
One of worst bets ever invented, which why so many tracks are putting it into their wagering menu.

NTamm1215
04-24-2011, 01:17 PM
One of worst bets ever invented, which why so many tracks are putting it into their wagering menu.

Who put it in their wagering menu besides Lone Star?

You might be confused with the Pick 5, which a great deal of tracks are adding now, the majority with a very low takeout (Pimlico, Delaware, Calder, Hollywood).

I'm not a great fan of the Rainbow Six in general but if once a meet it can generate the interest that yesterday's did then it's great for a track that previously didn't have much handle in a conventional Pick 6.

Hoofless_Wonder
04-24-2011, 11:14 PM

That's correct. I put in $10 just so I could see the tickets they created. The worst possible payoff hit, with the five horse in the last race only being alive on a single 10 cent ticket. Saw Twinspires credited my account that WHOPPING 33 cents last night......

horses4courses
04-24-2011, 11:34 PM
That's correct. I put in $10 just so I could see the tickets they created. The worst possible payoff hit, with the five horse in the last race only being alive on a single 10 cent ticket. Saw Twinspires credited my account that WHOPPING 33 cents last night......

I'm in TwinSpires, but am not interested in these pool plays.
Let me get this straight.
You invested $10. So, my question is this:
Your return of .33 cents was actual profit or, did you wind up losing $9.67?
I'm guessing the latter......

Robert Goren
04-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Who put it in their wagering menu besides Lone Star?

You might be confused with the Pick 5, which a great deal of tracks are adding now, the majority with a very low takeout (Pimlico, Delaware, Calder, Hollywood).

I'm not a great fan of the Rainbow Six in general but if once a meet it can generate the interest that yesterday's did then it's great for a track that previously didn't have much handle in a conventional Pick 6. You could be right, but pick 5s even with lower takeouts are still not good bets. If they are carry over bets, then they are even worse. It is attempt by the tracks to get you to handicap a race you would ordinarily not. You betting with no idea of what kind of odds you are getting. On top of that, they figure once you handicap it, you will also bet one of their higher takeout pools. It takes a very strong person to pass race after you figured out the "winner".

Hoofless_Wonder
04-27-2011, 02:10 AM
I'm in TwinSpires, but am not interested in these pool plays.
Let me get this straight.
You invested $10. So, my question is this:
Your return of .33 cents was actual profit or, did you wind up losing $9.67?
I'm guessing the latter......

Yes, I turned $10 into $0.33, or an ROI of -0.97. D'oh! I struggled the whole meet at Gulfstream, and was hoping to get some insight into some longer shots by reviewing the Player's Pool tickets, and maybe play a couple of pick 3s and hope for a juicy payoff. But as the chalk started to roll in early, I backed off on that plan, and only made one decent sized wp bet on the 12 horse in the 11th race - who struggled home a well-beaten third. Double d'oh!:bang:

I still like the Rainbow 6 bet, however. I never bet a big ticket on it, 'cause I never found a day in which I could anchor it with three singles, which is the only time I like to bet a pick 6. But if they bring that to NYRA, then I'll be in business.....