PDA

View Full Version : Ho-Hum, a tornado is heading right for me

ArlJim78
04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
This guy sitting in his car, talking to his wife or family member, and filming a tornado that comes very close. All the while as cool as a cucumber.

UgwJfoZ-12c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgwJfoZ-12c&feature=player_embedded

Rookies
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
" Dear, sorry I can't talk to you anymore because a branch just ripped through my car and took my head off... "

Just what high are these doofi on ? :rolleyes:

Are they so slack jawed dumb that they roll the die on the next 2 minutes of their life ?

ArlJim78
04-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Far from slack-jawed Rookies, when interviewed as to why he was so calm, Hoag replied "I'm a marine, and I love Jesus".

Rookies
04-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Far from slack-jawed Rookies, when interviewed as to why he was so calm, Hoag replied "I'm a marine, and I love Jesus".

So he's willing to sacrifice his life to Jesus (on behalf of his family) for what- a glorified thunderstorm ?

A selfish, delusional fool imho.

mostpost
04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Remember the story about the man who was trapped on his roof during a flood?
A boat came by to rescue him and he said . "Thank You, no. God will provide."
A second boat came by and he waved them off saying "God will provide"
The same thing happened when a third boat came by and finally a helicopter appeared and again he refused rescue saying "God will provide."

Shortly there after he was swept of the roof and drowned. When he arrived at the pearly gates he said, "God, I had faith in you and you failed me. Why did you let me drown. God replied, "Idiot, I sent you three boats and a helicopter."

ArlJim78
04-18-2011, 04:41 PM
So he's willing to sacrifice his life to Jesus (on behalf of his family) for what- a glorified thunderstorm ?

A selfish, delusional fool imho.
you must have watched another video, I didn't see the one where the guy is willing to sacrifice his life to Jesus. I saw the one where the guy acted calmly as the funnel cloud passed by a few hundred yards to his left.

Rookies
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
you must have watched another video, I didn't see the one where the guy is willing to sacrifice his life to Jesus. I saw the one where the guy acted calmly as the funnel cloud passed by a few hundred yards to his left.

Jim, the video I saw, some fool SAT while a tornado closed in! Compare this to those in vehicles in Japan who saw the sunami approach. They hightailed it out of there, according to the videos.

Tom
04-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow, you make long leaps.

RaceBookJoe
04-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Reminds me of Bernanke and the coming inflation. rbj

JustRalph
04-19-2011, 01:00 AM
I don't think I would have stayed.........

this guy must carry them around in a bowling bag

Grits
04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I live one county over from where this video was shot. Last Saturday, I left about noon for the OTB in Virginia to watch racing, particularly the Blue Grass Stakes and the Arkansas Derby, I was aware of a chance of storms, but nothing as bad as this.

At noon, there was more traffic on I-95 than I've seen since last July 4th week. All of the traffic, though, was southbound. Every 4th or 5th car, with a luggage carrier on top. For Easter break, many in the northeast come to the NC and SC beaches.

While at the OTB all afternoon, I didn't notice the storms growing worse, until the satellite feed was lost. For over an hour, the rain outside was pelting and blowing--sideways--the trees bent the same.

Motorists were backed up and halted, south of my county as the storms bore down through Wilson, Cumberland, Robeson, Lee counties, and further points south. North to Halifax, North Hampton, Bertie counties, into southern Va, where I was, as well as counties to the east and to the west. Wake county, (Raleigh) was hard hit. Bertie county, in Northeastern NC, the hardest hit of all.

44 people lost their lives with countless injuries, while homes and businesses were completely obliderated. Some of these could easily be seen (and videoed) sitting in an automobile on I-95, as the tornadoes touched down and spawned up and down the Interstate.

I was lucky, I was 20 miles from the nearest community hit. My county, where I live, the same 20 miles. Again, I and my family were lucky. So many were not. The state was quickly declared a disaster area needing emergency relief. FEMA is now on the ground as are many relief organizations, Red Cross, etc, etc. more tornadoes recorded here than any day in history.

There were more tornadoes recorded here than any day on record. 28, the last count, there may be more to come according to the NWS. The F3s were particularly crushing. These things in a short span of time, on the ground for almost 100 miles--a whole lot of pain and devastation.

Its sad to see so many lose so much so quickly. One family lost 4 children. The photos have been heartwrenching.

Rookies, these things were everywhere, some had NO WHERE to run to get out of harm's way. It wasn't so much a matter of "slack jawed dumbness." It really wasn't.

This is a map of the counties affected by the storms. Its pretty widespread.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/172418/1/Two-More-Tornadoes-Confirmed-In-NC-28-Total

Grits
04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Forgive the sentences, typed twice, as I restructured some of the paragraphs. One has so little time to correct something. :confused:

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Forgive the sentences, typed twice, as I restructured some of the paragraphs. One has so little time to correct something. :confused:Sorry about that...back to normal now.

I think I fixed your post...

Grits
04-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Thank ya, bud! ;)