PDA

View Full Version : Parx Claim

Beachbabe
04-18-2011, 02:12 PM
In the third race today, a horse named No Fly Zone was claimed by a "Keith Jones". Does anyone know if this is the track announcer that claimed him. I notice Keith isn't calling the races today at Parx.

Jay Trotter
04-18-2011, 02:43 PM
In the third race today, a horse named No Fly Zone was claimed by a "Keith Jones". Does anyone know if this is the track announcer that claimed him. I notice Keith isn't calling the races today at Parx.

I believe their was a Keith Jones who was a hockey player for the Philadelphia Flyers who was into the races! I'm just spitballing here so don't come back at me on this! :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
04-18-2011, 02:51 PM
jay trotter got that one spot on. i asked the same question a few weeks ago.

Rise Over Run
04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes, that's Keith Jones the former hockey player and current studio host for NHL coverage on Versus. He owns a farm in south Jersey which I think is in the Southampton / Tabernacle area. I didn't think he was too involved in owning active race horse, but maybe somehthing has changed. I think he was somewhat involved in Toccet about 7-8 years ago.

I've seen him a few times at the Turf Club in south Philly next to the stadiums; so he definitely likes to play the ponies.

toetoe
04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
jay trotter got that one spot on. i asked the same question a few weeks ago.

Somebody's having a very good day. :ThmbUp: