PDA

View Full Version : Send in the clowns...Trump

Tape Reader
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
News media has been going wild with this headline: He is a clown!

IMO, Trump wins in a landslide. Here goes:

PC is out the window. The "dumbed down" are no longer assigned to think: "Shoot, that's plausible???." The Donald: F--k you a-s hole, this is how we do it. (Long shoremen speak)

The unions will see him as a savior with free trade with China. Trump: "Sure free trade, but not fixed to your advantage."

Foreign aide: Trump: you must be kidding. "We own you. Get used to it."

Military: Our elite comes at a big price: You pay the expense for your protection.

Tape Reader

Dave Schwartz
04-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I am not sure I understand your meaning.

Do you like or dislike Trump as a candidate?

TJDave
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Trump IS a clown.

Today I heard him say we should only interfere militarily in Libya if we take their oil. Said basically the same thing a few weeks ago about Iraq.

Now, I'm as jingoistic as the next guy but Presidents don't say s**t like this.

At least not in public. :rolleyes:

Tom
04-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I would rather hear him say stuff like that rather the BS Obama spews - the hate, the venom, the lies, all designed to tear down the infrastructure, or his constant apologies for our nation around the world( you don not speak for us, jerk-rod!)

Clown?

Obama needs major improvement to be elevated the status of clown.
We have never seen the level of sewage that is Obama.

I cannot think anyone worse to be prez than this disgrace.

Tape Reader
04-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Trump IS a clown.

At least not in public. :rolleyes:

Get used to it. More to come. PC is over.

Separately, can anyone picture "The Donald" bowing to a foreign dignitary?

TJDave
04-17-2011, 11:19 PM
I cannot think anyone worse to be prez than this disgrace.

There's always someone worse.

Perhaps it's time the American people demanded excellence rather than settle for better than...

horses4courses
04-17-2011, 11:46 PM
can anyone picture "The Donald" bowing to a foreign dignitary?

Fagedaboudit.......he won't get the chance.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Fagedaboudit.......he won't get the chance.Careful now, I said the same thing about Obama once... :lol:

bigmack
04-18-2011, 12:04 AM
The reason politicians do what they do is because they can't figure out what else to do or they're want it so bad they'll shake hands outside a Tastee Freeze in the middle of armpit America. (Not that there's anything wrong with an armpit) :rolleyes:

I can't see DT hangin' around DC in the double-O, getting all jazzed for the Cherry Blossom Festival, 4 years minimum.

While it's novel to think of him as CiC, what with the brass ball technique & all; ain't he got a gig?

nijinski
04-18-2011, 12:30 AM
I heard someone call Trump nothing more than a Weathervane the other day.
I like that.

JustRalph
04-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I am wondering who is putting him up to it?

What's the end game? I thought it would be over by now.

He might be working for the Dems. I give that a huge possibility

Spiderman
04-18-2011, 06:41 AM
He is playing the media for publicity. tea-baggers are lapping it up. Sarah and Donald, Dream Ticket.

hcap
04-18-2011, 07:04 AM
He is playing the media for publicity. tea-baggers are lapping it up. Sarah and Donald, Dream Ticket.
Dream Ticket for dems. Now if the TeePty could only add Michele Bachman for Sec of State and Eddie Munster for treasury.

Marshall Bennett
04-18-2011, 07:36 AM
I am wondering who is putting him up to it?

What's the end game? I thought it would be over by now.

He might be working for the Dems. I give that a huge possibility
Nothing would surprise me anymore, though he shouldn't have to work this hard. Expect the same voters that put Obama in to return and keep him there, regardless of the state of the economy or anything else. The only difference this time is we don't have anything close to a McCain to challenge.
It's truly a sad state of affairs when the number of qualified leaders have been reduced to what we have now in this country. There are a few, but none of them have a chance of winning or even being candidates.

Black Ruby
04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
He's bankrupted Trump Entertainment 3 times already, and people wanna give him the key to the treasury????

Tom
04-18-2011, 10:05 AM
He's bankrupted Trump Entertainment 3 times already, and people wanna give him the key to the treasury????

But, he keeps bringing it back.
That trumps any politician.

Black Ruby
04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
A tadpole beats the majority of politicians. Wouldn't vote for Trump to be pond mucker, much less prez.

toetoe
04-18-2011, 11:12 AM
(Not that there's anything wrong with an armpit) :rolleyes:

Speaking of that well known erogenous zone, the axila, how about Axl Rose ? He's already halfway to my cling-to duad --- guns 'n' religion.

Trump the Chump should concentrate on his best quality: hating on Rosie O'Beast. Also, our current guy has daddy issues, but this bum's will be off the scale.

Jay Trotter
04-18-2011, 02:49 PM
TRUMP THE CHUMP

The guy is a total sell-out! He takes a really great premise in "The Apprentice" and then goes to "The Celebrity Apprentice" and hires Joan Rivers! Doesn't that say it all in a nutshell.

Oh, and by the way..."let's just take another country's oil"! That sounds plausible. The guy is a clown and unworthy of consideration.

TRUMP-PALIN 2012
That's the ticket!

fast4522
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
TRUMP THE CHUMP

The guy is a total sell-out! He takes a really great premise in "The Apprentice" and then goes to "The Celebrity Apprentice" and hires Joan Rivers! Doesn't that say it all in a nutshell.

Oh, and by the way..."let's just take another country's oil"! That sounds plausible. The guy is a clown and unworthy of consideration.

TRUMP-PALIN 2012
That's the ticket!

And I thought you were smarter than some of the fakes, Donald and Sara are hired guns that get plenty of free air time for thousands of dollars instead of the party paying millions for ads. Expect the damage to be severe and constant, George Soros can not find another puppet in time.

Tom
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Trump is putting that idea that Obama is bad, can't be trusted, into the heads full of mush we call voters.

It worked for the dems, now it will work against them.

He and Sarah are send out important messages that the dim-witted, those who decide elections, will absorb and process.

Doubt my dim-wit theory?

Here is my proof:

fast4522
04-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Guess what Tom, they are right that you can not trust him and everyone knows it.

Jay Trotter
04-18-2011, 07:40 PM
And I thought you were smarter than some of the fakes, Donald and Sara are hired guns that get plenty of free air time for thousands of dollars instead of the party paying millions for ads. Expect the damage to be severe and constant, George Soros can not find another puppet in time.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say! How does getting "plenty of free air time" help the cause if the messenger is not worthy of the mantle? Or is your point that any publicity is good publicity? :confused:

ArlJim78
04-18-2011, 08:21 PM
The bar is so low now, a clown would be a step up.
I'd take a clown over someone who has the charges dropped against known terrorism funders because it might damage the presidents muslim outreach.

Tom
04-18-2011, 10:06 PM
You mean the outreach that got Sorry Arabia to cut back on oil production?
Where is all that world respect mostie kept yappin' about?

BlueShoe
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
And this is exactly why he has suddenly become so popular, because he says what other politicians can only think but are afraid to say. The more I listen to this guy the fonder I become of him. In case some of you have not noticed, he has jumped to the top spot in recent polls among GOP voters as to their first choice to head the 2012 ticket.

Tape Reader
04-18-2011, 10:43 PM
And this is exactly why he has suddenly become so popular, because he says what other politicians can only think but are afraid to say. The more I listen to this guy the fonder I become of him. In case some of you have not noticed, he has jumped to the top spot in recent polls among GOP voters as to their first choice to head the 2012 ticket.

(Play patriotic music) A new day is dawning...

Not everyone that voted for Obama hates America, but everyone that does hate America voted for Obama.

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2011, 02:53 AM
He's bankrupted Trump Entertainment 3 times already, and people wanna give him the key to the treasury????Considering you back the ultimate bankrupter of all time, Barack Obama, Trump should fit right up your ally.

How much has Obama added to the national debt?

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/02/05/past-deficits-vs-obamas-deficits-in-pictures/

fast4522
04-19-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure what you're trying to say! How does getting "plenty of free air time" help the cause if the messenger is not worthy of the mantle? Or is your point that any publicity is good publicity? :confused:

Jay,
If you call a spade a spade and he can not take it say it more. Not to suggest anything with the old adage other than the current occupant of Pennsylvania Avenue is a rank amateur and is the unworthy one. Your agenda is under attack so the message or the messenger has not been born yet to be worthy to your standard. I would suggest that you do know what I am saying, not just trying to say.

Robert Goren
04-19-2011, 11:04 AM
You would think a guy with his money could afford a better hair piece. Whether or not he is a clown is open to debate, but he sure looks like one in that wig.

surfdog89
04-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Donald Trump is asking all the three year olds who are running in the Kentucky Derby for a copy of there birth certifications~~~~~~!!

Greyfox
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
With help like this, who needs enemies? :lol:

I1IUc8pmXq0

ArlJim78
04-19-2011, 12:04 PM
You would think a guy with his money could afford a better hair piece. Whether or not he is a clown is open to debate, but he sure looks like one in that wig.
It's not a wig.

Black Ruby
04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
yeah, but Obama got elected, Dubya got in office twice. "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." -- Henry Mencken

Tom
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
With help like this, who needs enemies? :lol:

Trump: D'oh!

Looks like Meatloaf will be in Obama's camp, then!

Jay Trotter
04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
It's not a wig.

Yes, but he really should just shave off his real hair and get a "wig" anyway! His polling numbers would go up another 10 points at least!

Tom
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Him too?

ArlJim78
04-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Yes, but he really should just shave off his real hair and get a "wig" anyway! His polling numbers would go up another 10 points at least!
Hey but then he'd be messing with his signature Trump image, the hair swirling up from the back.

I wonder how much hairspray he goes through in a week?

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
he may be a clown....i always thought he was a jerk. a" candidate" can say anything he wants with no accountability, just check on obama's campaign promises.

he may have a red nose and face paint but after the first session of obama, a lot of people are lining up for the circus.

he's saying things that many are desperate to hear.

Jay Trotter
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Him too?

Thanks Tom! This just proves my point -- BO must have a really nice "hair piece" cuz I couldn't tell he had one until you pointed it out. This is what "the Donald" needs! :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
04-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Much more Presidential here.

http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1936000/1936084_8d39_625x1000.jpg.

Jay Trotter
04-19-2011, 04:19 PM
That's another things -- what's with the whiteness around the eyes! Seems like he just came off the slopes and had sun glasses on for a couple weeks. I'm just sayin!

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Much more Presidential here.

http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1936000/1936084_8d39_625x1000.jpg.

he looks like willard scott !!!

RaceBookJoe
04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
he looks like willard scott !!!

Not sure if you meant it like this, but the Willard Scott reference is ironic considering that Scott was the first Ronald McDonald Clown. good one if that was your intention :ThmbUp: rbj

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Not sure if you meant it like this, but the Willard Scott reference is ironic considering that Scott was the first Ronald McDonald Clown. good one if that was your intention :ThmbUp: rbj

im nowhere near that clever, but i'll take what i can get. thanks

Boris
04-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Enough "batting practice" on the certificate of live birth who-ha. Time to play ball. The black hole that is the college years of Obama is the next battleground to defend. Has not gotten any meaningful traction before, but perhaps Trump can light this candle.

Trump Bashes Obama, Questions Qualifications for Ivy League

"I heard he was a terrible student, terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" Trump said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm thinking about it, I'm certainly looking into it. Let him show his records."

"I have friends who have smart sons with great marks, great boards, great everything and they can't get into Harvard," Trump said. "We don't know a thing about this guy. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president."

Katie Hogan, a spokeswoman for Obama's re-election campaign, declined to comment.

Big "Duh" there Katie. What the hell are you going to say?

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/25/trump-bashes-obama-as-terrible-student/

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2011, 03:22 AM
All I know is that Obama supporters should not wince at what is going on here with Trump. They should not cry racism and they should not be surprised.

Because most everything you read coming from Trump (conspiracy theories, questioning his grades and how he got into Harvard) are some of the EXACT SAME THINGS that DEMOCRATS threw at GEORGE W. BUSH for eight years.

So to those on the left who are about to jump in here and call Trump every name in the book, I say MAN UP and deal with your karma.... :lol:

ArlJim78
04-26-2011, 08:00 AM
I hope Trump keeps pushing on the education issue. The school records are kept under lock and key because Obama is not very bright, hardly Harvard material. His race and Marxist proclivities moved him through the system. He went to Harvard and Columbia so he could get a job as community organizer. huh?

pandy
04-26-2011, 08:03 AM
A colleague of mine said that Trump is not going to run, he is merely being an early Rabbit to take some sting out of Obama. Actually makes sense. Although I hope he isn't bluffing and does run.

ArlJim78
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
It looks like that is what he is doing. Getting out early and unloading everything he can on Obama, juice his show ratings a little perhaps, and then step aside when the real contest begin. I can't see him going all the way through with it.

Spiderman
04-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Trump has been a registered Liberal, Democrat and now, Republican. Voting records reveal that he has not voted in 21 years. Probably, because his name was not on the ballot. :D

Tom
04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Trump has been a registered Liberal, Democrat and now, Republican. Voting records reveal that he has not voted in 21 years. Probably, because his name was not on the ballot. :D

Why vote when you can just buy the winner?

highnote
04-26-2011, 12:08 PM
I think Ralph has a point -- maybe Trump is working for the Dems.

Trump wrote in his book, "Are of the Deal" that he donated to the Democratic Party. Now, it might be the case that he gave to Dems so that he could get building permits in NYC. Remember, Guiliani endorsed the Dem governor Cuomo rather than the Repub Pataki. Guiliani probably had to endorse the Coumo if he wanted to get elected as Mayor of NYC.

If Trump runs for president I think it would be good for Obama. It would divide the Republican and Independent ticket in the way Ross Perot divided the Republican/Independent ticket and allowed Bill Clinton to win.

Hard to say what effect Trump will have at this point, but he sure makes the presidential horse race more interesting.

And as far as Trump going bankrupt, he has always bounced back. And I've always said it takes a very shrewd businessman to lose a billion dollars.

Sugar Ron
04-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Too funny, Spiderman

Trump really showed his ass with this "birther" stuff.

Hopefully he'll continue making a buffoon out of himself for a while as it's an excellent source of cheap entertainment.

It looks like that is what he is doing. Getting out early and unloading everything he can on Obama, juice his show ratings a little perhaps, and then step aside when the real contest begin. I can't see him going all the way through with it.

Real contest???

Have you seen this motley crew of potential con candidates??

Then you have Eddie Munster making rookie mistakes ... these new hard-line con governors (with approval ratings dropping faster than the tears on Boehner's face) pissing off people all over the country ... and the Bush-Cheney horror show still fresh in voters' minds...

Hell, BO may not even have to break a sweat during this one.

ArlJim78
04-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Real contest???

Of course I have seen the list of potentials. When it comes down to it, whoever the GOP nominee is will look like a refreshing, and welcome alternative to the current bumbler-in-chief who ran a fraudulent campaign and governs like he is at war with America. Obama will lose and it won't really be close.

Sugar Ron
04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Not to mention the problems that wayward teabaggers could cause for the cons next year.

You better stick with trying to handicap the horses, Jim...

Robert Goren
04-26-2011, 02:21 PM
All I know is that Obama supporters should not wince at what is going on here with Trump. They should not cry racism and they should not be surprised.

Because most everything you read coming from Trump (conspiracy theories, questioning his grades and how he got into Harvard) are some of the EXACT SAME THINGS that DEMOCRATS threw at GEORGE W. BUSH for eight years.

So to those on the left who are about to jump in here and call Trump every name in the book, I say MAN UP and deal with your karma.... :lol:and how well did that work?

riskman
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Maybe some of the potential Republican candidates should dump their political strategists and spend their money on hiring a reality television show writer. It would take any of the candidates millions of dollars to get the name recognition that Trump is getting for free in the media.

The "Donald" is a real operator, knows how to use the media and is more experienced in every facet of life than Obama and the so called candidates on the horizon. Yes, his style is unorthodox and there are a lot of skeletons in his closet but do not underestimate him. He could put a lot of hurt on Obama and do the same to the Republicans. If he were the nominee right now he would have a good shot of making mince meat out of the whole process. Trump loves a show, the bigger the better. The next month will be fun---as the "Donald" might say-- "It's going to be huge"

Mike at A+
04-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Perhaps The Donald is inspired by clowns who were actually elected to office. There's no bigger clown than Joe Biden on today's political scene.

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Too funny, Spiderman

Trump really showed his ass with this "birther" stuff.

Hopefully he'll continue making a buffoon out of himself for a while as it's an excellent source of cheap entertainment.

Real contest???

Then you have Eddie Munster making rookie mistakes ... these new hard-line con governors (with approval ratings dropping faster than the tears on Boehner's face) pissing off people all over the country ... and the Bush-Cheney horror show still fresh in voters' minds...

Hell, BO may not even have to break a sweat during this one.All you have to do is look at Obama's approval ratings and realize yours is very wishful thinking.

FantasticDan
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
All you have to do is look at Obama's approval ratings and realize yours is very wishful thinking.
http://www.newser.com/story/107679/obama-would-beat-palin-romney-in-2012.html

EDIT: Didn't notice that link is from 6 months ago, but I think the gist still applies..

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2011, 11:49 PM
What does that have to do with Obama's woefully bad approval ratings?

And six months is an eternity when it comes to politics.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/april_2011/obama_approval_index_april_26_2011/474684-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_april_26_2011.jpg

Nothing but a downtrend/uptrend in the worst categories.

FantasticDan
04-26-2011, 11:57 PM
What does that have to do with Obama's woefully bad approval ratings?
And six months is an eternity when it comes to politics.
Exactly. So what do his "woefully bad" approval ratings now have to do with an election in 18 months?

bigmack
04-26-2011, 11:58 PM
What flavor Koolaid, SugarRoon, FanDan, mosty, & others blubbin'?

Numbers are getting bleak.

60% of independents say they definitely won't be voting for BO in 2012.

It now stands at 41 percent among likely voters, the lowest this year. In addition, only 37 percent of those polled believe Obama deserves to be reelected, with an additional 57 percent responding that it is “time for someone new,” including 58 percent of independent voters.

The data also indicates that 66 percent believe the country is “headed in the wrong direction,” and only 25 percent believe the U.S. is on the right course. Approval of Congress is charted at 21 percent, with 35 percent for Republican lawmakers and 31 percent for Democrats.The poll was conducted among 2,055 likely voters and took place between April 21st-25th.

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Exactly. So what do his "woefully bad" approval ratings now have to do with an election in 18 months?A whole helluva lot, considering those doing the approving/disapproving are the ones who are going to be pulling that lever in 18 months.

If the economy is booming (it's not, but some like to think it is) and the stock market is going to the moon, why do Obama's approval ratings continue to droop? Should we blame this on racism too? :lol:

This certainly does not bode well for any future election.

FantasticDan
04-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Obama's approval ratings were just fine until the gas spike.. these latest numbers are a direct result of the sky-rocketing prices.

If gas prices fall back to $3 or below in the coming 18 months, and the economy continues to improve, Obama has a very good chance of being re-elected. I don't know of any reasonable person who could argue otherwise.

If gas prices continue to hang out at this level or even continue to increase, obviously he will have a difficult time.

bigmack
04-27-2011, 01:18 AM
If gas prices fall back to $3 or below in the coming 18 months, and the economy continues to improve, Obama has a very good chance of being re-elected. I don't know of any reasonable person who could argue otherwise.
Damn straight. His only negative is high gas prices. Other than that everything is ducky.

He really is knockin' it out of the park. :ThmbUp:

rastajenk
04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Another Eddie Munster sighting!!

You can't tell me the mother ship isn't beaming down these signals to its robotic messengers...that's got to be the only explanation. :cool:

Tom
04-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Trump is controlling the news cycle. Whatever his motives, and whatever the news reports about having the BC and all, he has planted that seed in the minds of millions of mentally-challenged swing voters. Just like the dems did in 2008. And when he drops out of the race, no one picks up his baggage.

The truth has no place here, only what people believe. The damage has been done. :lol:

hcap
04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Too bad Obama did not allow this yo continue closer to election tome.

Probably will start you gentlemen on the next round of idiocy. College records I guess.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZFgg7xUDD1Z6DNk2TJd2ztFnnsw?docId=84576899a 8024f1d8050604741af2810

White House releases Obama birth certificate

(AP) – 6 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has released the long form of President Barack Obama's birth certificate in response to festering questions about whether he was born in the U.S.

The Judge
04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Of course this will not stop anything now the questions will be why release it now or some such thing.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/04/26/state/n113825D93.DTL&tsp=1

Robert Goren
04-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Trump stated the CNN had poll that showing him and Obama in a dead heat. No such poll exists according to CNN.

Tom
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Doesn't matter.
People will believe it. Some this, some other lies. As I have been saying since the election of 2008 - you guys set the standards, now you will have to live with them. This is the tactic of the left - how do like is being used against you now? Enough mindless voters out there are buying it, and I am here to sell it. I love it! All the crap you guys did for 8 years.....now it's your turn.
:lol::lol::lol:

Tom
04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
I checked it out on-line.
Says he lived on Muslim Avenue.......:eek:

rastajenk
04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Damn! I had a future bet on "Arab Street."

hcap
04-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Doesn't matter.
People will believe it. Some this, some other lies. As I have been saying since the election of 2008 - you guys set the standards, now you will have to live with them. This is the tactic of the left - how do like is being used against you now? Enough mindless voters out there are buying it, and I am here to sell it. I love it! All the crap you guys did for 8 years.....now it's your turn.
:lol::lol::lol:I think you, boxcar. PA and all the others who bought into this conspiracy have blown your wad. Face it, you never had a shred of evidence.

I wonder what Corsi will do now?
Start posting on off topic?

Tom
04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I think you, boxcar. PA and all the others who bought into this conspiracy have blown your wad. Face it, you never had a shred of evidence.

Didn't need any - you missed the point.....it was never about his birthplace....:lol:

YOU were the one who kept it alive...we just enjoyed the game. Nobody I know is able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like you, hcap!

Now, his college writings is another matter.....Donald?

hcap
04-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Can't own up to your bullshit can you?

ArlJim78
04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Trump called for a release of the college transcipts too, where are they? I'd love to see the thesis and grades of this "scholar".

prospector
04-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Trump called for a release of the college transcipts too, where are they? I'd love to see the thesis and grades of this "scholar".
ditto!

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2011, 07:56 PM
PA and all the others who bought into this conspiracy have blown your wad.Excuse me? EXCUSE ME?

Sir, if you continue to lie about me, I will be forced to defend myself in a more aggressive way.

I have EXPLICITLY posted on this board that I believe Obama was born in Hawaii until proven otherwise. YOU were the one who kept bringing the topic up...in fact, you famously created a "The issue that DID die" thread that was, of course, WRONG, seeing as you created this thread quite some time ago, and just today the President HIMSELF was on national TV talking about YOUR issue that YOU claimed was dead so long ago. I guess it wasn't as dead as you thought.

You are such a liar when it comes to me and this forum, that I can't help but think you're lying about many of the other topics you post about.

highnote
04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
If gas prices continue to hang out at this level or even continue to increase, obviously he will have a difficult time.

Unfortunately, you are probably correct that the voters will react negatively to high gas prices. However they would wrongfully be placing the blame on Obama.

The way I look at it is this... It's better to have $5 per gallon gas than no gas at all.

In the Carter Doctrine, Jimmy Carter laid out U.S. policy with regard to middle east oil. Oil is so vital to the U.S. national interests that the U.S. can not allow any one nation to control the flow of middle east oil.

The reason gas is high now has less to do with Obama than most understand. It has much to do with the political risk in the middle east. Oil is priced by the market and political risk is a big component of the price. Any horseplayer would understand this simple concept risk as a component of price.

There is an incredible amount of instability in the middle east right now. Things were much simpler when only Iraq and Iran were the dominant middle eastern powers. Now there is a big vacuum with Saddam Hussein no longer alive. Iraq is struggling and Iran is trying to resurrect its Persian Empire.

Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Bahrain, Libya, etc etc etc all play a role.

The U.S., even though it is the only superpower, can not control the major actors in every nation.

To blame Obama is naive. Just as it was naive to blame Bush I or II. It's far more complicated than this two hundred word post can begin to explain.

If you want to blame a president, Ronald Reagan is as good a choice as any. ;) He was the president that helped the Afghans defeat Russia and bring the cold war to a close. His actions gave rise to Osama Bin Laden. He would have been better off not defeating Russian and remaining in a stalemate. The U.S. fighting proxy war in Afghanistan against Russia would have kept everyone preoccupied.