PDA

View Full Version : Mnr vs. CT (Tuesday) Handle Comparison

Track Collector
04-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Inquiring minds may want to know. This topic was discussed on another thread, but without presentation of any data.

Attached is subject data as gleaned from Bris Results Charts.

To date, Mnr enjoys a total handle advantage, which is the result of offering more races. The per race handle is virtually even, with Mnr enjoying a microscopic advantage of $277.

Mnr has done very well over the past three weeks, so it remains to be seen whether or not this is a more lasting trend, or just normal variation.

While I have not done the analysis, I am quite sure that CT is VERY HAPPY with their decision to replace Sunday afternoon racing with Tuesday evening racing for the winter/spring months.

the little guy
04-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks. Obviously those numbers paint a pretty inconclusive picture. The discrepency on 4/5 almost feels like an outlyer based on the other weeks.

mountainman
04-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Inquiring minds may want to know. This topic was discussed on another thread, but without presentation of any data.

Attached is subject data as gleaned from Bris Results Charts.

To date, Mnr enjoys a total handle advantage, which is the result of offering more races. The per race handle is virtually even, with Mnr enjoying a microscopic advantage of $277.

Mnr has done very well over the past three weeks, so it remains to be seen whether or not this is a more lasting trend, or just normal variation.

While I have not done the analysis, I am quite sure that CT is VERY HAPPY with their decision to replace Sunday afternoon racing with Tuesday evening racing for the winter/spring months.

TX a million. The disagreement was strictly whether mnr had outhandled ct head to head on tuesdays. Not if the trend was "conclusive" or the margin significant. As i stated on the other thread, there are several ways to interpret the numbers as favorable to ct-but no disputing that mnr has outhandled them head to head so far this season. I'm in your debt, sir.

Incidentally, i suspect the occasions we've far exceeded them can be attributed primarily to bridge-jumpers.

Dahoss9698
04-18-2011, 10:54 AM
The disagreement was strictly whether mnr had outhandled ct head to head on tuesdays.

Not exactly true, but I don't want you to have another tantrum, so I won't bring the whole discussion back up. According to those numbers (which are a bit confusing because there seem to be 0's missing), yes Mountaineer has outhandled CT as a whole on Tuesdays. Not every week and you have the advantage of an extra race (and incredible analysts), but you were right.

Wouldn't posting the numbers when you made the remark have been a lot easier than the whole song and dance that went on?

mountainman
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Wouldn't posting the numbers when you made the remark have been a lot easier

I don't keep the figures, i just scan them on wed mornings. I post here to have fun-not to make work for myself. Let's just put this to bed. Please, have the last word if you'd like.

toetoe
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Not exactly true, but I don't want you to have another tantrum ...

D'oh !!!

You know very well that you leave him no choice ... :bang: .

rrpic6
04-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Mark (Mountainman):

You mentioned in the other thread about the handles of MNR and CT, that CT is paying a large amount to TVG to have their races televised this year. Is this why MNR is not on TVG or HRTV this year? Did MNR pay to be on in the past? Will they now refuse to pay at all to be on these networks in the future?

RR

proximity
04-18-2011, 11:38 PM
ct is a bullring that is new to tuesdays, so many potential bettors may be slow to make it a priority.

personally i've always enjoyed their racing.

how are these tracks doing vs pen??

Cardus
04-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Actually, Mountainman posted that "we're starting to eat their lunch." To me, that sounded like Mountaineer was dominating Charlestown on Tuesday nights, not merely outhandling it by a little bit.

turfnsport
04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Actually, Mountainman posted that "we're starting to eat their lunch." To me, that sounded like Mountaineer was dominating Charlestown on Tuesday nights, not merely outhandling it by a little bit.

Or it could be he just thinks MNR's buffet is better.

FenceBored
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM

When you start to eat someone else's lunch you first grab a few fries, then snag a couple of chicken nuggets, and only then do you reach for the milkshake.

RKQ3LXHKB34

mountainman
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the civil response. I'm thinking this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

mountainman
04-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Or it could be he just thinks MNR's buffet is better.

Either beats Golden Corral. My son loves gc, and has peculiar vegetarian tastes. So i take him there at least once a week. Nasty. Just nasty.

turfnsport
04-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Either beats Golden Corral. My son loves gc, and has peculiar vegetarian tastes. So i take him there at least once a week. Nasty. Just nasty.

I hate buffets in general, but a good friend of ours is a GM for a GC here, and he is always in the top 5 in the nation, last year he was given a trip to the Super Bowl as a bonus, the year before a trip to Hawaii.

I have only been there twice, but I gotta say it was pretty good.

Cardus
04-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the civil response. I'm thinking this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Probably not.

mountainman
04-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Probably not.

Too late bro. Gotcha on the buddie's list.

BombsAway Bob
04-19-2011, 06:24 PM
:ThmbUp: :kiss:

bigmack
04-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Like a ping upside the head.

Look for a contemplative question back. Why? :D