PDA

View Full Version : Greenspan: Must expire Bush tax cuts

jognlope
04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
On Meet the Press, he says normally with a budget crisis, cutting spending has minimal effect on production, less so than increasing taxes on the wealthy, but in this case now, a crisis being so imminent, that the Bush tax cuts should all be expired and rates go back to Clinton years, combined with tax subsidies being stopped, entitlements being cut and all other wasteful spending cut.

Tom
04-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Well, judging by some of his part actions and the results, we shopuld INCREASE the cuts.

jognlope
04-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Change the tax code entirely like the debt commission said, tax rate would go from 35% to 25% for rich. And political left and right has to decide to cut entitlement waste and decide once and for all, which programs are morally right and which are not morally right or just bottom line wasteful (like agricultural subsidies and oil subisides, over 100 education programs that duplicate each other)

fast4522
04-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Greenspan was a high paid hack that should have been retired decades ago. I say slash it all, cut the budget to the core and smoke the Bilderberger's so they get screwed beyond belief. Let Europe do the Libya thing alone and impeach all who do not uphold the oath of office that they took.

lamboguy
04-17-2011, 11:16 AM
unniversity of texas has recently purchased $1 BILLION worth of gold bars with their endowment money.

how come they are smarter than harvard unniversity?

HUSKER55
04-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Lamboguy,

good point:ThmbUp:

singletax
04-17-2011, 12:53 PM
My understanding is Harvard shifted investments to land. I believe trees.

Those on the left want a higher minimum wage and a living wage. Those on the right want tax cuts, supply side economics. This debate is endless, PA is just a microcosm.

Both sides never consider the wealth created or stolen for these theories is absorbed into land values. The rent goes up to compensate for the perceived gain.

Supply side nor the minimum wage will not work in the end unless the rental value of land is recaptured.

Harvard understands this and they will make sure you do not.

prospector
04-17-2011, 12:59 PM
i see no reason for agricultural subsidies...and pay not to plant certain crops..absurd...those days are gone..
food prices are skyrocketing..let them grow
and stop that ethanol waste of money..costs more energy to create than gas..more green stupidity...

JustRalph
04-17-2011, 01:10 PM
so one of the chief architects of the economic morass goes on TV to advocate taking a larger chunk of money from American's? Yes, rich people are American Citizens, the left always refers to them like they are foreigners.

So AGreenspans shriveled up just like his economic theories and he still gets a say ? He is just another government wonk trying to rehabilitate his legacy. For years many predicted bad things would come from his policies. And they were right. He no longer gets a say. And whomever had them on their show, must be running short of guests willing to talk to them.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2011, 04:43 PM
For years many predicted bad things would come from his policies. And they were right. He no longer gets a say.This must be one of those "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of deals.

No matter what Greenspan did in the past, as long as he disagrees with Bush, jognlope is gonna role with it...

Hell, Bush even rehired the guy, so I'm not sure why jognlope is shilling for ol' Greenie:

On May 18, 2004, Greenspan was nominated by President George W. Bush to serve for an unprecedented fifth term as chairman of the Federal Reserve. He was previously appointed to the post by Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

delayjf
04-18-2011, 10:18 AM
be expired and rates go back to Clinton years

We'd be better off cutting spending back to the Clinton era.

JustRalph
04-19-2011, 01:52 AM
On Meet the Press, he says normally with a budget crisis, cutting spending has minimal effect on production, less so than increasing taxes on the wealthy, but in this case now, a crisis being so imminent, that the Bush tax cuts should all be expired and rates go back to Clinton years, combined with tax subsidies being stopped, entitlements being cut and all other wasteful spending cut.

Looks like your brethren are none too happy with the other comments Greenie made. Funny you left some out.......

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x914002