PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires video quality

molson721
04-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I've started to notice that my twinspires video is performing erratically lately. I have cable internet, a 5 month old Dell computer and empty my temp internet files and clear my cache regularaly and still have staggered video. Are others experiencing the same problem with their video.

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I couldn't use their Twinspires TV interface for the Arkansas Derby. It would skip every 10-20 seconds. I had to switch to their older, conventional video in order to watch the race smoothly.

Cholly
04-19-2011, 05:34 AM
I couldn't use their Twinspires TV interface for the Arkansas Derby. It would skip every 10-20 seconds. I had to switch to their older, conventional video in order to watch the race smoothly.

My experience is that buffering happens frequently with a big race that is likely being viewed by many...seems to rarely happen on every-day races.

I have a MAC and am experiencing a problem with the conventional video feed: it cuts off the right 1/3 and bottom 1/3 of the video feed. This problem only began 3 weeks ago. I have brought it to their (Roberts Communication) attention, and they admit the problem is on their end and promise to fix it…but in typical Twinspires fashion, nothing happens.

JustRalph
04-20-2011, 01:27 AM
My experience is that buffering happens frequently with a big race that is likely being viewed by many...seems to rarely happen on every-day races.

I have a MAC and am experiencing a problem with the conventional video feed: it cuts off the right 1/3 and bottom 1/3 of the video feed. This problem only began 3 weeks ago. I have brought it to their (Roberts Communication) attention, and they admit the problem is on their end and promise to fix it…but in typical Twinspires fashion, nothing happens.

have you tried Chrome on the mac? does it do it using chrome ?

Cholly
04-20-2011, 04:32 AM
have you tried Chrome on the mac? does it do it using chrome ?

I use Firefox for running Twinspires content...not sure if it's still the case, but formerly Twinspires (or at least Youbet) wouldn't run on Safari. I've never used Chrome...aren't there supposed to be some activity mining/privacy issues associated with Chrome?

JustRalph
04-20-2011, 05:00 AM
I use Firefox for running Twinspires content...not sure if it's still the case, but formerly Twinspires (or at least Youbet) wouldn't run on Safari. I've never used Chrome...aren't there supposed to be some activity mining/privacy issues associated with Chrome?

not that I am aware of. Just installed it on my new Mac Mini......runs great.

CBedo
04-20-2011, 02:40 PM
I run Chrome and have also noticed some video issues lately at TS. It's definitely not my connection as I have had no issues streaming HD content from other sources.

Cholly
04-20-2011, 07:04 PM
My previous requests for help with this problem had been directed to Roberts Communication--that is where I was directed by the FAQ section on Twinspires site. In four telephone conversations with them, I got nothing but the run-around.

Today I bypassed Roberts and went directly to Twinspires support number. The Tech there solved the problem pronto. If you're not getting the whole picture on your screen, there's a "button" in the almost bottom right hand corner that blows up the small video to full screen. If you blow it up and then shrink it back, magically you now have the entire picture showing. It's a little squirelly to have to do this, but it seems to work. Using the video function on Twinspires Express seems to avoid the buffering problem, mentioned by PA, that sometimes crops up on Twinspires TV.

carinovita
05-03-2011, 12:33 PM
My TwinSpires video has been very erratic also over the last few months. I'm not sure what has changed, but I close all other content... and still the video is often choppy. It's frustrating.

shouldacoulda
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Have been experimenting with firefox, explorer, and opera on 2 different computers 1 xp, the other vista and they all stink as far as video quality. Had on a race at Mountaineer 1 night last week and the video froze when they were loaded in the gate. When it started the were crossing the wire. I logged off for the night after that. Youbet was much better than this.

shouldacoulda
05-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Using the video function on Twinspires Express seems to avoid the buffering problem, mentioned by PA, that sometimes crops up on Twinspires TV.
Thanks for this post I am going to try this.

trigger
05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
go back to ie8 from ie9 and see if that resolves the video problem

098poi
06-11-2011, 12:07 PM
I am probably behind on this but since I went to Twinspires I was using the Twinspires TV interface. It was OK but nowhere near as good as the old Youbet page. I recently tried the Twinspires Express link and that mimics Youbet. It is so much better. The only reason I hadn't tried it before is the Twinspires home page has a ton of links and I never had the energy to open every one and see what it does.

Southieboy
06-13-2011, 03:51 AM
OK .. Question.
Twinspires is absolutely not playing for me anymore. Same with the 360 video from Woodbine/Mohawk. But the Hollywood stream plays fine and it's high quality.

Thinking it might be time to clean out the computer. Any suggestions?

rufus999
06-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I use an ethernet fiber connection on an Intel 5 with 8 gig of ram. I still experience problems with the data stream bit flow. Firefox is a memory intensive browser. Try Google Chrome.

rufus:9::9::9:

duncan04
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Tried Twinspires Express for the first time today. Video was working good. No buffering like I had experienced with Twinspires TV. Still trying to get used to the Express. Thanks for the advice!

artie33
06-30-2011, 05:14 PM
FYI, it was Roberts who told TS about this fix