PDA

View Full Version : GULFSTREAM: Misidentified horse with wrong form allowed to run in opener

andymays
04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.drf.com/blogs/gulfstreammisidentified-horse-wrong-form-allowed-run-opener

Excerpt:

Cannot believe the stewards allowed number 11, Onesteptogo, to compete in the first race. Apparantly Onesteptogo was mis-identified as stable mate Walkamileinmyshoes when he made his debut at Calder on Dec. 27.

Charli125
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM
"Despite sporting glaring and eroneous form, Onesteptogo was permitted to start and was bet to 2-1 only to falter late and finished far back behind the 50-1, wire to wire winner County Trick. Thankfully avoiding a potential mountain slide of complaints from patrons had Onesteptogo won with the wrong form."

Wow, so everyone that made that horse the favorite was betting on the wrong horse. I'm not sure how that would help avoid complaints.

cj
04-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Since he was 2 to 1 I guess the word was passed on adequately. Still, shaky ground to ignore bettors in favor of horsemen...again.

horses4courses
04-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Seems like a perfect scenario for the horse to run for purse money only.
Why wouldn't they do that?
That's outrageous........

Charli125
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
"Despite sporting glaring and eroneous form, Onesteptogo was permitted to start and was bet to 2-1 only to falter late and finished far back behind the 50-1, wire to wire winner County Trick. Thankfully avoiding a potential mountain slide of complaints from patrons had Onesteptogo won with the wrong form."

Wow, so everyone that made that horse the favorite was betting on the wrong horse. I'm not sure how that would help avoid complaints.

Oops, I read that backwards.

Mineshaft
04-16-2011, 02:38 PM
somebody going to lose there job..

Marlin
04-16-2011, 05:27 PM
I can't believe Equibase hadn't corrected it yet. I believe this was the one entered as an entry and they got switched in the paddock. Jocks and blinkers were reversed. I guess Calder didn't feel it neccessary to notify Equibase of the flub.

OTM Al
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Oh that Gulstream, the player's best friend......

Tom
04-16-2011, 05:42 PM
I wonder if they got his time right?

Edward DeVere
04-18-2011, 11:14 PM
The Florida racing commission really, really, REALLY needs to fire, or at least suspend without pay for a significant period of time, the stewards for allowing this horse to race.

Exactly which new customers are we trying to attract to this game - made guys???

5k-claim
04-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I am confused.

Was it the wrong horse (meaning the horse that raced was not the same one that was entered), or just a horse who had some other horse's past performances printed under his name? Or was it an eligible horse than run under the wrong saddle cloth number?

If it was the wrong horse (tattoo and/or markings on the racing horse did not match those on the foal papers of the entered horse) then that is indeed a big mistake by the identifier. Very big. But what would that have to do with firing the stewards? They don't personally identify the horses.

If it was an appropriately entered horse that just had another horse's past performances printed under its name then why not just let it run for purse money only and refund wagers placed on it based on the faulty past performances? Why wouldn't it be allowed to run?

I have read the Mike Welsch blurb four times but still can't figure out exactly what he is saying. Apparantly Onesteptogo was mis-identified as stable mate Walkamileinmyshoes when he made his debut at Calder on Dec. 27 They let the wrong horse run on December 27th?