PDA

View Full Version : Brethren 10-1????

Zippy Chippy
04-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Is there any chance HE'LL GO off at his 10-1 morning line? I hope so. I almost dismiss Tampa races.the track is a joke

toussaud
04-15-2011, 10:33 PM
i think he will go a tad lower than that.

I think the ML guy gave the Louisiana horses too much credit. I don't think the betting public thinks as highly of them then he did.

He's not my pick, but he would not shock me at all. I like you am tossing his last race. I just don't think even the races before that can beat the best in the A derby

Zippy Chippy
04-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Its amazing how heavily people weigh the last race

Dahoss9698
04-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Where is this horses good race? Even of you throw out the last (even though he handled the track previously) what race of his stands out?

cj
04-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Where is this horses good race? Even of you throw out the last (even though he handled the track previously) what race of his stands out?

I wouldn't take him at 20 to 1.

toussaud
04-15-2011, 11:10 PM
I see what you did there you sneaky devil you lol.

Dahoss9698
04-15-2011, 11:21 PM
I see what you did there you sneaky devil you lol.

Nothing sneaky at all. I'm serious.

toussaud
04-16-2011, 06:49 PM
you got your price.

Zippy Chippy
04-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't take him at 20 to 1.

You really convinced me w/ this post..... I completely switched my pick (to Elite Alex)... I'm hoping you are right since you obviously know alot more than me... (even though these races are unpredictable)

Im pretty sure in elementary school when we took scantron tests they said never to switch your first guess... I never was a great student..

cj
04-16-2011, 07:11 PM
You really convinced me w/ this post..... I completely switched my pick (to Elite Alex)... I'm hoping you are right since you obviously know alot more than me... (even though these races are unpredictable)

Im pretty sure in elementary school when we took scantron tests they said never to switch your first guess... I never was a great student..

Out of those two, I'd go with Brethren! Not really, but I don't like either one. I think The Factor will dominate and am sitting it out, so don't listen to me.

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I discount the chances of both Brethren and Elite Alex so much, I didn't even give them a line.

Fastracehorse
04-17-2011, 12:05 AM

.......b4 his first freshening. It's no big surprise that a 3 yo is no longer the same after a 'wound up' race. No recent examples need to b given.

fffastt

Dahoss9698
04-17-2011, 12:16 AM
.......b4 his first freshening. It's no big surprise that a 3 yo is no longer the same after a 'wound up' race. No recent examples need to b given.

fffastt

I don't even know what you are trying to say here, but the horse isn't very good and hasn't run a good race yet.

Fastracehorse
04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
I don't even know what you are trying to say here, but the horse isn't very good and hasn't run a good race yet.

......has had 5 life time starts: his first 3 were excellent - like you alluded: his last 2 were uninspiring.

Two reasons why Brethren's first 3 were impressive in spite of speed figs: 1)all 3 were compromised by poor starts; 2) they became key races.

Speed figurewise, his 2nd 2 yo old race can be projected to be about a 110 (as a 3 year old). He ran a very good G-3 as a 3 yo ( nobody got near him ) but regressed significantly his 2nd 3 yo start.

Sound familiar? A horse not allowed to grow into his own - or asked to do too much too early.

fffastt

Dahoss9698
04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
......has had 5 life time starts: his first 3 were excellent - like you alluded: his last 2 were uninspiring.

Two reasons why Brethern's first 3 were impressive in spite of speed figs: 1)all 3 were compromised by poor starts; 2) they became key races.

Speed figurewise, his 2nd 2 yo old race can be projected to be about a 110 (as a 3 year old). He ran a very good G-3 as a 3 yo ( nobody got near him ) but regressed significantly his 2nd 3 yo start.

Sound familiar? A horse not allowed to grow into his own - or asked to do too much too early.

fffastt

I don't agree. It's not liked he was rushed. He ran in an allowance race after breaking his maiden and the Tampa races were glorified allowance races. Have you seen what the horses in his Tampa races have done since then? It's not pretty.

I think he might have some distance limitations and isn't very good. He might be best as a closing sprinter.

Fastracehorse
04-17-2011, 01:16 AM
I don't agree. It's not liked he was rushed. He ran in an allowance race after breaking his maiden and the Tampa races were glorified allowance races. Have you seen what the horses in his Tampa races have done since then? It's not pretty.

I think he might have some distance limitations and isn't very good. He might be best as a closing sprinter.

It looks like he's not right; ie, regressed in form.

Regardless of how horses have fared coming out of the Feb 12 G3; he still ran a reasonable time/speed fig for a Derby hopeful ( 3rd place horse came back to win btw ).

And kudos to you and your team for winning the league lead in the contest. That is awesome. Pace's team did incredible for 14 weeks and you went by at the wire. We got knocked out of the playoffs today - should be some fun stress for you and Pace coming up :)

fffastt

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
And kudos to you and your team for winning the league lead in the contest. That is awesome. Pace's team did incredible for 14 weeks and you went by at the wire. We got knocked out of the playoffs today - should be some fun stress for you and Pace coming up :)

fffasttActually, they kicked our asses in terms of money won, which is really the only thing that really counts.

Valuist
04-17-2011, 07:46 PM

At the racetrack, your LAST impression is almost always better than your first. At least IMO it is.

Fastracehorse
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Actually, they kicked our asses in terms of money won, which is really the only thing that really counts.

because it's a game to accumulate points not $

in the playoffs you will have to decide to go for the big score or grind out the conservative payout - depending on the type of races i guess

that's what makes it so fun: never play faves to get high reward or a balance

neways, i'm sure your team will have some healthy debates

fffastt

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2011, 12:35 AM
I really wish I could have found a way to use the word really one more time in my last reply. :lol: