PDA

View Full Version : Feds Crush Online Poker

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 03:52 PM
it continues to amaze me that with the budget, health care, the cost of gas,north africa, the middle east etc., the as- h-les in washington keep coming up with stuff like this.

meanwhile the chief as- h-ole is oblivious, with a 41% approval rating, is off to chi town raising 1 billion for the next time around.

I-N-CO-M-P-R-E-H-E=N-S-A-B-L-E

largest online poker sites indicted by federal government :

http://blogs.forbes.com/nathanvardi/2011/04/15/founders-of-worlds-biggest-online-poker-companies-indicted/

bigmack
04-15-2011, 04:25 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/pokerblow.png

DJofSD
04-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Beat me to it: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/04/three-largest-online-poker-sites-indicted-and-shut-down-by-fbi.html

redshift1
04-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Tax on the winnings not enough feds want a bigger slice of pie

bigmack
04-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Tax on the winnings not enough feds want a bigger slice of pie
So the bank fraud and money laundering charges are a sham for the Feds to get a bigger slice? Those clever Feds. :rolleyes:

Jay Trotter
04-15-2011, 05:21 PM
So much for freedom of the individual!!! :faint:

redshift1
04-15-2011, 05:24 PM
So the bank fraud and money laundering charges are a sham for the Feds to get a bigger slice? Those clever Feds. :rolleyes:

Strange time to finally implement the law, kind of like growing your nest egg
sans the risk.....

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 05:30 PM
So much for freedom of the individual!!! :faint:

i started another thread on this topic which PA can merge if he likes.

i've seen the "justice's" department close up, and individual freedom in dealing with them is a figment of somebody's imagination.

they say they fight "the mob".....they are the mob

bigmack
04-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I ain't no fan of the Feds, but they are notoriously slow and meticulous when it comes to indictments and investigations. Their % success of prosecution is something in the mid 90's. So too, online gaming sites are notoriously sketchy.

Seems like just another garden variety bank fraud & money laundering caper to me.

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 06:06 PM
I ain't no fan of the Feds, but they are notoriously slow and meticulous when it comes to indictments and investigations. Their % success of prosecution is something in the mid 90's. So too, online gaming sites are notoriously sketchy.

Seems like just another garden variety bank fraud & money laundering caper to me.

the fed = unlimited time, resources, judges, the system.

once they come knocking.....you choose your poison. a plea deal, the idiotic jury or judge or your own legal fees. all this is the major factor in their "success" rate. you don't fight.....you salvage.

Canarsie
04-15-2011, 06:19 PM

Very accurate assesment. :ThmbUp:

It's more than one company so all the pieces had to be tied together.

Here in NY/NJ when they have arrests for bookmaking/loan shark investigations they usually take a minimum of two years sometimes more. How they ever pull it off in this day and age without someone getting tipped off is beyond my comprehension.

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Very accurate assesment. :ThmbUp:

It's more than one company so all the pieces had to be tied together.

Here in NY/NJ when they have arrests for bookmaking/loan shark investigations they usually take a minimum of two years sometimes more. How they ever pull it off in this day and age without someone getting tipped off is beyond my comprehension.

they deal in patriotism.images/UBGX/E9.gif

toussaud
04-15-2011, 06:33 PM
I literary saw this day coming for 5 years.

I remember I was living in sarasota when I heard on the radio about my betwwts offshore account being siezed and having to find another book in the states.

I don't feel bad for them at all. Had they been paying any attention they should have saw what happened to teh horse racing industry. The federal government drew a line in the sand with offshore accounts years ago.

If that was not the case I would be able to wager using betfair now. I can't.

If I can't, they should not be able to either. IN reality we both should be able to, but my point is, this is not a surprise.

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I literary saw this day coming for 5 years.

I remember I was living in sarasota when I heard on the radio about my betwwts offshore account being siezed and having to find another book in the states.

I don't feel bad for them at all. Had they been paying any attention they should have saw what happened to teh horse racing industry. The federal government drew a line in the sand with offshore accounts years ago.

If that was not the case I would be able to wager using betfair now. I can't.

If I can't, they should not be able to either. IN reality we both should be able to, but my point is, this is not a surprise.

no, it's no surprise but as you state why can't you participate ? just where the hell does their jurisdiction end ?

their power of seizure, enhanced by the patriot act, is the biggest scam goin on.

Spendabuck85
04-15-2011, 06:40 PM
IN ANOTHER era, Daniel Tzvetkoff would have been whacked - shot or garroted, buried in a shallow grave or sent to sleep with the fishes.

The world's two biggest online gambling companies, Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars, which want the $US100 million they believe the former Gold Coast high-flyer took from them, don't work that way.

They send their lawyers. Or they just wait. But Tzvetkoff, incredibly, has used his position from inside a US jail to, first, free himself, and then go on the offensive against the very people who are chasing him.

The Queensland internet entrepreneur, 28, was mysteriously bailed from a US federal prison last August. He has rolled to save his neck.

US federal prosecutors are using Tzvetkoff's unique inside knowledge of how big online gambling companies shift money out of the US in exchange for a sweet deal

Full story at:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/web-kings-life-on-the-line/story-fn6ck45n-1226039907165

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 06:52 PM
like i said......patriotic. creeps

toussaud
04-15-2011, 06:53 PM
with that said, this hurts online gambling more than it did horse racing. this basically gave companies like xpressbet a liscense to print money. you had no choice.

now, who is going to take the slack for the poker players. if you are an online poker player right now you have to be pissed.

bigmack
04-15-2011, 06:53 PM
like i said......patriotic. creeps
:lol: Sounds like you have a strong case against The Feds authority.

Good luck.

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 06:57 PM
they all think they're j. edgar hoover. it's a long tradition of creeps.

prospector
04-15-2011, 07:14 PM
totally absurd...
shut down online poker sites, but leave the border open?
way to go obama:confused:

slew101
04-15-2011, 08:00 PM
C'mon guys. This has nothing to do with who is in the White House, and you know it.

The feds have been doing this crap for years under Bush as well.

That's why it doesn't matter which party is in the White House. The US will never approve any online gambling, ever.

I agree to pursue this crap with the state of finances is absurd. How many millions are spent by the feds on this nonsense, which in the end, does very little to stop online gambling.

totally absurd...
shut down online poker sites, but leave the border open?
way to go obama:confused:

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2011, 08:12 PM
But, but, but, but...some guy on here keeps posting it's all Republican's fault why online gaming is restricted here in the USA...

I guess he can't talk that kind of smack anymore.... :lol:

riskman
04-15-2011, 08:15 PM
It has now been several years since the bank financial crisis which was caused in large part by reckless lending and excessive risk taking and no senior executives have been charged or imprisoned.
There were no criminal referrals from the regulators,no fraud,no national task force no punishment whatsoever. What do we do, the banks get a bailout while millions of Americans suffered losses in property valuations, retirement accounts and personal trading accounts. The entire world was effected by the U.S. financial community. The bottom line prosecutors and regulators have said they have done the best they can under the circumstances yet they find the time to actively pursue on line poker gambling.
What a joke this is!

bigmack
04-15-2011, 08:30 PM
It has now been several years since the bank financial crisis which was caused in large part by reckless lending and excessive risk taking and no senior executives have been charged or imprisoned.
I looked it up. Nothing about reckless lending & excessive risk on the books that is prosecutable. Bank fraud & money laundering came up positive.

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I looked it up. Nothing about reckless lending & excessive risk on the books that is prosecutable. Bank fraud & money laundering came up positive.

where does selective prosecution for the political enhancement fit in under the guidelines ? CREEPS

bigmack
04-15-2011, 09:06 PM
If only the proprietors of those sites hadn't engaged in illegal activities. Darn those guys. Otherwise, things would be ducky.

I'll bet these are trumped-up charges. :rolleyes:

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
If only the proprietors of those sites hadn't engaged in illegal activities. Darn those guys. Otherwise, things would be ducky.

I'll bet these are trumped-up charges. :rolleyes:

i don't know anything about you. i would bet, in the last 12 months you are guilty of breaking a federal law.

i'm not picking on you, i feel that way about almost everyone. you may or may not even be aware of the law you are breaking.

that's my point. too much law, too much regulation, too much...way too much wasington.

you get my point...if they come after you, they'll get you or break you. they borrow or print whatever they need.

you think that's trumped up ?

toussaud
04-15-2011, 09:37 PM
i don't know anything about you. i would bet, in the last 12 months you are guilty of breaking a federal law.

i'm not picking on you, i feel that way about almost everyone. you may or may not even be aware of the law you are breaking.

that's my point. too much law, too much regulation, too much...way too much wasington.

you get my point...if they come after you, they'll get you or break you. they borrow or print whatever they need.

you think that's trumped up ?
I don't like to talk about it often, but I have mentioned it here before, at one time for a previous business venture I was federally indicted... for no other reason, as it turns out, as we pissed off a pretty big bank. Mind you we did nothing wrong, at least I didn't as the charges were dropped (2 years later), but I remember getting that... 57 page indictment and show it to my lawyer and we were both like, this is 57 pages, of garbage. 57 pages of nothing. I still have it in my office drawer just in case I have a bad day, I pull it out and look at it and remember it doesn't get worse than that. They put my life on hold for 2 years.

Forget the ham sammich, they can indict mayonnaise.

but in this instance, can you really blame them? We can get on and on about what laws we do and do not want to enforce. The issue isn't gambling so much as it is avoiding taxes. Which leads me to believe why is there not a legal onshore place yet? They had 5 years to get their act together after we got busted so to speak as an industry.

You also have to look at it from this standpoint.. there are, legal gambling establishments as well, that pay taxes (spare me the loophole speech I get it, just stating in general) and like with the horse racing industry, off shore bets were creating unfair playing field to the legal companies.

Barry Bonds IMHO is overkill. That's them taking it too far. This.. this I honestly don't have a problem with for the 2 reasons above.

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 09:44 PM
did you like the front page ? you know the one that reads
'the united states of america vs. toussard" ?

bigmack
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
did you like the front page ? you know the one that reads
'the united states of america vs. toussard" ?
Slow it down there, Chief.

You either have a serious beef for Le'Feds or an unhealthy hankerin' to see the river card on a never ending online poker quest.

toussaud
04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
nm

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 09:58 PM
i'll bet it didn't make the front page when the charges were dropped

toussaud
04-15-2011, 10:02 PM
i'll bet it didn't make the front page when the charges were dropped
nope.

(true story) I did not even know they were dropped. I had to report to my PO like once a month and I went to the fed building and they couldn't find my name after like 30 minutes someone came out and said " you don't know" I was like "know what" they were like your charges were dropped, GTFO lol. NO phone call, no letter nothing. My lawyer did not even know.

sonnyp
04-15-2011, 10:05 PM
that's the way "they roll".

some naive people think they wear white hats.......they don't. unless you've been there you just can't imagine how low they are.

PhantomOnTour
04-16-2011, 12:29 AM
it continues to amaze me that with the budget, health care, the cost of gas,north africa, the middle east etc., the as- h-les in washington keep coming up with stuff like this.

meanwhile the chief as- h-ole is oblivious, with a 41% approval rating, is off to chi town raising 1 billion for the next time around.

I-N-CO-M-P-R-E-H-E=N-S-A-B-L-E

largest online poker sites indicted by federal government :

http://blogs.forbes.com/nathanvardi/2011/04/15/founders-of-worlds-biggest-online-poker-companies-indicted/
This post I-N-C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-N-S-I-B-L-E.
I suppose you abbreviated a-hole because you have trouble spelling it. By the way, Africa and Washington are proper and should be capitalized.

Zippy Chippy
04-16-2011, 07:20 AM
I just cashed out a pretty large sum last week. I have friends with 10s of thousands still online that are nervous. Pokerstars released a statement that all funds still secure

Rise Over Run
04-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I tried to play on FullTilt this morning, but US based players are no longer allowed to play in games involving real money.

Canarsie
04-16-2011, 08:25 AM
I hate discussing politics on here so I'll keep it simple.

1. The law was enacted when Bush was President.

2. The indictments came when Obama was President.

3. It was pretty hard to put money into an account unless you used your checking. They once called me and I would have had to drive over 30 miles to get a pre paid credit card that worked. Right then and there it was a tip off that something was wrong. Again this bill was enacted when Bush was president

4. I find it strange that it came from the NY district. Could this be a deal for Reid to introduce online poker strictly from Nevada? With the feds taxing it (if it would pass) politicians can say we're reducing the deficit. This is when Obama is President.

5. Last and not least I now find it very interesting that Christie vetoed online poker in NJ. One of his quotes was I don't think it could pass constitutional muster or something like that. He was a U.S. attorney probably still has lots of connections there and got a heads up. If so I give him tons of credit because there was no leaks. This Brooklyn boy believes in keeping your mouth ZIPPED.

6. 99.9% percent of the people from the U.S. had to know it was illegal to play for money online. Nobody was the least bit scared because not one single sole was ever prosecuted.

witchdoctor
04-16-2011, 08:36 AM
4. I find it strange that it came from the NY district. Could this be a deal for Reid to introduce online poker strictly from Nevada? With the feds taxing it (if it would pass) politicians can say we're reducing the deficit. This is when Obama is President.

Maybe it is part of a master plan. Close down the private online poker shops. Have the Feds run their own online poker website and make money to balance the budget. The only problem I see with that plan is that if the government is running the show, they will find a way to lose money.

depalma113
04-16-2011, 08:56 AM
6. 99.9% percent of the people from the U.S. had to know it was illegal to play for money online. Nobody was the least bit scared because not one single sole was ever prosecuted.

It's not illegal to play poker for money online.

It is illegal for US banks to transfer money to and from poker sites.

If you win money on a poker site in a free roll and play in real money games with that money, you are not breaking any law in the United States.

toussaud
04-16-2011, 09:36 AM

If you win money on a poker site in a free roll and play in real money games with that money, you are not breaking any law in the United States.
it's not even illegal to transfer money. We do it all the time in horse racing.

the difference is, our money is taxed. when you hit a lick on pokerstars, they don't take out tax money do they? hit a pick 6 on xpressbet and see what happens lol.

there are no records kept of winnigs, they don't make you go through all the address verification stuff for tax purposes like they do with a horse racing accounts
this is about hiding about taxing money plain and simple

Robert Goren
04-16-2011, 09:38 AM

If you win money on a poker site in a free roll and play in real money games with that money, you are not breaking any law in the United States.Thats my understanding of the law too. I think all of us online poker players knew that this was coming, but were hoping somehow it wasn't.
There is plently of blame to spread around on why it is happening now. I would like to the congress would revise the law quickly, but with the way things are now, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Robert Goren
04-16-2011, 09:41 AM
it's not even illegal to transfer money. We do it all the time in horse racing.

the difference is, our money is taxed. when you hit a lick on pokerstars, they don't take out tax money do they? hit a pick 6 on xpressbet and see what happens lol.

there are no records kept of winnigs, they don't make you go through all the address verification stuff for tax purposes like they do with a horse racing accounts
this is about hiding about taxing money plain and simpleThere is an exception written into the law for horse racing.

Robert Goren
04-16-2011, 10:00 AM

3. It was pretty hard to put money into an account unless you used your checking. They once called me and I would have had to drive over 30 miles to get a pre paid credit card that worked. Right then and there it was a tip off that something was wrong. Again this bill was enacted when Bush was president

5. Last and not least I now find it very interesting that Christie vetoed online poker in NJ. One of his quotes was I don't think it could pass constitutional muster or something like that. He was a U.S. attorney probably still has lots of connections there and got a heads up. If so I give him tons of credit because there was no leaks. This Brooklyn boy believes in keeping your mouth ZIPPED.

6. 99.9% percent of the people from the U.S. had to know it was illegal to play for money online. Nobody was the least bit scared because not one single sole was ever prosecuted.This post is correct, although I think the US attorney's office has been working on this before Obama became president. Although he didn't stop it. A lot of online poker sites pulled out the US market in when the law was passed including what was then the largest, Party Poker.
Let this serve as a warning, the offshore racing and sports books could be next. Don't keep very much money in those accounts.

Rookies
04-16-2011, 11:29 AM
And in steps Will Hill...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/William-Hill-And-Ladbrokes-Set-To-Win-Big-In-US-As-Online-Gambling-Laws-Are-Relaxed-in-Washington-DC/Article/201104315972947?lpos=Business_Second_Home_Page_Art icle_Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15972947_William_Hill_And_Ladbrokes_Se t_To_Win_Big_In_US_As_Online_Gambling_Laws_Are_Rel axed_in_Washington_DC

bigmack
04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
And in steps Will Hill...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/William-Hill-And-Ladbrokes-Set-To-Win-Big-In-US-As-Online-Gambling-Laws-Are-Relaxed-in-Washington-DC/Article/201104315972947?lpos=Business_Second_Home_Page_Art icle_Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15972947_William_Hill_And_Ladbrokes_Se t_To_Win_Big_In_US_As_Online_Gambling_Laws_Are_Rel axed_in_Washington_DC
Tell me you play cards online so I can complete the picture of you being an action junkie.

Jay Trotter
04-16-2011, 02:21 PM
I had an enjoyable game last night at PokerStars!

thaskalos
04-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I had an enjoyable game last night at PokerStars! It had to be before 9:30 PM, central time...

I tried to log on at that time...and I wasn't allowed to play.

Jay Trotter
04-16-2011, 02:45 PM
It had to be before 9:30 PM, central time...

I tried to log on at that time...and I wasn't allowed to play.

Ah, but you would be wrong my friend! I'm actually playing a game as we speak! I see that PokerStars posted a notice when I signed in that they have changed their address to www.pokerstars.eu instead of .com!

thaskalos
04-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Ah, but you would be wrong my friend! I'm actually playing a game as we speak! I see that PokerStars posted a notice when I signed in that they have changed their address to www.pokerstars.eu (http://www.pokerstars.eu) instead of .com! Sorry Jay...I forgot where you live.

We may all be headed your way soon...

Jay Trotter
04-16-2011, 02:52 PM
LOL..........we're all chipping in to build that wall you guys keep talking about!

Sorry Jay...I forgot where you live.

We may all be headed your way soon...

thaskalos
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM
LOL..........we're all chipping in to build that wall you guys keep talking about!
Who can blame you? :)

Rookies
04-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Tell me you play cards online so I can complete the picture of you being an action junkie.

I don't.

But tell me, exactly WHY are you on a gambling site other than to post inane political opinions ? Apparently, you don't know virtually anyone that gambles on anything.

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2011, 04:00 PM

6. 99.9% percent of the people from the U.S. had to know it was illegal to play for money online. Nobody was the least bit scared because not one single sole was ever prosecuted.All these points about blaming it on Bush were rendered moot the minute the Democrats took control of Congress and the White House. They had YEARS to correct Bush's "mistake." And yet, they didn't...

So to pin this on any one party is ridiculous. The Democrats obviously either see gambling online the same way as evil Bush and the Republicans, or they didn't give enough shit to change the law. Either way, blame them both.

slew101
04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Anyone who blames one party hasn't followed the legislation. Yes, Frist and Kyl attached the legislation to a Port Authority bill in 2006 to get it passed. The thinking was the Democrats wouldn't stop it because it would halt funding for the troops.

However, Harry Reid, then the minority leader, had the power to stop the bill and force the legislation to be rewritten. He chose not to and allowed the Senate vote.

And Nancy Pelosi, about to be House Speaker, voted in favor of the gambling law in the House vote earlier that year.

I also laugh when people think this is some plan by the US to eventual legalize online gambling. There is nothing to suggest that will ever happen.

I also doubt Bush or Obama even discussed online gambling with their aides.

All these points about blaming it on Bush were rendered moot the minute the Democrats took control of Congress and the White House. They had YEARS to correct Bush's "mistake." And yet, they didn't...

So to pin this on any one party is ridiculous. The Democrats obviously either see gambling online the same way as evil Bush and the Republicans, or they didn't give enough shit to change the law. Either way, blame them both.

Robert Goren
04-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone who blames one party hasn't followed the legislation. Yes, Frist and Kyl attached the legislation to a Port Authority bill in 2006 to get it passed. The thinking was the Democrats wouldn't stop it because it would halt funding for the troops.

However, Harry Reid, then the minority leader, had the power to stop the bill and force the legislation to be rewritten. He chose not to and allowed the Senate vote.

And Nancy Pelosi, about to be House Speaker, voted in favor of the gambling law in the House vote earlier that year.

I also laugh when people think this is some plan by the US to eventual legalize online gambling. There is nothing to suggest that will ever happen.

I also doubt Bush or Obama even discussed online gambling with their aides. That is probably true. Bush admitted that he didn't know that it was part of the legislation when he signed it. He also said he would have signed it even if he had known about it. Pace is right the democrats had plenty of chances to repeal it. The sad facts are the only politicians who care about gambling are the ones opposed to it.

Canarsie
04-16-2011, 06:35 PM
All these points about blaming it on Bush were rendered moot the minute the Democrats took control of Congress and the White House. They had YEARS to correct Bush's "mistake." And yet, they didn't...

I'm not blaming Bush or Obama that's why I posted it like that. Doesn't matter who's in office the problem is going to persist. If anyone's to blame it's Reid who said if the law is ever enacted it will be from Nevada only.

Just my opinion but it also seems there are rouge U.S. Attorneys (San Francisco and others) that have their own agenda and pursue it. Why in the world would the NY Southern District go after this they usually round up illegal bookmaking (huge sweeps) every couple of years.

Lets face it the horse or poker player is in the extreme minority. Try banning slots and there would be such an uproar especially from the female population. Whoever voted for it would be booted out next election.

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not blaming Bush or Obama that's why I posted it like that.This is true. I should not have quoted you in my reply...sorry about that..

Canarsie
04-16-2011, 06:53 PM
This is true. I should not have quoted you in my reply...sorry about that..

Your the boss here you don't have to apologize. :lol:

pandy
04-17-2011, 01:00 AM
We're in three wars, trillions in debt, gas is almost $4.00 a gallon, the economy is terrible, between oil spills, nuclear power explosions, etc, we're destroying our ecosystem, but let's focus our efforts on shutting down Poker.

Unbelievable.

The biggest hypocrisy is that Wall St is one huge casino yet they not only allow everyone to trade online, but they give you tax incentives to try and get you to risk more money on stocks.

DJofSD
04-20-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-poker-clubs-20110420,0,5892389.story

Though it was a Monday night and tax day to boot, finding a parking spot at Hustler Casino in Gardena was no easy feat.

It may have been the ongoing poker tournament that helped the crowd swell above normal size. But over the weekend, a breed of player not usually found in clubs had also swarmed the casino. Wearing sunglasses under their hoodies and hats, they stood out "like a zebra around a bunch of cows," manager Craig Kaufman said.

how cliche
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
horse bettors online complain about how poorly they're treated when they attend a live racing venue or otb. they should try live poker at card clubs. they'll stop whining. i can only speak for players in the sf bay area, however.

suppose you want to play a low stakes no limit holdem game, the most popular game in town. 1-2 with a 200 max buy but unlimited rebuys.
these clubs know it's where the demand is, but use 80% of their tables for limit games. 1-2, 3-6, 6-12, 15-30, 30-60. 1-2 limit. really? the only reason i could envision somebody wasting their hours on those tables is they dream of winning a bad beat jackpot.

the point is that you put your name on a list and wait. to make money at a card game takes patience. the average session is 8 to 10 hours. at these clubs you'd better add an extra 2. now i know i'm a sicko who loves to gamble, especially in games where i compete against my peers. but even i have a hard time reconciling a 2 hour wait just to get a seat. it really does make you feel mistreated so i no longer give them my biz.

i can only imagine what the wait's gonna be now. what 4 hours? ridic. either go to horse racing, start a house game, or stop.

superfecta
04-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Some things you cannot control.If your an angle player,sometimes you wait for hours just to play one race.
Thats why some adjust their game.
I am a limit player at poker.Just because you dont win at limit doesnt mean some of dont.
I remember I had to wait to find a race to bet when supers first came out,and guys said that a super was a sucker bet.
I just nodded my head and cashed my tickets.
Poker rooms will adjust,add more tables if enough people want to play the game you like.

Robert Goren
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
I take this means we will not be having a derby poker tournament this year.

thaskalos
04-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Just received word from POKERSTARS that our deposits - which had been "frozen" - are now available to be withdrawn by us.

I submitted my withdrawl request...and was told that I would have my money in 72 hours.

Robert Goren
04-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Just received word from POKERSTARS that our deposits - which had been "frozen" - are now available to be withdrawn by us.

I submitted my withdrawl request...and was told that I would have my money in 72 hours.I cashed out yesterday. 72 hours to process and another 3-5 days for the money to hit my account. I am still waiting for FTP to come up with a plan. I am always happy just to get my money in situations like this.

JustRalph
04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I cashed out yesterday. 72 hours to process and another 3-5 days for the money to hit my account. I am still waiting for FTP to come up with a plan. I am always happy just to get my money in situations like this.

And what about the referrals to State Prosecutors? Heard anything from them yet?

sonnyp
04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
And what about the referrals to State Prosecutors? Heard anything from them yet?

this is ALL, SUCH BULLSHIT

Robert Goren
04-28-2011, 02:03 PM
And what about the referrals to State Prosecutors? Heard anything from them yet? Nope

slew101
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
This same withdrawal process happened when Neteller was taken down in 2007. All the US players got their money back, although this seems to be moving much faster.

Players are not being targeted by the feds. They never are.

sonnyp
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
This same withdrawal process happened when Neteller was taken down in 2007. All the US players got their money back, although this seems to be moving much faster.

Players are not being targeted by the feds. They never are.

had a friend that had a good size balance with youbet when the feds seized them in 2007. a long time later, thru a lawyer, he got 50 % back. the lawyer took the other 50%. NICE

Rise Over Run
04-28-2011, 07:58 PM

I submitted my withdrawl request...and was told that I would have my money in 72 hours.

Nothing has changed at FULLTILT.