PDA

View Full Version : Royal Delta

toussaud
04-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Just won, quite impressively at keeneland.

I would take a real hard look at breathern in the arknasas derby. not saying bet him but toss out that last race. That track is so dang funky. She was much the best today

Linny
04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Glad to see her run back well. I was sure after her debut that she'd be a monster 3yo.
I'm still not high on Brethren as he had run well at TBD before looking dull last out. he just looks like a colt who has just not improved from his earliest races.

Marlin
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
I attribute RD's form reversal to her trainer, but who knows it may have been the track.

RXB
04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Royal Delta can definitely run some but she's gotta do a whole lot more than beat a run-of-the-mill N1X field to make me think she's special. Her two wins have come against an awful maiden field on a dirt track that was unusually favourable to off-pace runners, and on Poly yesterday where the early leaders again couldn't win, even when the pace was downright dawdling in a few races.

So I'll wait until there's more substantial proof before declaring her wonderful, similar to my statement about Arienza after her easy pace-aided N1X win over a modest field.