PDA

View Full Version : Radio Show TONIGHT Welcomes JULIEN LEPAROUX

winningponies
04-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Tonight (4/14) at 8pm ET (5pm PT), on our live Internet radio show Winning Ponies, we welcome champion jockey, Julien Leparoux.

He is the rider for Dialed In, one of the early favorites to take home the roses in the 2011 Kentucky Derby. Dialed In and Leparoux won the Florida Derby beating other Kentucky Derby hopefuls, Soldat and To Honor and Serve.

Leparoux has been one of the most consistent and top earning jockeys since he has come on the scene. In his first year in the states, he won 403 races, leading all jockeys, and earning him the 2006 Eclipse Award for Oustanding Apprentice Jockey.

Since then, he has gone on to take the racing world by storm. Some of his accomplishments are: winning back to back G1 stakes races in the 2009 Kentucky Derby card, winning 3 G1 races in the 2009 Breeders' Cup, a second Eclipse Award in 2009, and meet titles at Turfway Park, Churchill Downs, and Keeneland.

The son of former jockey-turned-trainer Robert Leparoux, he grew up around racing in Chantilly, France, and rode competitive hunter/jumpers until his father allowed him to begin a racing career at 18. He said "I knew I wanted to be a jockey from the time I was five". The younger Leparoux came to Southern California in January of 2003 to work as an exercise rider for trainer Patrick Biancone.

Additionally, host Ed Meyer will go over the latest news in the racing world leading up to this year's Kentucky Derby, including this upcoming weekend's big races, the Arkansas Derby and the Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland. Ed Meyer, is very knowledgeable, with many years of hands-on experience in the industry. Additionally, Dangerous Dan will stop by to give his predictions for this weekend's action.

You can hear the show live (as well as the past archived shows) at: http://radio.winningponies.com (http://radio.winningponies.com/)

We hope you tune in live, and feel free to call in (888-346-9144) to speak with our special guests. We are offering a free WinningPonies.com baseball cap to everyone who calls into the show!

Our show airs live every Thursday at the same time, and we always try to book exciting guests.

We hope you listen in, and any feedback about the show would be appreciated.